Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Johnnymagical - 2014-03-11

I just want to report that Limelight did not work for me today at all(on PC and Pi)
I changed CDN to Akami and everything is working great again.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Dukman - 2014-03-12

Confirmed working here too. PC and Pi with VPN.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - lanks - 2014-03-12

Same here, noticed this morning that akamai was the only choice now. So that's very good, I won't hold my breath but hopefully it stays this way. Anybody know what to do about the too many streams issue that pops up? It seems to happen if I stop a video only a few seconds in, then after that it won't start a different one. Sorry, I know it's a little vague, on the phone posting this :-P

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - jimt35126 - 2014-03-12

Agreed. Set akamai as your default CDN, then you will not be asked to select streams.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Lunatixz - 2014-03-12

Glad this cleared itself up...I was starting to have Amazon plugin flashbacks!!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2014-03-12

wow!!! amazing.

.... okay everybody... shh!!! Wink

@lanks -- i've experienced this as well... i've concluded that it's something in xbmc that is not releasing the stream properly.
if you look in the now playing queue, you might see it still in there.
sometimes going all the way out to the main menu will release it fully, and you can go back into the add-on.

(2014-02-07, 04:06)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2014-02-06, 17:27)locomot1f Wrote:
(2014-01-11, 05:57)locomot1f Wrote: yes. i can confirm.
everything looks good here.
great job, @spanktaskic2120!! pussy on the chainwax! Wink

will this file make its way into the main repo?

i had to reinstall my addons, and I noticed I had to copy this file over again, to get things to work.

It was pushed to the github the same day, https://github.com/moneymaker365/plugin.video.hulu-beta

i can confirm that this file has not been pushed.
I had removed Hulu addon from my system with all the problems of the CDN's.
with the news that it was fixed, I reinstalled the addon, and again, had to copy this file over to my folder.
... not a problem, just want to make everyone aware.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - moneymaker - 2014-03-12

@locomot1f

Been pushed, but not updated in the repo yet.

(2014-03-12, 20:52)moneymaker Wrote: @locomot1f

Been pushed, but not updated in the repo yet.

ah! thanks for the explanation.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - lanks - 2014-03-13

@Loco - I'll check this out. I've seen them in the queue before and removed them with no luck, but I'll try going back home first if it happens again. Thanks fer da info :-)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - djones000 - 2014-03-13

First of all, glad to see the plugin working again. Great that Hulu finally fixed things for us.

I have a question that I'm not sure if it's a Hulu question, or a Trakt question.

When Hulu uses a different title than TVDB for a particular series, the Trakt plugin either won't work, or will scrobble the wrong series.
For example, if I'm watching The Tomorrow People (US) on Hulu, it's listed as simply "The Tomorrow People" which is an older series (on which the current series is based). So, the Trakt plugin scrobbles it as the older series, rather than the current one.

Is there any way to change the name (and possibly season and episode, when those are mis-matched) that XBMC sees each episode as, so that they get scrobbled properly?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2014-03-13

@djones000 -
do export to your library?
if so, then you can go under Settings -> Export to Library -> and un-check Export Episode NFO.
This will allow TVDB to look up the information.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - djones000 - 2014-03-14

(2014-03-13, 23:03)locomot1f Wrote: @djones000 -
do export to your library?
if so, then you can go under Settings -> Export to Library -> and un-check Export Episode NFO.
This will allow TVDB to look up the information.

I'll give that a try, but I don't see how that will fix the problem when Hulu uses the wrong title, as in my example.

P.S. Yeah, I tried it. That doesn't help anything. If the title doesn't match up in Hulu, it scrobbles the wrong one in Trakt. And if the title is just completely wrong (e.g. "Naruto Shipuden" on Hulu is "Naruto Shippuuden" on TVDB), it just doesn't work at all.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Johnnymagical - 2014-03-14

Hulu addon stopped working for me.
It worked great in the morning but now this quality level list again pop up again Sad
Tried to change CDN to Limelight and Level 3 but it doesn't seems to work.
Any suggestions?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Teraguard - 2014-03-15

(2014-03-14, 23:56)Johnnymagical Wrote: Hulu addon stopped working for me.
It worked great in the morning but now this quality level list again pop up again Sad
Tried to change CDN to Limelight and Level 3 but it doesn't seems to work.
Any suggestions?

Same thing just happened to me, literally one episode to the next. Only Edgecast and Level3 available for CDNs, neither work.