Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand (/showthread.php?tid=119550)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand - LeaUK - 2012-04-08

Hi Stokie

I also applied the same change to Demand 5 ;-)

Happy Easter for us all Smile

Castalla - strange yours fails...

cache folder here: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\XBMC\cache

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand - castalla - 2012-04-08

I'm not convinced - try playing the latest 10 O'clock Live ....

The cache folder you state is for xp only - in fact I've found 3 separate cache folders! Something is badly screwed on my system - I'm going to delete 4OD and do a clean install.

Done reinstall after deleting every ref to 4OD - replaced default.py - still script error.

I would rename all XBMC folders:

program files > XBMC

Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\XBMC

Reinstall XBMC

Reinstall Nibor's 4OD plugin

Change default.py in c:\Documents and Settings\HTPC1\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.4od

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand - castalla - 2012-04-08

Uninstalled and deleted all refs to XBMC. Reinstalled - used 4OD 1.0.1 - edited default.py.

Still won't play almostv any files - seems almost random what it plays.

This is driving me nuts!

Got it working.

There are two addon-data folders - one directly under XBMC which contains only 4OD. The other is in userdata which contains 4OD and iPlayer.

I deleted the one under XBMC - it gets recreated when I run 4OD but the second time I get the program listings and they play.

Still not right - but working at the moment.

As far as I'm aware, XBMC creates only two home folders, one in Program Files\XBMC, the other in Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\XBMC. Humour us and rename them both, then re-install.

Good detective work though, you're getting there!

But there's no docs and settings in win7!

It's Users\username\App Data\Roaming\XBMC

Everything seems to be working .... but I don't think there should be 2 separate addon_data folders

Ok, so allowances for those on Win7 ;-)

If you rename Users\username\App Data\Roaming\XBMC and Program Files\XBMC then XBMC will install as fresh..

My XP does NOT have addon-data folder beneath Program Files\XBMC it does have Program Files\XBMC\addons folder, however 4OD and Demand 5 are NOT within. They are only under Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\XBMC\addon_data. Just for info.

I deleted all refs to XBMC before re-installing. So, effectively all the dirs must have been recreated by new install.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand - anchors - 2012-04-08

Just edited the default.py on my laptop and confirmed all working OK, played 4 or 5 files no problem. Installed same version and copied same default.py across to ATV2 and again same issues - states loading and then stops after 3 seconds, sometimes displaying script error.

So, all is well on PC's but not ATV2. We are fresh out of luck until a mad scientist can get to work on fixes !

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand - anchors - 2012-04-09

Just thought i'd give it one last go and all is working ! Not sure what i did, if anything, but all good...wife will be pleased, more location, location !!

I'm having same probs with the ITV Player, starts to load, then nothing happens. Anyway, onwards and upwards.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand - lusephur - 2012-04-13

4od has changed it's 4odplayer swf from 40dplayer-11.21.2.swf to 4odplayer-11.23.4.swf
not sure if the "--flashVer", '"WIN 11,0,1,152"', entry on line 257 needs to be updated too, haven't looked at tv in a while, not sure what the changes to the site have been

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand - castalla - 2012-04-13

(2012-04-13, 19:17)lusephur Wrote: 4od has changed it's 4odplayer swf from 40dplayer-11.21.2.swf to 4odplayer-11.23.4.swf
not sure if the "--flashVer", '"WIN 11,0,1,152"', entry on line 257 needs to be updated too, haven't looked at tv in a while, not sure what the changes to the site have been

maybe that's the issue - but we need an 'expert' to give us the exact edits or a new default.py !!!

I have no idea what the flashVer entry should be.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand - lusephur - 2012-04-13

neither do I, tried lookig about the web for a hint even, but I'm at a loss. Is there a standard sequence to match the swf version number, or is it a case of capturing and decompiling the swf format.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand - njtaylor - 2012-04-13

(2012-04-13, 20:17)castalla Wrote:
(2012-04-13, 19:17)lusephur Wrote: 4od has changed it's 4odplayer swf from 40dplayer-11.21.2.swf to 4odplayer-11.23.4.swf

maybe that's the issue - but we need an 'expert' to give us the exact edits or a new default.py !!!

I have no idea what the flashVer entry should be.

Have the same problem with get_flash_videos, just updating that as 1st priority, that automatically switched to the newer swf file, but still fails. The returned xml contains a different StreamURL format from before, and least it does for some programmes, it maybe only certain programmes that are being changed or other just haven't been changed yet. This is not going to be such a simple change as just the swf version string. The flashVer in just the flash player version, and pretends to be a Window version.