Kodi Community Forum
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) (/showthread.php?tid=119865)

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - DarkApathy - 2012-10-22

(2012-10-22, 18:16)PowerLion1 Wrote: I had the A/V sync issues too. I just lowered the bit rate and it worked fine for me. Hopefully that will solve the problem for you too.

just curious, what is your setting in terms of bit rate and resolution? btw, thanks for all your help!

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - PowerLion1 - 2012-10-22

The best I was able to use was 720p at 2000 kbps. Sometimes that even stutters after a while. Although 720p at 1000 kpbs seems to work fine.

I just wish there was a linux pvr module for this so that we could use the live tv features on linux.

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - DarkApathy - 2012-10-23

(2012-10-22, 22:13)PowerLion1 Wrote: The best I was able to use was 720p at 2000 kbps. Sometimes that even stutters after a while. Although 720p at 1000 kpbs seems to work fine.

I just wish there was a linux pvr module for this so that we could use the live tv features on linux.

how did you get 1000 kpbs? i don't seem to have that option. can i just adjust the "settings" xml file in script.cetontv --> resources or is there somewhere else i need to adjust?

nevermind doesn't really matter....even at 576 and 1250kpbs, i still have a/v sync issues...hmmm

remoteceton return wrong guide - jwachter - 2012-10-28

Greetings,

I currently have wmc running with the ceton tv4 and it runs perfectly. I have installed [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC per the instructions. I can play tv using the program plugin directly and it works fine. It calls the remoteceton and the tv starts fine. However i try to use the guide by use http://localhost:8558/m/ and it does a call to remoteceton and returns the incorrect guide data. I am using mc2xml.exe to create the tv guide data. It seems to run correctly and i have a file called epgdata.db created at 4 a.m.

I can seen you any data to help me debug my problem. I really like using xbmc and want to dump wmc.

Thank you,

John W.
Greetings,

Sorry the url is http://localhost:8555/m/ not 85558. I mistyped the number

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - DarkApathy - 2012-11-10

(2012-10-23, 01:11)DarkApathy Wrote:
(2012-10-22, 22:13)PowerLion1 Wrote: The best I was able to use was 720p at 2000 kbps. Sometimes that even stutters after a while. Although 720p at 1000 kpbs seems to work fine.

how did you get 1000 kpbs? i don't seem to have that option. can i just adjust the "settings" xml file in script.cetontv --> resources or is there somewhere else i need to adjust?

nevermind doesn't really matter....even at 576 and 1250kpbs, i still have a/v sync issues...hmmm

borrowed my friend's xbox 360 and it works fine without lag. wonder what's up with my set up...

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - PowerLion1 - 2012-11-11

I have an iPhone 5 and am having problems getting the webapp to display in 16:9 mode. I found out that you need to forget about the viewport with "width=device-width" or "width=320".

You should have one of the two following codes for it to display correctly.

Code:
<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0">

or

<meta name="viewport" content="width=320.1">

I tried to add both of those, but neither one worked. Is there something I am missing?[/code][/quote]

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - LehighBri - 2012-11-19

mcheng - it's been some time since I followed this thread but I use and love the script.cetontv program addon all the time. Now that Frodo is in Beta, I'd love to tryout the PVR support/addon that you built. Will that work in the Frodo beta? If so, are there instructions on how to set it up to work beyond copying the pvr.ceton to the addons dir?

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - CoBrA2168 - 2012-11-28

Can someone tell me if this would work on a Raspberry Pi? Just ordered my Ceton InfiniTV and should have it up and running by Christmas!

Thanks guys.

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - LehighBri - 2012-11-28

(2012-11-28, 04:55)CoBrA2168 Wrote: Can someone tell me if this would work on a Raspberry Pi? Just ordered my Ceton InfiniTV and should have it up and running by Christmas!

Thanks guys.

Yep, works great on my rpi.

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - CoBrA2168 - 2012-11-28

(2012-11-28, 05:02)LehighBri Wrote:
(2012-11-28, 04:55)CoBrA2168 Wrote: Can someone tell me if this would work on a Raspberry Pi? Just ordered my Ceton InfiniTV and should have it up and running by Christmas!

Thanks guys.

Awesome!! Mind if I pick your brain?

I just ordered the InfiniTV with hopes of hooking it up to a Windows machine that sits next to my router. My plan was to pick up extenders to put throughout the house to access a central storage of movies, recordings, music, etc.

At first I was going to go down the Xbox360 / Ceton Echo route (sticking with Windows) but I thought, why not take advantage of the cheap price of the RPi's? Yes, I know that only Windows Media Center can do Copy-once recordings, so I have yet to test that out with my service...

Does my setup sound feasible or similar to yours? Also can you make and view recordings with this software? Or can I use some other PVR service on Raspbmc to do that?

Thanks everyone for your work and help!

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - LehighBri - 2012-11-28

(2012-11-28, 05:20)CoBrA2168 Wrote:
(2012-11-28, 05:02)LehighBri Wrote:

Thanks guys.

I just ordered the InfiniTV with hopes of hooking it up to a Windows machine that sits next to my router. My plan was to pick up extenders to put throughout the house to access a central storage of movies, recordings, music, etc.

At first I was going to go down the Xbox360 / Ceton Echo route (sticking with Windows) but I thought, why not take advantage of the cheap price of the RPi's? Yes, I know that only Windows Media Center can do Copy-once recordings, so I have yet to test that out with my service...

Does my setup sound feasible or similar to yours? Also can you make and view recordings with this software? Or can I use some other PVR service on Raspbmc to do that?

I use SageTV with my Ceton (using the SageTV SageDCT plugin to enable the Ceton tuner). I also helped develop the SageTV addon for XBMC which allows you to access and play your sagetv recordings, manage the recordings, etc within XBMC. I then have a couple rpi's throughout that all use that addon. I haven't looked into any other PVR services as sagetv works well for me.

But given that Sagetv is now defunct since google bought them, I would love to look at other PVR options. I just haven't found an answer that is windows-based and supports ceton and can be easily accessed through XBMC.

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - CoBrA2168 - 2012-11-29

(2012-11-28, 14:56)LehighBri Wrote:
(2012-11-28, 05:20)CoBrA2168 Wrote:
(2012-11-28, 05:02)LehighBri Wrote: Yep, works great on my rpi.

I use SageTV with my Ceton (using the SageTV SageDCT plugin to enable the Ceton tuner). I also helped develop the SageTV addon for XBMC which allows you to access and play your sagetv recordings, manage the recordings, etc within XBMC. I then have a couple rpi's throughout that all use that addon. I haven't looked into any other PVR services as sagetv works well for me.

But given that Sagetv is now defunct since google bought them, I would love to look at other PVR options. I just haven't found an answer that is windows-based and supports ceton and can be easily accessed through XBMC.

So something like NextPVR or MediaSource (both on Windows) could likely give me similar results since they also have XBMC plugins?

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - LehighBri - 2012-11-29

(2012-11-29, 01:43)CoBrA2168 Wrote:
(2012-11-28, 14:56)LehighBri Wrote:
(2012-11-28, 05:20)CoBrA2168 Wrote: Awesome!! Mind if I pick your brain?

So something like NextPVR or MediaSource (both on Windows) could likely give me similar results since they also have XBMC plugins?

Do they support the Ceton tuner? That's the key.

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - mmoore5553 - 2012-12-06

Is there anyway someone can post how they like this and also maybe a youtube video on how to install this with the computer and also on raspberry pi ?

RE: [dev] CetonTV - Watch TV on XBMC - mmoore5553 - 2012-12-06

I am willing to paypal someone to set this up for me while i watch them. Please send me a pm. I am confused on where to start .