Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: - eracknaphobia - 2013-10-12

Thanks for all your hard work Hyperium! I was able to get NHL Gamecenter back and running with your advice. One thing I did notice with my particular setup was I had to load the NHL live games list before enabling Widecap or else XBMC would freeze on me. Hope this helps anyone experiencing the same issue, thanks again!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Swiper the Fox - 2013-10-12

(2013-10-12, 21:28)darwynz Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 19:18)Swiper the Fox Wrote: anyone know if roku is any good for gamecenter ?

I picked up the Roku 2 XD today from BestBuy ($59) and watched the 1st period of Boston/Columbus... worked flawlessly.....

Yeah, I ended going to wallymart myself
works great so far
no complaints liked xbmc add-on and seems as though even if they 'fix ' it in xbmc , it will go down again later and will be an endless battle to
keep things up and running all the time

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - kaczor47 - 2013-10-13

edit: nevermind.... figured it out.

RE: - Carb0 - 2013-10-13

Thanks to Hyperiums idea to change the user agent I was able to get live streams working without external programs. It still needs further testing but I intend to release a new version of the add-on tomorrow.

RE: - bearisdriving - 2013-10-13

I would like to thank everyone for trying to solve the latest problems and I would like to especially thank Carb0 for making this add-on in the first place. It is very generous of you all to share your efforts with everyone else.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - dazed - 2013-10-13

(2013-10-13, 00:58)Carb0 Wrote: Thanks to Hyperiums idea to change the user agent I was able to get live streams working without external programs. It still needs further testing but I intend to release a new version of the add-on tomorrow.
You, sir, are my hero.

Re: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Rando - 2013-10-13

Awesomeness

RE: - hitman19 - 2013-10-13

Every time I have to use the NHL's shitty website or PS3 app, I am more and more thankful that people took the time to create and troubleshoot this far superior application. Perhaps if the NHL stopped trying to hinder the efforts of people like Carb0, Hyperium, and others, and instead hired them to fix their shitty streaming services, people wouldn't have to seek alternatives like this. Thanks to everyone doing their damndest to get this working again.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - apok - 2013-10-13

Any updates?

My build XBMC (13.0-ALPHA9 Git:20131011-9c9fdb3) doesn't seem to be picking up the EXT-X-KEY header when passed to DVDPlayer (modified the URLs to accept the User-Agent override).

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - goyney - 2013-10-13

It seems like this add-on fails when a game is consider to be blacked out with no messages. I haven't been able to stream the Chicago games in Florida the past few nights because of black outs and I thought the add-on was broken.

In addition, when connecting over VPN to bypass black out restrictions, it doesn't work. For example, I VPN into the UK and can watch the game via the GameCenter website. However, I still cannot stream the game in XBMC.

I can share my error log if you need it.

(2013-10-13, 02:21)apok Wrote: Any updates?

My build XBMC (13.0-ALPHA9 Git:20131011-9c9fdb3) doesn't seem to be picking up the EXT-X-KEY header when passed to DVDPlayer (modified the URLs to accept the User-Agent override).

It works fine in Frodo. Appending "|User-Agent=something" to the m3u8 URL doesn't work because XBMC downloads the key file with the normal XBMC user agent. I had to download the key file in advance and generate a new m3u8 file to make it work.

(2013-10-13, 02:29)goyney Wrote: It seems like this add-on fails when a game is consider to be blacked out with no messages. I haven't been able to stream the Chicago games in Florida the past few nights because of black outs and I thought the add-on was broken.

In addition, when connecting over VPN to bypass black out restrictions, it doesn't work. For example, I VPN into the UK and can watch the game via the GameCenter website. However, I still cannot stream the game in XBMC.

Live games don't work currently. A fix is coming tomorrow.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - hewligun - 2013-10-13

(2013-10-13, 02:44)Carb0 Wrote:
(2013-10-13, 02:21)apok Wrote: Any updates?

It works fine in Frodo. Appending "|User-Agent=something" to the m3u8 URL doesn't work because XBMC downloads the key file with the normal XBMC user agent. I had to download the key file in advance and generate a new m3u8 file to make it work.

(2013-10-13, 02:29)goyney Wrote: It seems like this add-on fails when a game is consider to be blacked out with no messages. I haven't been able to stream the Chicago games in Florida the past few nights because of black outs and I thought the add-on was broken.

Live games don't work currently. A fix is coming tomorrow.
would you mind posting the fix code when you do? I have my own addon that is similar but i cant get it to work in frodo. Only gotham.

(2013-10-13, 02:44)Carb0 Wrote: It works fine in Frodo. Appending "|User-Agent=something" to the m3u8 URL doesn't work because XBMC downloads the key file with the normal XBMC user agent. I had to download the key file in advance and generate a new m3u8 file to make it work.

So are you using an external program to change UAs? I'm not seeing the key file getting hit at all - which makes me wonder what's opening steam urls.

(2013-10-13, 03:06)hewligun Wrote: would you mind posting the fix code when you do? I have my own addon that is similar but i cant get it to work in frodo. Only gotham.

You can just download the add-on tommorow. The important stuff is in 2 new functions (donwloadm3u8File and updatem3u8File).

(2013-10-13, 03:06)apok Wrote: So are you using an external program to change UAs? I'm not seeing the key file getting hit at all - which makes me wonder what's opening steam urls.

No external program is needed. The add-on downloads the m3u8, then it downloads the key specified in the m3u8 file and saves it locally, then it modifies the links to the ts files and the key in the m3u8 file and finally plays the locally saved m3u8 file. Then every 10 seconds the m3u8 file is updated with new links to the ts files.

The XBMC log shows nothing about the key file but you should see it in Wireshark.

I think there's a bug here in the XBMC code (the version i mentioned a few posts back). You should be able to pass an m3u8 file directly to DVDPlayer and have it use ffmpeg right away. It looks like it tries to start playback by cURL-ing the playlist, and then the first file (this code is not ffmpeg). Playback doesn't start because the file is encrypted - but if it did, ffmpeg would take care of the rest (refreshing the playlist) behind the hood like it used to. At least your code will work for all versions that support decryption.