Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - TamaraKama - 2014-03-19

Well the addon is still pulling up just level 3 as a choice so Hulu Desktop working again has little bearing on the Hulu addon working again.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - ilovemymac - 2014-03-19

well i tried this change on the hulu and hulu beta addon and nothing changes i still cant get it to play and still get the pop up

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - ilovemymac - 2014-03-19

I notice that even when i change the CDNS in the common.py i still do not have any of those options in my hulu. its still limelight and the other 2 that have always been there.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - gjacov - 2014-03-19

(2014-03-19, 02:30)smoke_tetsu Wrote: Meanwhile... Real Debrid seems to be broken too... still.

Real Debrid must have set their service to work only with AKAMAI... I guess

[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - ilovemymac - 2014-03-19

Why do people pay for that? Seems you get everything anyway without it

Pay for what? Hulu Plus? You get HD and more videos with it. No you don't get "everything" without it.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Lunatixz - 2014-03-19

He is referring to RD, and the answer is because it proxys a US server so our oversea friends can enjoy hulu aswel

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - mattmartinolc - 2014-03-19

Still not working today? I was about to try it out again but wanted to check here first.... When I get home I will try it out

(2014-03-19, 21:55)Lunatixz Wrote: He is referring to RD, and the answer is because it proxys a US server so our oversea friends can enjoy hulu aswel
Yeah it's also worked as an option in the past for when native Hulu+ doesn't work. Not right now though obviously.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - mattmartinolc - 2014-03-20

UPDATE - I got it working again

I have not tried it with the original stream_hulu.py file. I used the modified one and chose the darwin-level3 option at the very bottom of the stream choices.

Hulu Beta Plugin, Raspberry Pi - Hulu Plus in HD.

Enjoy again!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Johnnymagical - 2014-03-20

(2014-03-20, 01:11)mattmartinolc Wrote: UPDATE - I got it working again

I have not tried it with the original stream_hulu.py file. I used the modified one and chose the darwin-level3 option at the very bottom of the stream choices.

Enjoy again!

Same here on stable version works from the morning
Actually they changed it on the noon to Level3 then changes it back to darwin-level 3

I believe they try to make our lives harder and there is a good possibility someone from Hulu use this forum to catch up.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - mattmartinolc - 2014-03-20

(2014-03-20, 01:22)Johnnymagical Wrote:

Enjoy again!

Actually they changed it on the noon to Level3 then changes it back to darwin-level 3

I believe they try to make our lives harder and there is a good possibility someone from Hulu use this forum to catch up.

Well, it was darwin-level3 like you said, I watch one episode of Family guy, and in that time, it changed AGAIN to just level3.

So I changed the following code and now it is working again for the time being without asking me to choose a stream source.

in /language/English/strings.py

FIND:
PHP Code:
<string id="30023">720p 3200k</string

REPLACE WITH:
PHP Code:
<string id="30023">16x9 24fps p009</string

Then in settings pick that as your stream source and level3 as your default CDN. Not only should it work, it should not even ask you to choose a stream source anymore (you know, until they change it six time again over the next 24 hours).

Edit: you could also replace the akamai string of strings.py since akamai seems to be no more so that you can later update your default CDN if they keep flip-flopping it.

FIND:
PHP Code:
<string id="30030">level3</string

REPLACE:
PHP Code:
<string id="30030">darwin-level3</string

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Johnnymagical - 2014-03-20

(2014-03-20, 02:51)mattmartinolc Wrote:
(2014-03-20, 01:22)Johnnymagical Wrote:

Enjoy again!

Well, it was darwin-level3 like you said, I watch one episode of Family guy, and in that time, it changed AGAIN to just level3.

So I changed the following code and now it is working again for the time being without asking me to choose a stream source.

in /language/English/strings.py

FIND:
PHP Code:
<string id="30023">720p 3200k</string

REPLACE WITH:
PHP Code:
<string id="30023">16x9 24fps p009</string

Then in settings pick that as your stream source and level3 as your default CDN. Not only should it work, it should not even ask you to choose a stream source anymore (you know, until they change it six time again over the next 24 hours).

Edit: you could also replace the akamai string of strings.py since akamai seems to be no more so that you can later update your default CDN if they keep flip-flopping it.

FIND:
PHP Code:
<string id="30030">level3</string

REPLACE:
PHP Code:
<string id="30030">darwin-level3</string

Yep they did it again....

I just changed cdns from common.py
PHP Code:
cdns = ['darwin-level3','darwin-limelight','darwin-edgecast'
to this:
PHP Code:
cdns = ['level3','darwin-limelight','darwin-edgecast'

Works great for me
till the next round Smile

[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - ilovemymac - 2014-03-20

I will try this. It's very frustrating hope someone can get a fix for this

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - TamaraKama - 2014-03-20

Well, the videos are working for me with level3 now but modifying the strings is not working to suppress the quality choosing menu for me. Also, in my list it always just says "level3" not "darwin-level3". <-strike that now... reverse it... But no matter which I enter for strings and or cdns it pops up with the quality choice list.