Kodi Community Forum
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) (/showthread.php?tid=119865)

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - dbqbbq - 2013-04-30

(2013-04-29, 04:23)mcheng89 Wrote: Commercial issues?

Also, does anyone ever notice any weird things with commercials?

These were the two that I noticed:
- commercial aspect ratio change causes part of the screen to flicker - (anyone who sees this often want to try a test build?)
- certain commercials will play a buzzing sound

They usually happen on the same commercials too, but I dont remember which commercials had them.
If you guys can find examples of each that would be great (what the commercial was for and what channel)
I've definitely seen the second issue, probably once every 30-60 minutes on average. For me it always happens for two commercials in a row then goes away after that. If I try restarting the stream the buzz will go away for a few seconds but comes back if the first commercial is still playing (I don't recall if that happens once it's on the second commercial). I'll turn it on tonight and see if I can find anything.

Edit 1: Took about an hour of watching to get the buzz. Occurred on TBS HD (channel 553, verizon fios philadelphia). Buzz lasted for two commercials (which is what I've always seen) - first was a commercial for Gerber Life health plan and second was for AmeriStar Tax Center. The aspect ratio on these commercials was 4:3 (instead of the 16:9 standard for HD) but I saw other 4:3 commercials that didn't have the buzz. After those two commercials the next commercial was 16:9 aspect ratio and the buzz went away (not sure if those things are related). Note that through all the aspect ratio changes I did not see any flickering.

Edit 2: Took another 25-30 minutes to get another buzz. Occurred on TBS HD again (channel 553, verizon fios philadelphia). Only noticed it on one commercial this time (but it might have been two, the buzzing wasn't that loud so I didn't notice it at first) - a 4:3 commercial for We Can! (local program encouraging kids to be active). Seems like jdpman might be onto something with it being local commercials (although it isn't all of them, just some, at least for me). Again, no video glitching for me (this was through web interface in chrome using flash player).

Edit 3: 20 minutes later, two commercials in a row - first was 4:3 for injury lawyer (ice therapy?), second was 16:9 for verizon fios.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - mcheng89 - 2013-04-30

There's some code in the git for vlc that reinitializes the video filters on aspect ratio change.
I'm going to try to see if that fixes the video problem.

@jdpman: If you get a chance, can you try this?
http://www.mediafire.com/?f9pctmw32k4ii90

Replace this file:
<VLC folder>\plugins\stream_out\libstream_out_transcode_plugin.dll

Also use that modified tv.exe from the previous page:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dugy48hzjf6zhpe

@dbqbbq: I'm going to attempt a fix for audio if the video part works...

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - jdpman - 2013-05-01

I've been running that test version for several commercial breaks on CNN now and so far so good. Even just saw a local Comcast commercial come up and it never glitched. I think you got it fixed! I'm getting ready for work now but I'll keep it running and keep an eye on the commercial breaks and report back what I see. Looks good though.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - mcheng89 - 2013-05-01

(2013-05-01, 15:27)jdpman Wrote: I've been running that test version for several commercial breaks on CNN now and so far so good. Even just saw a local Comcast commercial come up and it never glitched. I think you got it fixed! I'm getting ready for work now but I'll keep it running and keep an eye on the commercial breaks and report back what I see. Looks good though.

Sounds great!

Gonna look into audio fix soon

@jdpman: If you get a chance (low priority issue), does it work with the original unmodified tv.exe?

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - jdpman - 2013-05-02

It looks like the modified tv.exe is necessary. I tested with the original 0.5.12 tv.exe and the modified dll: When the local commercials come on the video just stops. I'm assuming the encoder encounters an error and stops its stream, although no message pops up in the tvserver log to confirm this. And then when I reconnect while the local commercial is still on, once the local commercials are over, the video does this: http://i.imgur.com/BZy1g2P.jpg. I'm assuming that since VLC is still streaming at the aspect ratio of the local commercials, once the broadcast changes back to the original aspect ratio, everything after that gets cut off on the right side.

In addition, I just noticed for the first time that if I'm watching CNN-HD (I've always just tuned into the standard def CNN channel before), when the local commercials come on, I get the annoying buzzing audio. So I'll be able to test for that once you start working on a fix for it.

Once again thanks for the updates. Really appreciate it!

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - gman3042 - 2013-05-03

ok.. having an issue.. its not port forwarding or anything as I can access the index.html both at home and remotely.. the problem is the iphone.html file.. whether it be on my ipad.. my computer.. my note 2.. all it does it just say "loading" with the "username/password" screen right 'behind it' (even though i dont have any authentication).. any idea why this keeps happening? if i hit refresh enough SOMETIMES it will go to the channels page.. but it happens very rarely.. any ideas? its not being picked up by the console..

forgot to add.. newest version of the server... 2.0.5 vlc..

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - rtwolfe - 2013-05-03

Ought oh. Live TV viewing is working fine, but my EPG is now empty.

Scanned for possible solutions. No good answers.

When I look at \Users\...\Appdata\Roaming\addons\script.tvserver\resources My XMLTV.XML file is full of data when I run the EPGupdater.bat.

When I go to \Users\...\Appdata\Roaming\userdata\Database

My EPG.db was really small but I have tried deleting the epg#.db, then reopening XBMC.
Have tried the setting under System - Live TV - EPG, where you reset the EPG.DB but that did not help. Still the EPG says "NO EPG Entries" when I call up the EPG, via keyboard - e or going in via Live TV. Am guessing my epg database is not being updated.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - dbqbbq - 2013-05-04

(2013-05-03, 06:57)gman3042 Wrote: ok.. having an issue.. its not port forwarding or anything as I can access the index.html both at home and remotely.. the problem is the iphone.html file.. whether it be on my ipad.. my computer.. my note 2.. all it does it just say "loading" with the "username/password" screen right 'behind it' (even though i dont have any authentication).. any idea why this keeps happening? if i hit refresh enough SOMETIMES it will go to the channels page.. but it happens very rarely.. any ideas? its not being picked up by the console..

forgot to add.. newest version of the server... 2.0.5 vlc..

This is interesting. When I first read your comment I tried loading iphone.html and had the same problem you had. I changed a few things in the html file and it started working. Interestingly enough I then went back to the original file and it started working. I'm honestly not quite sure what is going on here but try replacing your copy of iphone.html with this one: http://dropcanvas.com/odnas. The link will only last 3 days so PM me if you don't get a chance to download it by then.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - gman3042 - 2013-05-04

thank you for the effort.. but still.. same issue., this happened after i went from password to no password at all.. but i get rid of the settings.conf file and had it create a whole new one.. same issue.. theres no password.. could the port still be thinking theres a password?

the oddest thing (like i said) is that it happens on both local network and remote.. whether it be on IOS or my laptop... the iphone.html file.. i cant figure it out

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - dbqbbq - 2013-05-05

(2013-05-04, 23:18)gman3042 Wrote: thank you for the effort.. but still.. same issue., this happened after i went from password to no password at all.. but i get rid of the settings.conf file and had it create a whole new one.. same issue.. theres no password.. could the port still be thinking theres a password?

the oddest thing (like i said) is that it happens on both local network and remote.. whether it be on IOS or my laptop... the iphone.html file.. i cant figure it out

The password prompt is actually coded into iphone.html regardless of whether you have a password. When you load the page it tries to login once automatically with a blank username and password. If you don't have a password then it will work and you won't see the prompt, and if you do have a password the autologin will fail and you'll have to login manually.

I put up another file at the same site with your username in it - try that one. That should prevent the screen from locking when the app starts and hopefully that will allow you to use it. You should change the name to iphone.html and replace your existing file with that name.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - gman3042 - 2013-05-05

you devil you. i re-added the first link you posted.. and now it seems to be working for a day now.. its odd.. I ain't complaining!

Smile

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - dbqbbq - 2013-05-05

(2013-05-05, 17:47)gman3042 Wrote: you devil you. i re-added the first link you posted.. and now it seems to be working for a day now.. its odd.. I ain't complaining!

Smile

I swapped out the file like 5 times as I made some other fixes so that could explain it. Most recent version was posted like 12 hours ago so you might want to check that you have the latest version (but keep the one that is working just in case) because that fixes issues with adding/removing favorite channels as well as fixing the settings tab.

Re: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - Rigbyrobot - 2013-05-05

I have the tv:server up and running in xbmc really well, thank you so much. I have been trying to get it to work with plex but having some trouble there. I can get it to work on the plex ht beta release for windows though a bit spotty but for the android plex app not at all, so I'm thinking it's a configuration issue with in the app. I was just wondering if there was anyone who could advise to the best set up?

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - PowerLion1 - 2013-05-06

problem solved itself somehow.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - dbqbbq - 2013-05-06

(2013-05-06, 00:46)PowerLion1 Wrote: I never did manage to get the 5.x series to ever run. It always shows "No devices were found". I'm still using 2.2.3 since that is the last version that has worked for me. I also logged into the tv:Confusederver and tried to add the dive, but it won't save from that point.

Did you try adding the device manually? I have a PCI-e Ceton and it didn't add automatically but once I gave the program the right info it found it.