Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand (/showthread.php?tid=119550)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

- Duquesa - 2012-02-07

nickzeff Wrote:Apologies - I fiddled around with my router and got this working. This was indeed a geolock issue.

Im having the same issue and using unblock-us via my router what did you adjust to fix it ?

- Edwardw - 2012-02-08

Im also getting the stopping after 2 mins or so...
that default.py seemed to fix it..
Thanks!

4od atv 2 - deniadaz - 2012-02-08

Hi I am running ATV2 XBMC Eden beta v2, and have noticed my 4OD plugin has suddenly stopped working, I have the latest build, 1.0.1, and have also changed the .py numbers as previously mentioned in this post, I use unblock-us without any issues with the bbc iplayer and itv player, but for some reason the 4OD has stopped, and is returning script errors, or says working, then stops.

Please help! perhaps the original repository owner, who wrote 1.0.1 may be able to spread some light on this issue.

its worthwhile noting I also use XBMC on my MBP, and use a VPN on there, not unblock-us, also returning the exact same error messages whilst others continue to function normally.....

Any ideas ?

- Jusgorilla - 2012-02-10

Duquesa Wrote:Im having the same issue and using unblock-us via my router what did you adjust to fix it ?

Me too, using unblock-us from the mac side. Is using the router method yielding better results? if so, what did you tamper with?

nickzeff Wrote:Apologies - I fiddled around with my router and got this working. This was indeed a geolock issue.

Hi nickzeff

What settings did you end up with on the router to get 4od working again? iPlayer,iTV and Hulu all work fine, but not 4od. Im also using unblock-us, but I connect through my mac using the dns, not the router. Is the router a better method to circumvent geo-blocking?
I've edited the .py swf player version method but its still not streaming 4od, so I'm hoping its just a tinker with the router to get unblock-us functioning correctly.

lopqafezqww05 Wrote:Hi mate. Out of interest how did you delete the cache ? Which directory does it reside in ?

ThanksImage
On mac its: user/application support/xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.4od/

Help - dawson123 - 2012-02-11

boombox Wrote:Brilliant - this works on ATV2 and 11.0 beta2! Big Grin

I SSH'd into the ATV2 and took a copy of the file /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.4od/default.py

Made a copy of this on my pc for a backup, then edited the original file on my pc by opening it in notepad and doing a find replace for 11.8.5 to 11.21.2 then copied it back to the ATV2. Now videos are playing fine!

could you please explain how you did this ?

help - dawson123 - 2012-02-11

micksmoo2 Wrote:Funnily enough - this now works on ATV2. The only thing I did was install ATV Flash 1.2 and that's it. I didn't install any of the apps through it. The programmes I tried before that bombed out after a minute I have now played in full.

Strange.

If you're stuck - give it a go - don't know why it works now, but it does.

Thanks for all the help.

is this solution still working as mine has not changed since installing atv flash, still kicking me on to menu after a minuite or so !!!!! please help

- bladeds - 2012-02-12

Eden beta 3 fixes the problem

ATV2 / 4oD / unblock-us - nickzeff - 2012-02-12

Duquesa Wrote:Im having the same issue and using unblock-us via my router what did you adjust to fix it ?

OK. This is a bit wierd.

It stopped working again, continuing to give me the Connection Refused error in the logs when I tried to watch the Daily Show.

Out of curiosity I went to the channel 4 website on my laptop and played a bit of a programme from 4oD. That worked fine.

When I went back to the ATV2 and tried playing the Daily Show. This time it worked.

I have no idea why this works, but it's a bit inconvenient to have to go to the website on a PC first, before playing something through the TV...

- jdbrookes - 2012-02-12

Thanks so much for this plugin!

Working great on eden beta 3 (openelec) but only if I change the line from 11.8.5 to 11.21.2, otherwise all video cuts out after 2 or so minutes. I've been watching Adam and Joe now for about half the afternoon so I know it's working fine.

Also delighted to find that 4od works over here in Ireland without having to mess with any proxies or VPNs or anything. Marvellous!

changes - Slatri - 2012-02-12

Could someone please post the default.py I can't get it working.Thanks

Both 4oD and Demand 5 not working - vijayk416 - 2012-02-13

Getting a script error on both and tried applying the SWF version changes proposed earlier in this thread without any success.

- dawson123 - 2012-02-13

sorted with default py change

- vijayk416 - 2012-02-14

Will this plugin work outside the UK? If not, could there please be some consideration made in adding proxy server fields to the settings a la BBC iPlayer?