Kodi Community Forum
New Zotac Boxes (ID81, ID80 and AD04) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: New Zotac Boxes (ID81, ID80 and AD04) (/showthread.php?tid=119560)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

New Zotac Boxes (ID81, ID80 and AD04) - Drabbies - 2012-01-11

These boxes just were released during CES. Which groups would you place these boxes in?

Im still looking to get one for me and i knew my patiences would pay off:

ZOTAC® ZBOX ID81 series
-Intel® Celeron® Processor 857 (1.2 GHz, dual-core) (SandyBridge)
-Intel® HD Graphics
-HDMI & DVI outputs
-2 x DDR3-1333 SO-DIMM slots (up to 16GB)
-Support 1 x 2.5-inch SATA HDD/SSD (SATA 6.0 Gb/s)

ZOTAC® ZBOX ID80 series
-Intel® Atom™ D2700 (2.13 GHz, dual-core) (CedarTrail)
-NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 520M
-HDMI & DVI outputs
-2 x DDR3-1066 SO-DIMM slots (up to 4GB)
-Support 1 x 2.5-inch SATA HDD/SSD (SATA 3.0 Gb/s)

ZOTAC® ZBOX AD04 series
-AMD E-450 APU platform (1.65 GHz, dual-core)
-AMD Radeon HD 6320 GPU w/ TurboCore technology
-HDMI & DisplayPort outputs
-2 x DDR3-1333 SO-DIMM slots (up to 8GB)
-Support 1 x 2.5-inch SATA HDD/SSD (SATA 6.0 Gb/s)

What do you guys think?

- MidnightWatcher - 2012-01-11

Meh. Why couldn't they marry the Celeron 857 with an nVidia GPU?

- Drabbies - 2012-01-11

Will any of these be a "Group 7" level box or maybe even a "Group 6"?

I really need to get one for my living room since my revo does not seem to want to handle the HD content i am pushing to it.

Thanks

- JoeSzymkowicz - 2012-01-11

I am very interested in the AD04. I wish they would officially announce pricing and availability already. I read on an Indian site that the AD04 non-plus would be around $325; not terrible. Please Zotac just take my money.

- m33e - 2012-01-11

i am considering buying one of those boxes when they come out. however im still not sure yet which way to go. basically i want to:

-flawlessly playback up to 1080p mkv content (via NAS)
-watch live streams via browser (HD flash video)

im aiming for XBMCbuntu (&want to avoid win). besides playback performance, i also would like xbmc to very smooth regarding its UI.

so if ID80/81/A04 are the options, what fits my needs best?

- eskro - 2012-01-11

well, nothing super here in my opinion....

the ZOTAC® ZBOX ID80 and ZOTAC® ZBOX AD04 "should" both at least be GROUP#6 machines...

if any of those 2 have HDMI 1.4, then, their GROUP#7 too...

but the ZOTAC® ZBOX ID81 with INTEL graphix, i dunno....
like MidnightWatcher said, Why couldn't they marry the Celeron 857 with an nVidia GPU?

- dascmo - 2012-01-11

I agree with midnightwatcher should have been an nvidia GPU.

Does anyone have experience with the ID70. Kind of pricey but a pretty nice setup. I'd like to know how well xbmc live handles the hardware. It reminds me of the Asrock Vision 3D line

- eskro - 2012-01-11

ID70, man, price is uncalled for...

- dascmo - 2012-01-13

It sure is pretty though. The specs are perfect.

- aptalca - 2012-01-14

MidnightWatcher Wrote:Meh. Why couldn't they marry the Celeron 857 with an nVidia GPU?

+1

That would be a great replacement/upgrade for the nd22 that was recently discontinued.

- Maverick0984 - 2012-01-16

I'm newly in the market for a HTPC and have been looking at the Zbox's. I've only ever built my own from scratch and they've been much larger but work flawlessly. I've never had to rely on the video card doing any of the legwork, CPUs I've used have always been enough.

Pairing one with a small SSD and 2GB of RAM seems optimal, but flawless 1080p is an absolute requirement. Most of my media is standard mkv's. For it to run well on low end machines like these, does my media need DXVA? Will XBMC Live or something similar be smart enough to use and decode with the graphics card any media? Regardless of codecs?

Also, I'm unfamiliar with the terms "Group #6" and "Group #7" used in this thread. I'm assuming they are some classification or designation given to machines with HTPC ambitions. Anyone point me in the right direction?

- skippy - 2012-01-16

Maverick0984 Wrote:Also, I'm unfamiliar with the terms "Group #6" and "Group #7" used in this thread. I'm assuming they are some classification or designation given to machines with HTPC ambitions. Anyone point me in the right direction?

See this classification of the groups :http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=843683#post843683

- selleri - 2012-01-16

Check this post for the group terms used.

- sparky0 - 2012-01-16

Maverick0984 Wrote:Also, I'm unfamiliar with the terms "Group #6" and "Group #7" used in this thread. I'm assuming they are some classification or designation given to machines with HTPC ambitions. Anyone point me in the right direction?

Go to the sticky Default Your Very First HTPC? But Where do You Start?

Look for "To find out in which Group you belong, click --> Here!"

- Maverick0984 - 2012-01-17

Thanks for the help, not sure I needed it 3 times, but thanks anyway Wink

I imagine I would need to take advantage of some sort of video hardware acceleration with any and all of these models? FFDshow or something? I've never built an HTPC with a low-end CPU and have never had to worry about the GPU side, other than to push the audio over a common HDMI feed.