Kodi Community Forum
[Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Discontinued] NHL Gamecenter Addon (/showthread.php?tid=118853)

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - ellisd - 2014-10-20

(2014-10-20, 18:01)nashtndeac06 Wrote: So after all of this, what is the addon i should download to watch NHL games?

Also, im not a programer, so if i am on a rasp pi how do i edit the addon code when there are problems/fixes?

I was having the "Check your login credentials" problem on Carbos.

thanks

You can use either version. I run on a RPI as well. All addons get installed into ~/.xbmc/addons so it would be in there.

As for your issue, are you using rogers or no? Which version of carb0 are you using? Latest?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - nashtndeac06 - 2014-10-20

(2014-10-20, 18:37)ellisd Wrote:
(2014-10-20, 18:01)nashtndeac06 Wrote: So after all of this, what is the addon i should download to watch NHL games?

Also, im not a programer, so if i am on a rasp pi how do i edit the addon code when there are problems/fixes?

thanks

You can use either version. I run on a RPI as well. All addons get installed into ~/.xbmc/addons so it would be in there.

As for your issue, are you using rogers or no? Which version of carb0 are you using? Latest?

Ok, ill look at that when i get home. Im running the latest version of carb0, and no Rogers, im not in Canada.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - ellisd - 2014-10-20

(2014-10-18, 03:05)HocEman Wrote:
(2014-10-16, 19:21)Carb0 Wrote: You can replace lines 53 to 56 of userinterface.py
Code:
try:
       open(os.path.join(ADDON_PATH_PROFILE, 'cookies.lwp'))
    except IOError:
       login()

with

Code:
login()

This forces the add-on to login on everytime you start it. It doesn't really fix the actual problem but this way you won't have to reenter your login credentials each time. Make sure that login() has the same indentation as the try and except or it won't work.

This tweak seems to have worked for me, have not had issues for 2 nights now.

Thanks Carb0!!

(2014-10-20, 21:00)nashtndeac06 Wrote:
(2014-10-20, 18:37)ellisd Wrote:

thanks

Ok, ill look at that when i get home. Im running the latest version of carb0, and no Rogers, im not in Canada.

I've incorporated Carb0's suggestion from above as it helped me and a few others. Here is the new ZIP (Sorry it's not as easy as installing from ZIP for the addon yet).

https://github.com/dannyellis/xbmc-nhl-gamecenter/archive/v0.7.2.1.zip

Just download this and extra to your .xbmc/addon folder.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - Brenda.Barton - 2014-10-21

Can you send me the repository please

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - kramer987 - 2014-10-21

the installable zip worked liked a charm. just overwrite the old installation of 0.7.1 and it preserves your login and pass too. the interface isn't as detailed bit the only important links are there.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - aas88keyz - 2014-10-22

Will we continue using this thread for NHL Gamecenter addon? If not, can someone recommend the right forum or thread? I am liking what we have so far. Watching NY vs NJ right now with Carb0's last version and am enjoying it. But if there are improvements being made this big fan wishes to be updated on it. Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - nashtndeac06 - 2014-10-22

Is there a way to get this add-on thru xbmc/kodi without having to install it thru ssh or some other mannerHuh My programing skills are horrible and i can't seem to connect to my rasp pi thru ssh using filezilla or cyberduck. I've only ever added add-ons thru repositories straight on the RPI.

thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - h0ckeyfan - 2014-10-22

Hey all.

New to XMBC and this app. Was trying this because my PS3 was lagging/chopping/freezing. Watch the EDM vs TB game last night without issue. Flawless. Tried to watch hockey tonight and got some script errors. Updated to 7.2.1 and was able to login. Trying to watch the Leafs vs Isles tonight and it's freezing. Anyone else? Just need to figure out if the problem is me somehow, the feeds, or maybe the new version? Yesterday, when there was a problem it would stop and buffer. Today, it's just booting me out.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - BigPappaSmurf - 2014-10-22

(2014-10-22, 02:06)h0ckeyfan Wrote: Hey all.

New to XMBC and this app. Was trying this because my PS3 was lagging/chopping/freezing. Watch the EDM vs TB game last night without issue. Flawless. Tried to watch hockey tonight and got some script errors. Updated to 7.2.1 and was able to login. Trying to watch the Leafs vs Isles tonight and it's freezing. Anyone else? Just need to figure out if the problem is me somehow, the feeds, or maybe the new version? Yesterday, when there was a problem it would stop and buffer. Today, it's just booting me out.

I am watching games tonight and consistently getting booted after about 3 minutes of watching. I'm using Carb0s newest app. I'm not complaining, just letting anyone working on this app know of any problems. Still great quality!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - jayace - 2014-10-22

I'm still on 7.1 and Jets Hurricanes game is working fine. Had to change my login name to a wrong one and back but other than that it's fine.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - MetalChris - 2014-10-22

(2014-10-21, 02:55)Brenda.Barton Wrote: Can you send me the repository please

Unfortunately, the repository has been closed. You can download the .zip from the post above yours and extract it to your xbmc/addons/ directory.

(2014-10-22, 03:07)BigPappaSmurf Wrote:

I am watching games tonight and consistently getting booted after about 3 minutes of watching. I'm using Carb0s newest app. I'm not complaining, just letting anyone working on this app know of any problems. Still great quality!

I'm watching Rangers @ Devils - no problems at all. Are you running Gotham? Getting booted after a couple of minutes was a problem with the addon running under Frodo.

Edit - it just buffered for about a second now that OT has started, but that's the first time tonight.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - BigPappaSmurf - 2014-10-22

(2014-10-22, 03:38)MetalChris Wrote:
(2014-10-21, 02:55)Brenda.Barton Wrote: Can you send me the repository please

Unfortunately, the repository has been closed. You can download the .zip from the post above yours and extract it to your xbmc/addons/ directory.

(2014-10-22, 03:07)BigPappaSmurf Wrote:

I'm watching Rangers @ Devils - no problems at all. Are you running Gotham? Getting booted after a couple of minutes was a problem with the addon running under Frodo.

Edit - it just buffered for about a second now that OT has started, but that's the first time tonight.

I am running Gotham on a Boxee Box (Linux). Ever since the 3rd period started in the red wings game I've had no problems. I'm glad it's working again!

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - nashtndeac06 - 2014-10-22

MetalChris - how exactly do i get the zip file into the .xbmc/addons directory? Using samba i was able to get the unzip file into the .xbmc/userdata/add_on folder. But i don't know how to get the file into the right directory apparently. Running Openelec on RPI and using samba thru a mac.

thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - bobb0 - 2014-10-22

Why can't you just download the zip, go to settings, addons, install from zip and locate the zip file?

RE: [RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Addon - ellisd - 2014-10-22

(2014-10-22, 13:46)bobb0 Wrote: Why can't you just download the zip, go to settings, addons, install from zip and locate the zip file?

Because I'm not 100% sure how to set that up yet with Github. I think I may have to rearrange the repo a bit and add a few things. If anyone wants to help, they are more than welcome to work on the git repo and do a pull request with your changes. This is why I moved it to github, so that everyone can help out.

If I get some time this weekend I'll do my best to get a zip that is installable through the interface but first time working with addons on XBMC (I have python knowledge).