Kodi Community Forum
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) (/showthread.php?tid=119865)

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - rdougher - 2013-06-21

(2013-06-21, 17:51)Rigbyrobot Wrote: I believe he has stated that working out the kinks with plex was on the to do list, but in the meantime, try using the method explained in the post above yours. With all my tinkering I've found plex to not be very tv friendly, I still update and play with my plex pass, but for usability, you really cant beat xbmc with the tvConfusederver's pvr plugin

I know he said he was working on it. I was just putting it out there that I'm experiencing the same and was willing to help test.

As for XBMC, I was running the tvConfusederver plugin there awhile back and it did work well. However, it doesn't manage recordings (last I knew) so unfortunately I'm sticking with MC7 for now.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - digitizedsoul - 2013-06-24

Guys I am running the latest tv server build, and cannot get it to work anymore.
Running on Windows Server 2012 and it keeps saying in the console "no tuners available" when I make a request for a channel.
It detects and configures my Ceton InfiniTV 4 no problem, detects all 4 adapters and I set them up in the web setup page just fine.
This used to work, i'm not sure if it was the update of the TV server or moving to server 2012 that broke it.

Any clue? "No tuners available" isn't very helpful or detailed.
I watched the verbose logging output of my tuner during a request, and it looks perfectly fine from that side.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - cinemagic - 2013-06-24

Go to web page and setting, restart server. it will come up again.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - digitizedsoul - 2013-06-24

How was it that simple?
facepalm moment.
problem solved Smile

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - kp4akb - 2013-07-04

(2013-05-20, 18:00)guys2 Wrote: I got the new CETON InfiniTV eth 6 channel tuner. Is they're any chance to make this work with this tuner? Is there anything I can provide that would be helpful?

Thanks
Guy

Has the Ceton TV6 been incorporated in to TV::Server? The latest version that I have is tvserver v0.5.12 and it only finds Infinity 4

" Failed to add device: new Device[CetonInfiniTV4][192.168.0.117]
No devices were found"

Ed Rios
Columbus, OH

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - jdpman - 2013-07-23

I hope everything is okay, mcheng89. I just noticed you haven't been on this website in 2 months now. I still use this program daily and just wanted to say thanks again for all your work.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - Tripplesixty - 2013-08-04

First let me say thanks for the work that's been done on this add-on! I really do appreciate being able to use it. Big Grin

Is there any continued development going on right now? This is the only solution that I could get working that allows me to stream content over my local network using my Ceton InfiniTV. I have a few problems when using the app however.

1) I tend to see the app buffer ever 10-20 mins. I am running all my PC's on a low latency wired gigabit connection, and my computers have enough horse power to decode the raw streams. I was wondering if there are any setting associated with VLC or the client that would affect buffer size and or frame rate etc, anything that would cause me to see a buffer under run.

2) From time to time if I change to a channel that I do not subscribe to the app will crash and leave me at the add-on page in XBMC where the app seems to not be completely closed. Many times I have to press escape or "x" to close the add-on. Sometimes I'm left closing and restarting xbmc.

3) Right now I'm not getting any episode information even though I followed the directions to pull down all the data. This problem was just recently introduced and I'm not sure if its a problem with my configuration or if its something to do with the server I'm trying to pull from.

Also is there source available for the server component that actually coordinates with the Ceton Tuner and VLC?

Thanks in advance!

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - legofneb - 2013-08-04

I've been following the project for quite a while so I thought I'd offer my advice on the last two of your list.

2) The channels that you don't subscribe or make the app crash should be removed from channelmap.csv so they can't accidentally be chosen.

3) If the episode problem is a recent development try deleting epgdata.db and letting it rebuild.

Hope that helps!

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - Tripplesixty - 2013-08-05

Thanks legofneb, I understand that I can edit the channel list table to avoid this, however from a software design aspect I think it should be handled a little more gracefully. I'll also try rebuilding the epgdata.db.

Thanks.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - tallnerd1985 - 2013-08-05

I have configured this on my Win7 and tested with a local copy of XBMC. Copied the correct pvr.tvserver to right location, configured and enabled. Works flawlessly!

Now, trying to do the same with my OpenElec, it won't let me copy the folder over. Anyone with the same situation on OpenElec?

P.S.
Is there a Linux version of the software coming or source/git available?

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - drewscm - 2013-08-05

I recently setup TV:Confusederver with xbmc using ceton infinitv 4 with cable card. The issue I am running into is when I try to change channels it always stops playback and takes me to the channel list or back to the main XBMC screen. The channel never actually changes unless selected from the guide/channel list.

Any ideas on a fix for this?

I use WMC on the main TV in our house (easier for spouse to use) I am trying to get XBMC up and running smoothly to be able to run on other TV's with Raspberry Pi throughout the house without using WMC Extenders.

I have searched through trying to find this issue, but I can only do so much searching, please help me out

Thanks

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - saywhat - 2013-08-06

I'm having issues streaming from iphone.html on my android device. Whenever I hit 'Play' an .m3u8 file shows up as a download in my notification bar as 'download unsuccessful'. I'm running android 2.3.4 if that makes a difference.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - legofneb - 2013-08-06

(2013-08-06, 03:06)saywhat Wrote: I'm having issues streaming from iphone.html on my android device. Whenever I hit 'Play' an .m3u8 file shows up as a download in my notification bar as 'download unsuccessful'. I'm running android 2.3.4 if that makes a difference.

On my phone (I have android 4.1.2 though) I could open the .m3u8 with mxPlayer but I had to disable H/W Acceleration for the stream to play smoothly. I'm not sure if 2.3.4 has that app but it works well for me.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - mcheng89 - 2013-08-07

Hey guys, I'm back. I wiped my development setup, so I'll need a few days to catch up Smile

edit: I also need to make a list of the things I need to work on.

Re: RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - tallnerd1985 - 2013-08-07

(2013-08-07, 01:25)mcheng89 Wrote: Hey guys, I'm back. I wiped my development setup, so I'll need a few days to catch up Smile

edit: I also need to make a list of the things I need to work on.

That's good to hear that you are back.

I could give you a list to work on Smile