Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - smothers - 2013-10-25

FYI I tested it last night with the workaround on Windows 8.1 and everything worked great. Of course it is not ideal as other apps fail to stream till I close down those 2 programs but it is for sure a valid workaround.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-10-25

The official status of this add-on:
- Archived/condensed games work on all platforms
- Live games work on Linux/OSX
- Live games work on Windows with a workaround (please note that the workarounds may break archived/condensed games and other add-ons as long as Fiddler and Proxifier are running)
- The fix for live games that was implemented in the latest version of the add-on is just temporary. Apok is trying to fix the bug in XBMC. And juggie is working on a more elegant temporary fix that works on Windows too.
- It's possible that the stuttering that some people experience is caused by the temporary fix. Usually it's just a 'bad' feed and can be fixed by switching between the home and away feeds.

I don't have much time to work on the add-on right now. Don't count on an update anytime soon.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - edge06 - 2013-10-26

openelec working amazingly!

thx carb0!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Hyperium - 2013-10-26

carb0 this may be of interest. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95369

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - juggie - 2013-10-26

(2013-10-25, 18:00)Carb0 Wrote: The official status of this add-on:
- Archived/condensed games work on all platforms
- Live games work on Linux/OSX
- Live games work on Windows with a workaround (please note that the workarounds may break archived/condensed games and other add-ons as long as Fiddler and Proxifier are running)
- The fix for live games that was implemented in the latest version of the add-on is just temporary. Apok is trying to fix the bug in XBMC. And juggie is working on a more elegant temporary fix that works on Windows too.
- It's possible that the stuttering that some people experience is caused by the temporary fix. Usually it's just a 'bad' feed and can be fixed by switching between the home and away feeds.

I don't have much time to work on the add-on right now. Don't count on an update anytime soon.

I have not had a moment to work on this Sad My parents were visiting and i've been studying for a job competition. And of course keeping the wife happy. Busy, busy. I'll try to take a look at this sunday as I have plans tonight. Carb0 did you get any further with the code sample you had showed me before? Was it just the starting/stopping the code that was still causing problems?

(2013-10-26, 17:52)Hyperium Wrote: carb0 this may be of interest. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95369

That is EXACTLY what I was trying to write (but I have not had time). I was going to just include it in this plugin but running as a service for all plugins makes more sense.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-10-26

(2013-10-26, 20:40)juggie Wrote: I have not had a moment to work on this Sad My parents were visiting and i've been studying for a job competition. And of course keeping the wife happy. Busy, busy. I'll try to take a look at this sunday as I have plans tonight. Carb0 did you get any further with the code sample you had showed me before? Was it just the starting/stopping the code that was still causing problems?

I haven't worked on it since then. The only issue is the starting/stopping of the server. The streams are working fine (only tested on OSX).

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Hyperium - 2013-10-27

(2013-10-26, 21:18)Carb0 Wrote:
(2013-10-26, 20:40)juggie Wrote: I have not had a moment to work on this Sad My parents were visiting and i've been studying for a job competition. And of course keeping the wife happy. Busy, busy. I'll try to take a look at this sunday as I have plans tonight. Carb0 did you get any further with the code sample you had showed me before? Was it just the starting/stopping the code that was still causing problems?

I haven't worked on it since then. The only issue is the starting/stopping of the server. The streams are working fine (only tested on OSX).

That link I supplied may be the solution carb, check it out and see if it's what you're looking for.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - juggie - 2013-10-27

(2013-10-26, 21:18)Carb0 Wrote:

Starting/stopping should be easy. I'll take a look at what you gave me.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - smadj - 2013-10-28

Do you guys have any idea when and if this problem for windows users can be fixed??

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - vannyi - 2013-10-31

There are 72 pages in this thread...and it's kind of hard to keep up on all of the posts.

The plugin was downloaded from page 1 but when I try to run it, it says check your log in credentials

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-10-31

You need to open the add-on settings first and enter your username and password.

@smadj
No. You have to use one of the workarounds for the time being.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - apok - 2013-11-01

Carb0, finally had some time to sit down and look at this. It looks like (in Gotham builds anyways) the key request is proxied properly with the User-Agent from the m3u8. I had a proxy in the way that was preventing this method from working on my first pass... so there's nothing to fix.

I think people will just need to wait for proper builds to move to if they want to have it working nicely.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - avens19 - 2013-11-01

CONFIRMED!!! Working on Windows Gotham alpha9 Great find apok.

Carb0: I just added these two lines in the LIVELINKS method and removed the 0.5.5 stuff

home_url = home_url + "|User-Agent=iTunes-AppleTV/4.1"
away_url = away_url + "|User-Agent=iTunes-AppleTV/4.1"

Perhaps we should add a setting for changing the UA with this as the default.

For those of you wanting to switch to this method on Gotham in the meantime, replace your gamecenter.py with this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdgntds58rljrja/gamecenter.py

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2013-11-01

Great. I updated the add-on. It should automatically use the "|User-Agent=" method in Gotham and the old fix in Frodo.

- Fixed live games in Gotham (all platforms)
- Changed minimum API for python to 2.1

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Rando - 2013-11-01

Will this address the issue where things occasionally crash? I typically have a crash out once or twice per game (I think when the key file is being written and read at the same time?)