Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - cherry1man - 2014-10-16

hello everyone. i am new here and to xbmc. I'd like to know if the gamecenter login account need to be a paid one? i.e do i hjave to purchase the subscription in order to be able to acces this addon from within xbmc?

thanks for your responses

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - bobb0 - 2014-10-16

Yes.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - cherry1man - 2014-10-16

Excellent. thanks for the quick reply

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - ellisd - 2014-10-16

(2014-10-15, 06:14)TB123 Wrote:
(2014-10-14, 05:31)TB123 Wrote: I'm also trying to mod this Addon to play those French feeds. I'm learning python & XBMC while coding this mod.

You could backup then copy/replace the following 2 files over the carb0s version 7.0.1 to try my mod.

1) copy default.py to XMBC/addons/plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter

2) copy strings.xml to XMBC/addons/plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter/resources/language/English

To reverse back to the original version, just copy back the 2 files you backup.

This mod support French feeds as well as option to show scores. Some of the way I getting data from NHL is different from the original version. It might work or not work compare to the original version.

To Carb0, it would be great if you could see my mod and support French feeds in your version. Thanks.

Fixed the Live game session cookie expired problem. Basically, when the session is expired, GCL will return HTTP 401 and the add on has to try login again.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=19519742031520969080

Has anyone tried this fix? I haven't looked through the code too much but the difference in the python file is significantly different than carb0's

Edit: Nvm, this is specific to the French work he had done. Does anyone have an actual fix for the 401 unauthorized error? I don't want to have to go back to default login then reenter each day.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - eracknaphobia - 2014-10-16

Well until there's an official update you'll just have to wait. I found a quicker way to reset the login cookie is to add an "a" to your username and try to login. It should fail, then simply remove the "a" and you should be all set. It's a lot quicker than retyping everything each time.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Carb0 - 2014-10-16

You can replace lines 53 to 56 of userinterface.py
Code:
try:
       open(os.path.join(ADDON_PATH_PROFILE, 'cookies.lwp'))
    except IOError:
       login()

with

Code:
login()

This forces the add-on to login on everytime you start it. It doesn't really fix the actual problem but this way you won't have to reenter your login credentials each time. Make sure that login() has the same indentation as the try and except or it won't work.

[RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - HocEman - 2014-10-16

(2014-10-16, 19:12)eracknaphobia Wrote: Well until there's an official update you'll just have to wait. I found a quicker way to reset the login cookie is to add an "a" to your username and try to login. It should fail, then simply remove the "a" and you should be all set. It's a lot quicker than retyping everything each time.

I agree that it is tied to the username. Last night I kept getting "Check your credentials" error. I tried to reset add-on to default to remove credentials, tried reboot, even uninstalled and reinstalled the addon. The only thing that fixed it was re-entering my username with a leading capitol letter. Usually username is not case sensitive, and that had been true with this addon in the past.

After reading this post, it sounds like the change in the username forced the login cookie to reset.

Thanks for everyone's hard work on this!!

(2014-10-16, 19:21)Carb0 Wrote: You can replace lines 53 to 56 of userinterface.py
Code:
try:
       open(os.path.join(ADDON_PATH_PROFILE, 'cookies.lwp'))
    except IOError:
       login()

with

Code:
login()

This forces the add-on to login on everytime you start it. It doesn't really fix the actual problem but this way you won't have to reenter your login credentials each time. Make sure that login() has the same indentation as the try and except or it won't work.

Perfect, I was looking at the code and that seemed to make the most sense but I didnt know which methods got invoked when the addon was started. Thanks for the quick reply!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Simonizer - 2014-10-16

Here's the info on the Rogers Game Center full season promo:

Rogers customers with the following services can now get a free subscription to Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™, with GamePlus™ of course, until the end of the season, including playoffs:

Wireless:
In-market Share Everything Plan
OR
Internet (Ontario):
Hybrid Fibre 60 or above
Grandfathered Extreme Internet or above
Internet (Atlantic):
Hybrid Fibre 50 or above
Grandfathered Extreme Internet or above

Edit: Disregard, didnt check out advanced audio options in XBMC

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - hitman19 - 2014-10-17

Is anyone else getting a script error tonight, even after doing the credential trick? I hear other devices are having trouble with GCL tonight, so I wonder if the servers themselves are having an issue.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - [brick] - 2014-10-17

(2014-10-17, 01:17)hitman19 Wrote: Is anyone else getting a script error tonight, even after doing the credential trick? I hear other devices are having trouble with GCL tonight, so I wonder if the servers themselves are having an issue.

I am watching SJ v NYI no problems. But based on last night's experience, I suspect some stream paths don't get populated until slightly after start time.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - iLLNESS - 2014-10-17

(2014-10-17, 01:17)hitman19 Wrote: Is anyone else getting a script error tonight, even after doing the credential trick? I hear other devices are having trouble with GCL tonight, so I wonder if the servers themselves are having an issue.

i get script errors on my firetv for EVERYTHING now. was working as of the last leaf game.

I tried changing the login and after it failed to login, it now won't even let me open the all without a script error. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and it still fails.

She broked!!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - MetalChris - 2014-10-17

After modifying the userinterface.py file, I got a script error once, but no problems since then.

Thanks for the mod tip Carb0!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - johnblaze00 - 2014-10-17

just want to say thanks for the updates. working pretty well. sometimes i get errors but exiting out of the app and going back in usually fixes.

only wish is for french feed support (officially)