Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - sdsnyr94 - 2014-10-13

(2014-10-13, 20:48)jayace Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 20:47)SparkGFX Wrote: Its just sucks whe you drop $160 on a subscription to watch your team and if youhave a good team you like to watch, then about 20-25 games are blacked out, which I think is bullshit.
I agree.

Bring that up with the NHL and their blackout restrictions... In my opinion this add-on should not circumvent any of their restrictions.

P.S. I am in the same boat as a Rangers fan, and I cannot get NHL network unless I pony up more money to Time Warner, which I refuse to do. There are other ways around the blackouts, which I also feel should not be discussed here.

(2014-10-13, 19:54)sdsnyr94 Wrote: Carb0 - Testing from work and I am getting this error when I have "Generate Thumbnails on next Start" selected:

NOTICE: Downloading logos...
13:51:42 T:1184 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: global name 'RADDON_PATH_PROFILE' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\ssmith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\default.py", line 24, in <module>
CATEGORIES()
File "C:\Users\ssmith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\userinterface.py", line 50, in CATEGORIES
updateThumbs()
File "C:\Users\ssmith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\common.py", line 104, in updateThumbs
createThumbnails(ADDON_PATH,ADDON_PATH_PROFILE,THUMBFORMAT,BACKGROUND)
File "C:\Users\ssmith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\thumbnailgenerator.py", line 83, in createThumbnails
os.makedirs(os.path.join(RADDON_PATH_PROFILE, "images/logos/"))
NameError: global name 'RADDON_PATH_PROFILE' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<--
13:51:42 T:2348 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/
13:51:42 T:2348 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/) failed
13:51:42 T:7648 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Windows 7 - 64 bit/ Kodi Alpha 4

7.1 still same issue for me

Re: RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - jayace - 2014-10-13

You're entitled to your opinion as am I.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - bry - 2014-10-13

(2014-10-13, 20:55)jayace Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 20:52)sdsnyr94 Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 20:48)jayace Wrote: I agree.

Bring that up with the NHL and their blackout restrictions... In my opinion this add-on should not circumvent any of their restrictions.

P.S. I am in the same boat as a Rangers fan, and I cannot get NHL network unless I pony up more money to Time Warner, which I refuse to do. There are other ways around the blackouts, which I also feel should not be discussed here.

(2014-10-13, 19:54)sdsnyr94 Wrote: Carb0 - Testing from work and I am getting this error when I have "Generate Thumbnails on next Start" selected:

13:51:42 T:1184 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "C:\Users\ssmith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\default.py", line 24, in <module>
CATEGORIES()
File "C:\Users\ssmith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\userinterface.py", line 50, in CATEGORIES
updateThumbs()
File "C:\Users\ssmith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\common.py", line 104, in updateThumbs
File "C:\Users\ssmith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter\resources\lib\thumbnailgenerator.py", line 83, in createThumbnails
13:51:42 T:2348 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/
13:51:42 T:2348 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/) failed

You're entitled to your opinion as am I.

Opinion or not, the blackout restrictions are known before the subscription is purchased. If not that's in the purchaser for not reading the fine print.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - rbrohman - 2014-10-13

I cut cable a while back. Use mlb tv, NFL game pass and NHL Game center subscriptions to get far more games for less yearly than I was paying for cable.

Yes, the local blackouts are annoying. But that's an issue with the leagues, not the addons.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - eracknaphobia - 2014-10-13

(2014-10-13, 20:49)juggie Wrote: Carb0, are you going to add the new 5000kb/s bitrate? (Not that there is going to be a huge difference)

I believe he is already using the 5k streams
Code:
#Quality settings
            if QUALITY == 4 or 'bestquality' in url:
                if "live" in url:#fix needed to download the key below
                    m3u8URL = m3u8URL.replace('_ced.', '_5000_ced.')
            elif QUALITY == 3 or '5000K' in url:
                m3u8URL = m3u8URL.replace('_ced.', '_5000_ced.')
            elif QUALITY == 2 or '3000K' in url:
                m3u8URL = m3u8URL.replace('_ced.', '_3000_ced.')
            elif QUALITY == 1 or '1600K' in url:
                m3u8URL = m3u8URL.replace('_ced.', '_1600_ced.')
            else:
                m3u8URL = m3u8URL.replace('_ced.', '_800_ced.')

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - SparkGFX - 2014-10-13

Juggie - I live in Colorado therefore Altitude broadcasts the games locally, so I am shit out of luck on that one. Also I am aware of using the NBCS Live add-on, it works very good. But I am talking about the games on NHL Network (which you can't even find HD streams of anymore) and local.

Other than that the add-on is working fine. Thanks Carb0

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2014-10-13

(2014-10-13, 20:52)sdsnyr94 Wrote:

CATEGORIES()
updateThumbs()

Can you post a log? If you still get an error, it's a different issue.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - jayace - 2014-10-13

[/quote]

Opinion or not, the blackout restrictions are known before the subscription is purchased. If not that's in the purchaser for not reading the fine print.
[/quote]

I never said the restrictions weren't known. I simply agreed with the point about not liking it.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - jayace - 2014-10-13

I just cannot get my devices to update. Even when I do the "check for updates" through settings/ addons it just won't update. What am I doing wrong?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - bino - 2014-10-13

Any chance to have "french" choice for Quebec, Canada viewer? We have this option on NHL website.
Huge ty for this addon!

Re: RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - rbrohman - 2014-10-13

(2014-10-13, 21:37)jayace Wrote: I just cannot get my devices to update. Even when I do the "check for updates" through settings/ addons it just won't update. What am I doing wrong?
Do you have carbo's repository installed? Do the check updates/force refreah on his repo rather that on the actual addon

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2014-10-13

Did you try "Force refresh"? "Check for updates" is sometimes not enough.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - brainjfk - 2014-10-13

How do we add your repo Carb0?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - rbrohman - 2014-10-13

Repo zip is linked at bottom of first post in this thread.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - sdsnyr94 - 2014-10-13

Carb0 - Here you go : http://pastebin.com/K8dc2KQQ