Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - bprintz - 2014-10-15

Great add-on!

For those using Ouya - have you been able to get the 5000kbit/s to stream smoothly? If so, what settings are you running?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - brainjfk - 2014-10-15

(2014-10-15, 04:08)rbrohman Wrote: Carbo gets this addon going again and the Leafs win 2 straight? CoincidenceHuh

Thanks for the spoiler bro! Was gonna watch that game!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Liddy - 2014-10-15

Did everything and get all the way to the home and away links and they don't load please someone help?
I'm on frodo ras pi

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - TB123 - 2014-10-15

(2014-10-14, 05:31)TB123 Wrote: I'm also trying to mod this Addon to play those French feeds. I'm learning python & XBMC while coding this mod.

You could backup then copy/replace the following 2 files over the carb0s version 7.0.1 to try my mod.

1) copy default.py to XMBC/addons/plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter

2) copy strings.xml to XMBC/addons/plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/resources/language/English

To reverse back to the original version, just copy back the 2 files you backup.

This mod support French feeds as well as option to show scores. Some of the way I getting data from NHL is different from the original version. It might work or not work compare to the original version.

To Carb0, it would be great if you could see my mod and support French feeds in your version. Thanks.

Fixed the Live game session cookie expired problem. Basically, when the session is expired, GCL will return HTTP 401 and the add on has to try login again.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=118853&pid=1815240#pid1815240

Re: RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - rbrohman - 2014-10-15

(2014-10-15, 05:16)brainjfk Wrote:
(2014-10-15, 04:08)rbrohman Wrote: Carbo gets this addon going again and the Leafs win 2 straight? CoincidenceHuh

Thanks for the spoiler bro! Was gonna watch that game!
Oops, sorry!
(2014-10-15, 05:59)Liddy Wrote: Did everything and get all the way to the home and away links and they don't load please someone help?
I'm on frodo ras pi
Won't work with Frodo. You'll need to update to a Gotham build.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - amd7674 - 2014-10-15

(2014-10-15, 02:53)dazed Wrote:
(2014-10-15, 01:27)eracknaphobia Wrote: Script error here too. What fixed it for me:

- Back out of the addon to the video-addons section of XBMC
- Bring up the context menu and set settings to default (remove username & password)
- Launch the addon, you should see a "Check your credentials" message
- Bring the context menu back up and enter your login information
- Live games should work now

This basically forces the add-on to re-login, I'm not exactly sure the login is being called if xbmc still has the menu cached.
Confirmed here too.

Also, just a BIG FUGGING THANKS to Carb0 for his continued efforts on this. Saved my season, made my subscription worth every cent.

+1.... THANKS Carb0 for all your hard work and all others for chipping in Wink

Also thanks eracknaphobia for your workaround :-). Even if I have to do this every time, it is worth what you get. The 5kbps feed looks spectacular... and like other peeps have said it is worth gamecenter subscription.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Simonizer - 2014-10-15

This add-on is indeed fantastic.

And Rogers just announced that a lot of customers will be eligible for a full-season of free NHL Game Center Live, instead of just until December 31, 2014. Lucky for me, I am eligible... let the good times roll!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - hitman19 - 2014-10-15

(2014-10-15, 19:41)Simonizer Wrote: This add-on is indeed fantastic.

And Rogers just announced that a lot of customers will be eligible for a full-season of free NHL Game Center Live, instead of just until December 31, 2014. Lucky for me, I am eligible... let the good times roll!

Where did you see that?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Damcanadian - 2014-10-16

I am using the g2 midnight box. Can I load this onto a usb flash drive and then load it on to the box the same way?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - canucks - 2014-10-16

are there anyone interested in my version of the addon? see here for screenshot http://imgur.com/a/KCEsl

features:
* live games
* live score updates
* archive games (for current season only) - can add support for previous season but i am not compelled to do it, just cause i never watch it. with the UI i have, it's a bit of a pain to make a season selector as i suck with xbmc skinning.
* free game preview and post game recap video from NHL
* alternate camera angles and other cam (this is a to be added item)

it's not quite feature complete as carb0's version. it is something that i wrote for my own use and amusement. I look at carb0's version and it is a bit of work to incorporate my stuff into his addon. mainly of the way i retrieve the game schedule and parsing it. i use the json version (free access).

i'll take a closer look at carb0's code and see how i can add my stuff to his already great addon. there's no point in having 2 versions.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - sdsnyr94 - 2014-10-16

(2014-10-16, 03:50)canucks Wrote: are there anyone interested in my version of the addon? see here for screenshot http://imgur.com/a/KCEsl

features:
* live games
* live score updates
* archive games (for current season only) - can add support for previous season but i am not compelled to do it, just cause i never watch it. with the UI i have, it's a bit of a pain to make a season selector as i suck with xbmc skinning.

it's not quite feature complete as carb0's version. it is something that i wrote for my own use and amusement. I look at carb0's version and it is a bit of work to incorporate my stuff into his addon. mainly of the way i retrieve the game schedule and parsing it. i use the json version (free access).

i'll take a closer look at carb0's code and see how i can add my stuff to his already great addon. there's no point in having 2 versions.

Send me a link, I would love to try it.

Here is how I see it. Some people would love that your plugin has a custom UI. Others will like that Carb0's plugin maintains the menus and feel of whatever skin is their choosing. Personally, I like the custom UI, but I would like to see one plugin with both options... maybe an option in settings to toggle your custom UI and native XBMC menus.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - juggie - 2014-10-16

(2014-10-16, 03:50)canucks Wrote: are there anyone interested in my version of the addon? see here for screenshot http://imgur.com/a/KCEsl

features:
* live games
* live score updates

Hopefully Carb0 gets this up on github soon and then we will be able to do this much more efficiently.

EDIT: Canucks, any idea if it is possible to do a smaller video window with skin around it, eg for showing score, plays, etc? Or to show multiple feeds at once?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - _Ac_ - 2014-10-16

On what does it depend when a game is available for replay after it has finished?
Is it something within the addon? Or is it on gamecenter's side?

I remember last season where it was completely random between like 2 hours and a day until i could watch
it with the addon.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2014-10-16

It's on gamecenter's side. Archived games, condensed games and game highlights all depend on http://nhl.com/vault/. Latest games depend on something else and I'm not sure when a game shows up and when not. I added it as an interim solution because NHL Vault wasn't updated.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - comfox1 - 2014-10-16

(2014-10-15, 21:15)hitman19 Wrote:
(2014-10-15, 19:41)Simonizer Wrote: This add-on is indeed fantastic.

Where did you see that?

It came in an email from Rogers yesterday, at least to me it did. Unfortunately I already bought a full subscription Sad