Kodi Community Forum
Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) (/showthread.php?tid=119865)

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - bigsneak - 2013-09-25

(2013-09-24, 07:17)dbqbbq Wrote: When you stream to your other devices are you always using the direct stream? If so the stuttering issue is probably coming from the server computer. When using /m/iphone.html you are viewing a transcoded version of the stream, not the raw stream (though I think mcheng has plans to allow direct streaming at some point). Watching the raw stream requires a fast network connection but doesn't require much of the server computer (it just has to pass the stream from the InfiniTV 4 over http). Transcoding an HD file at high bitrate, on the other hand, is very CPU intensive and it could be that your server computer is not fast enough and is causing the stuttering during transcoding. As a reference for how fast your computer needs to be, my server has an i5-2500k (stock voltage and frequency) and I can watch 720p at high bitrate with no problems (1080p might be okay, I don't have a good enough internet connection to test it). Previously I had a Celeron G530 and this struggled to do anything beyond 480p and medium bitrate.

Thanks for taking the time to reply! Yes, I'm always using the direct stream in XBMC on the iPad. It's just that I can't get the guide to come up - otherwise it's my preferred way to watch in the house (in bed).

You are exactly right about the transcoding. I just spent a few minutes messing with the different server settings on the iphone.html page, then streamed and watched the CPU on the server. Sure enough, anything over 526 / medium pegs the CPU at 100%. Lower settings don't max it out. So I'm sure that's what is causing the hiccups. It's a dual core, 2.8 GHz Pentium from a few years back... No big deal - good enough for me now.

I do wonder about getting the guide to come up in the the XBMC plugin... On a PC, you hit Enter and it comes up - but on the iPad, nothing I try does anything, except a two-finger tap - which prompts me to quit the plugin.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - dbqbbq - 2013-09-26

(2013-09-25, 18:44)bigsneak Wrote:
(2013-09-24, 07:17)dbqbbq Wrote: When you stream to your other devices are you always using the direct stream? If so the stuttering issue is probably coming from the server computer. When using /m/iphone.html you are viewing a transcoded version of the stream, not the raw stream (though I think mcheng has plans to allow direct streaming at some point). Watching the raw stream requires a fast network connection but doesn't require much of the server computer (it just has to pass the stream from the InfiniTV 4 over http). Transcoding an HD file at high bitrate, on the other hand, is very CPU intensive and it could be that your server computer is not fast enough and is causing the stuttering during transcoding. As a reference for how fast your computer needs to be, my server has an i5-2500k (stock voltage and frequency) and I can watch 720p at high bitrate with no problems (1080p might be okay, I don't have a good enough internet connection to test it). Previously I had a Celeron G530 and this struggled to do anything beyond 480p and medium bitrate.

Thanks for taking the time to reply! Yes, I'm always using the direct stream in XBMC on the iPad. It's just that I can't get the guide to come up - otherwise it's my preferred way to watch in the house (in bed).

You are exactly right about the transcoding. I just spent a few minutes messing with the different server settings on the iphone.html page, then streamed and watched the CPU on the server. Sure enough, anything over 526 / medium pegs the CPU at 100%. Lower settings don't max it out. So I'm sure that's what is causing the hiccups. It's a dual core, 2.8 GHz Pentium from a few years back... No big deal - good enough for me now.

I do wonder about getting the guide to come up in the the XBMC plugin... On a PC, you hit Enter and it comes up - but on the iPad, nothing I try does anything, except a two-finger tap - which prompts me to quit the plugin.

Glad to hear you were able to figure out the stuttering issues. Your pentium is probably similar to the celeron g530 I had so there's no surprise about the CPU pegging. If you do upgrade I'd recommend quad core 3 GHz or better if you want transcoded HD streams. If you want multiple transcoded HD streams simultaneously then you probably need a pretty powerful CPU (I've not tried this but I'm guessing i7 level processor might be necessary).

Are you using the script.tvserver plugin or the pvr.tvserver plugin? From script.tvserver the only way I can pull up the guide is with the enter key and I'm not sure if you can simulate that on an iPad (that depends on how xbmc for the iPad is configured). The pvr.tvserver plugin allows you to use the live tv feature of xbmc and from the live tv screen (on a PC) there is a button to get to the EPG (so perhaps this exists in the iPad version). Otherwise you might be able to get a remote plugin for XBMC which allows you to bring up a keyboard on the iPad - see here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=IOS_remotes.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - mcheng89 - 2013-09-26

Ill be working on some quick updates tonight. Vlc 2.1 came out and I need to update the server.

Ill read the posts I missed later.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - gspitman - 2013-09-29

Hey all, I'm getting "Failed to start VLC process" every time I try to stream a channel

Also VLC is sending an error of "unable to parse command line..."

What do I need to do?

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - dbqbbq - 2013-09-30

(2013-09-29, 16:19)gspitman Wrote: Hey all, I'm getting "Failed to start VLC process" every time I try to stream a channel
This error is frequently caused by a firewall. Have you disabled all firewalls just to test?

Quote:Also VLC is sending an error of "unable to parse command line..."
This one I don't recall seeing before, sorry. What version of VLC are you using? From what mcheng said it sounds like the server might not work with the newest release of VLC yet (v2.1.0).

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - mcheng89 - 2013-10-01

@alysonalvis, @gspitman: try using vlc 2.0.8.

Just had some time today to finished changes for VLC 2.1.0. Going to do some testing tomorrow...

EDIT - test build for vlc 2.1.0:
http://www.mediafire.com/?llud7upugimsf8j

Still need to test some more

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - gspitman - 2013-10-04

(2013-10-01, 06:21)mcheng89 Wrote: @alysonalvis, @gspitman: try using vlc 2.0.8.

Just had some time today to finished changes for VLC 2.1.0. Going to do some testing tomorrow...

I actually used several VLC versions, the 2.1.0 didn't generate VLC errors, only the first error.

This is a Windows 8 box... could that be the issue?

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - cinemagic - 2013-10-09

Hi,
Is any way to use pvr client (tvConfusederver)on Openelec xbmc ? I can use on windows machine with live tv but I can not on openelec. Can anybody help to use on openelec
Thanks

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - pibs - 2013-10-15

(2013-10-01, 06:21)mcheng89 Wrote: @alysonalvis, @gspitman: try using vlc 2.0.8.

I was experiencing difficulties when I upgraded VLC but this test build seemed to fix my problems. Thank you very much.

Also for those who have issues accessing their server outside their home network, use your external ip. After much messing around with my firewall and etc. that seemed to do the trick for me. I got mine with the help of Ceton's My Media Center Software, under Advance>Network. If anyone knows an easier way to access the external ip feel free to use such methods, I just happened to already have that and stumbled upon the setting.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - dbqbbq - 2013-10-15

(2013-10-15, 06:08)pibs Wrote: Also for those who have issues accessing their server outside their home network, use your external ip. After much messing around with my firewall and etc. that seemed to do the trick for me. I got mine with the help of Ceton's My Media Center Software, under Advance>Network. If anyone knows an easier way to access the external ip feel free to use such methods, I just happened to already have that and stumbled upon the setting.

External IP can also be found at whatismyip.com. Be aware that most internet providers do not provide static IPs and so your external IP might change from time to time (experience has shown it's once a month or less for my provider but for some it could be more frequent). A solution to the changing IP is a dynamic DNS client. This is basically a 'website' where your computer reports its external IP every time it changes. Then when you want to access your server remotely you just enter the 'website' address and your computer will automatically redirect to the correct IP. The best services charge minimal fees but there are some free options out there (I use no-ip.com and it works fine for my needs). If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - jdpman - 2013-10-20

Hi. Has there been any progress made in regards to a Roku channel? I see there was a conversation in this thread 5 or 6 months ago but nothing came of it? I'd really like to see that happen.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - kymiller - 2013-11-03

This is a great program, has really allowed me to unlock the full potential of my Ceton InfiniTV 4.

I spent a tremendous amount of time going through this thread but couldn't find a bit of information I was looking for.

How can I access the direct stream in my browser? when I use the /m/index.html or /m/iphone.html links in my browser or iphone, I only have the option to bring up transcoded streams.

I found a link in this thread that will run the direct stream out of VLC, but when I try to put it into my browser, it downloads the stream without actually playing it (I can see the stream downloading in my download box, it is running bandwidth to no end, but not playing in my browser).

Is there a way to play the direct stream in your browser? I would love to be able to use Chromecast with this!

Thanks!

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - dsc1000 - 2013-11-05

https://github.com/computmaxer/roku-hdhomerun
HD Homerun channel for Roku. It works with wallop (mac). Any way to get this to work with TVServer?

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - dbqbbq - 2013-11-07

(2013-11-03, 23:48)kymiller Wrote: Is there a way to play the direct stream in your browser? I would love to be able to use Chromecast with this!
Thanks!

Not at the moment. I believe the author was planning to add this but he's gone silent (probably busy with life) for a while so I don't know the current status.

RE: [dev] CetonTV+HDHomeRun - Watch TV on XBMC (WIN/OSX) - mcheng89 - 2013-11-10

I'll be back soon. It's almost the holidays so I'll have some more time.

I might look into streaming to xbox one and xbox 360 using playto. Hopefully ps4 can get dlna dmr support also, so I can send tv from browser/phone! Smile

@kymiller - not too sure about chromecast right now (I dont have one). Does the flash player not work with the chrome tab feature?

@jdpman, @dsc1000 - thanks for the link. maybe I can contact computmaxer to see if I can modify it for this app Smile