Kodi Community Forum
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) (/showthread.php?tid=119865)

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - rtwolfe - 2013-04-15

Ok really dumb question. I ran through all 100+ pages and could not find the answer. I can watch live TV via my Ceton, when I run tvserver under XBMC programs. However, I 'thought' I would also be able to add on the pvr-tvserver.zip file manually. Then use it connect with the XBMC client and turn on XBMCs TV function under Frodo. And I understand there is no DVR function now, just viewing.

But when I try to manually add pvr-tvserver.zip. XBMC says the zip file is not of the right 'structure'?

All help / advice appreciated.

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - dbqbbq - 2013-04-15

(2013-04-15, 07:09)rtwolfe Wrote: Ok really dumb question. I ran through all 100+ pages and could not find the answer. I can watch live TV via my Ceton, when I run tvserver under XBMC programs. However, I 'thought' I would also be able to add on the pvr-tvserver.zip file manually. Then use it connect with the XBMC client and turn on XBMCs TV function under Frodo. And I understand there is no DVR function now, just viewing.
You're right that the pvr-tvserver allows you to use the Live TV functionality of Frodo without DVR functionality.
(2013-04-15, 07:09)rtwolfe Wrote: But when I try to manually add pvr-tvserver.zip. XBMC says the zip file is not of the right 'structure'?

All help / advice appreciated.
The installation process isn't quite what you did. You just need to copy the folders script.tvserver and pvr.tvserver (located in \tvserver v0.5.10b\tvserver\xbmc) to \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons (assuming Windows 7). Note this is a folder called pvr.tvserver and is included in the main 0.5.10b download, not the pvr-tvserver.zip archive (pvr-tvserver.zip is the source code for the plugin, not the compiled version you want).

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - mcheng89 - 2013-04-16

In the middle of a mac (possibly linux too) port of the server Wink (video streaming working!)
Issues:
HDHomeRun rtsp doesnt work yet (in progress)
VLC plugin has some issues (fixed)

If I have time, I might compile the pvr plugin for other OSes. I finished modifying the pvr code for osx support too.

Changes for 0.5.11:
Fixed memory leak on epg update - done
OSX support - in progress
PVR plugin auth fix - in progress
Fix flash scaling for web interface - in progress
Add stop and volume controls for web interface - in progress
Initial Enigma2 support - done
Channel groups support (for Enigma2) - done
Fix shutdown for hdhomerun http tuners - done
Cleanup/rewrite VLC stream handling - in progress

VLC 2.0.6 released! No issues found.

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - five - 2013-04-16

I have this working with 127.0.0.1 and localhost on the server, but I can't seem to get it via the home network. I have tried opening specific ports in firewall, letting both vlc and tv.exe through the firewall and also disabling the firewall completely. Nothing works. Still can't get to the 192.168.1.xx:8888/m/status address, also tried going directly to the flv, with no luck. Any other ideas?

EDIT: I realized I can get to the flv with no issues. I didn't see the two ../stream.flv, I only had one dot originally. But the other questions I still have. Can I access the /m/status from other machines or is that only locally and I am still wondering more about the XBMC integration. Right now it is only by going to select the addon, and I would like for it to be more seamless.

EDIT2: For some reason the /m/status page started working as well. So the only question I have left is below.

Also assuming everything works, can I get it to interact with XBMC live tv or EPG, this is on Frodo.

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - mcheng89 - 2013-04-17

(2013-04-16, 23:59)five Wrote: I have this working with 127.0.0.1 and localhost on the server, but I can't seem to get it via the home network. I have tried opening specific ports in firewall, letting both vlc and tv.exe through the firewall and also disabling the firewall completely. Nothing works. Still can't get to the 192.168.1.xx:8888/m/status address, also tried going directly to the flv, with no luck. Any other ideas?

EDIT: I realized I can get to the flv with no issues. I didn't see the two ../stream.flv, I only had one dot originally. But the other questions I still have. Can I access the /m/status from other machines or is that only locally and I am still wondering more about the XBMC integration. Right now it is only by going to select the addon, and I would like for it to be more seamless.

EDIT2: For some reason the /m/status page started working as well. So the only question I have left is below.

Also assuming everything works, can I get it to interact with XBMC live tv or EPG, this is on Frodo.

Does the /m/ page work for you also? If that works, then I would assume everything else would work.

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - dbqbbq - 2013-04-17

(2013-04-16, 23:59)five Wrote: Also assuming everything works, can I get it to interact with XBMC live tv or EPG, this is on Frodo.

The XBMC pvr plugin works with Frodo if that is what you're asking. Both live tv and EPG should work fine (but no timeshifting/recording capabilities).

(2013-04-17, 04:56)Erin606 Wrote: I want to record the cable feed, and set recordings a-la Comcast via EPGImageImageImageImage
Undecided Not possible with this software. What's wrong with WMC if this is all you want? You can use RemotePotato to access WMC online if that's what you're looking for. There's also the NetworkRecorder plugin for NextPVR (see http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Plugin.NetworkRecorder). I've not used it myself but it might be an option.

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - five - 2013-04-17

(2013-04-17, 02:46)mcheng89 Wrote: Does the /m/ page work for you also? If that works, then I would assume everything else would work.
Yes that is working now. Thanks!

(2013-04-17, 04:33)dbqbbq Wrote: The XBMC pvr plugin works with Frodo if that is what you're asking. Both live tv and EPG should work fine (but no timeshifting/recording capabilities).
Frodo has built in live tv and tv guide, but right now in order to select this one, I have to go to add-ons and select tv:Confusederver - can I integrate it into the live tv and tv guide? Is that what the pvr plugin is for? I had formerly tried to get a backend server running mythtv to work, but haven't had any luck.

(2013-04-17, 17:29)five Wrote:
(2013-04-17, 04:33)dbqbbq Wrote: The XBMC pvr plugin works with Frodo if that is what you're asking. Both live tv and EPG should work fine (but no timeshifting/recording capabilities).
Frodo has built in live tv and tv guide, but right now in order to select this one, I have to go to add-ons and select tv:Confusederver - can I integrate it into the live tv and tv guide? Is that what the pvr plugin is for? I had formerly tried to get a backend server running mythtv to work, but haven't had any luck.
Yes, this is what the pvr.tvserver plugin is for. Add it to the same folder where you put script.tvserver and in XBMC you will see tv:Confusederver listed as one of the pvr clients. Configure and enable this client (and enable live tv within XBMC) and you should be good to go.

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - five - 2013-04-17

(2013-04-17, 18:26)dbqbbq Wrote: Configure and enable this client (and enable live tv within XBMC) and you should be good to go.
Thank you for the info. I will try when I get home tonight.

Another question: is it possible to open the flv stream in VLC on another system:
http://pathtohome:8888/m/stream.html?url=../stream.flv?tuner=0

It's working great in a browser, but just seems it would be much easier to maintain aspect ratio in such by opening it in vlc. Is this possible?

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - rtwolfe - 2013-04-17

(2013-04-16, 23:59)five Wrote: I have this working with 127.0.0.1 and localhost on the server, but I can't seem to get it via the home network. I have tried opening specific ports in firewall, letting both vlc and tv.exe through the firewall and also disabling the firewall completely. Nothing works. Still can't get to the 192.168.1.xx:8888/m/status address, also tried going directly to the flv, with no luck. Any other ideas?

Hi five: (Hey!... were you waiting for someone to put this in a reply - Ok 'High Five' back then)
It looks like you have the multi room viewing working via an XBMC install on another PC in your home? I am struggling to get this working. I can channel surf to my heart's content on my basement server. Alll are Windows 7. I want to also get XBMC Live TV working in the upstairs family room.

I too tried turning off all the firewalls (server and family room pcs). Followed similar install process as the basement server. I can see PVR::TV server as a PVR choice on the family room PC. Assume I only want the TV server on the basement PC that has the Ceton card. When I turn on Live TV - PRV functionality in XBMC, and I get the list of PVR/Backends, I do see the PVR for the tv server. When I enable it, I get an error.

Were there any special steps you took to get your set working?

Cheers

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - rtwolfe - 2013-04-17

Question on Thumbnails - Channel Logo pngs.

I wanted to add Channel logos to the XBMC Live TV EPG. I'd updated WMC EPG with channel logos a couple years ago, so had a folder with all the png files I needed. I didn't think there was a scraper for channel logo thumbs, so I used the right click on the channel and manually browsed to each logo file. It looked great when I was done, but when I rebooted XBMC, they are all gone (but one??).

Is this a skin issue? Or am I doing this the hard way? Have scanned forum for hints but maybe I am missing something. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I met the enemy, and it was ME! It struck me that I had ONE logo that worked. Checked the file name of the png. Sure enough, fxhd.png matched the channel name of fxhd in my channelmap.csv file. I started renaming my logo png files so they matched the name in channelmap.csv, closed and reopened XMBC, clicked on Live-TV and boom, the new logos appeared.

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - five - 2013-04-18

(2013-04-17, 22:06)rtwolfe Wrote: It looks like you have the multi room viewing working via an XBMC install on another PC in your home? I am struggling to get this working. I can channel surf to my heart's content on my basement server. Alll are Windows 7. I want to also get XBMC Live TV working in the upstairs family room.
I haven't tried multi-room yet, only have it working on the server so far. From other machines / phones, I am just starting the flv or hls stream from the browser and opening on the other device. I used it from work today and it worked well. Still have xbmc work to do. I know thus far recording is not supported, but are there any plans to do that or is nextpvr where it's at to go that route?

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - mcheng89 - 2013-04-18

@rtwolfe: I'm working on some changes to get channel logos using the My Channel Logos app Smile

@dbqbbq: I can confirm that those changes worked! Smile

Changes for 0.5.11:
Fixed memory leak on epg update - done
Fixed unclosed handles on vlc plugin - done
PVR plugin auth fix - done
Initial Enigma2 support - done
Channel groups support (for Enigma2) - done
Fix shutdown for hdhomerun http tuners - done
OSX support - done
Minor improvements to vlc startup - done
Fix flash scaling for web interface - in progress
Add stop and volume controls for web interface - in progress

RE: [dev] CetonTV(+HDHomeRun) - Watch TV on XBMC - dbqbbq - 2013-04-18

(2013-04-17, 20:24)five Wrote:
(2013-04-17, 18:26)dbqbbq Wrote: Configure and enable this client (and enable live tv within XBMC) and you should be good to go.
Thank you for the info. I will try when I get home tonight.

Another question: is it possible to open the flv stream in VLC on another system:
http://pathtohome:8888/m/stream.html?url=../stream.flv?tuner=0

It's working great in a browser, but just seems it would be much easier to maintain aspect ratio in such by opening it in vlc. Is this possible?

Yes you can open the stream in VLC directly. Path is listed in API.Readme but an example would be http://host:8888/play?channel=50&format=ts&redirect=true&resolution=480&bitrate=500 (this is a ts stream, not flv, but hopefully that's okay for you). Make sure to include the redirect=true part or else it won't work (some of the other commands are optional I believe, but don't quote me on this).

As an fyi, mcheng is currently working on fixing the aspect ratio in the web interface (along with adding mute and stop buttons). Should be in release 0.5.11 according to his recent posts.