Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

- this-is-me - 2012-01-30

kreeturez,

Thanks for the +1. I had considered the MyLibrary, but the problem is automation. I am trying to sell pre-configured ATV2 Boxes with Hulu and other stuff. These boxes will have internet TV only, and will not have the option to add other things like a library on another PC (Settings locked down). Therefore, I do not believe it is in my customer's interest to use MyLibrary because it would add another level of complexity to something that is intended to be easy for them. Although my choices for selling these boxes have nothing to do with you specifically, I mention it in order to ask for this functionality to be built. I appreciate your offer of assistance if bluecop would be kind enough to add this functionality.

As a sideline, I wonder if XBMC.MyLibrary could be rebuilt into an add-on?

- locomot1f - 2012-01-30

kreeturez Wrote:Hey there,

I see you're using Weather+; are you using the Library Auto-Update script as well? If so, see pkscuot's post here...

no. not using that.
this happens when i just click on the "add subscriptions to library" from the Hulu plugin.

- BlueCop - 2012-01-30

this-is-me: you expect me to do work so you can sell it? also you lock it down so they can't even use XBMC?

I am going to be removing the repo. I am going to go private repo. I am tired of people who won't read. Now people are selling it and I am supporting their customers with updates.

I am going to do updates to everything first to display warning if you paid for the software you were ripped off.

This pisses me off.

Update I am just going to adding single a warning on first launch. I will reset this every update though.
It would be much much easier to keep things private. Making things public makes them much much harder to maintain.

I just don't like that I am supporting people that he sold a product to. He is making money off of other peoples work while providing nothing back.

Some of the people selling atv2s are also pirating atvflash black.

- pkscout - 2012-01-30

this-is-me Wrote:Bluecop,
(the Bug)
The Queue/Library adding feature has a bug: the maximum number of items in the queue that is loaded is 2000. I have over 3200 items in my queue because I want my library to have every episode of every season of my favorite shows.
The library update function of the Hulu plugin can either update the queue, your subscriptions (or favorites as they now call them) or both. So you don't actually need every episode of every show in your queue. If you add it as a favorite the plugin can update it. Once something is in your subscriptions, go to the plugin, highlight Subscriptions, and then bring up the context menu. You'll see ADD SUBSCRIPTIONS TO LIBRARY in the menu. Select that and off it goes. If you want to do that automatically on a periodic basis check out the first post for information on the HuluLibraryAutoUpdate script.

Quote:(Request 1)
Can you add a feature in the add-on settings allowing users to change the names of some episodes BEFORE adding them to the library? Because of the naming of some TV shows on hulu, some entire TV shows will not show up in the library.
When stuff is added to your library, the plugin created .nfo files for every series and episode based on the information at Hulu. It kind of doesn't matter if they are "misnamed" according to thetvdb.com because you'll never have to scrape that site for this stuff.

Quote:(Request 2)
I understand that you also work on the Free Cable script. PLEASE, oh PLEASE add the library functionality to that script as well. I REALLY want my MacGyver, Perry Mason and Happy Days from CBS classic in my library.
I'm not going to speak for Bluecop on this, but my sense is that a library update functionality for freecable is going to be a pretty large undertaking. With Hulu the cataloging of subscriptions is already done. You just have to update from two places (the queue and the subscriptions). With FreeCable there is no such thing, so you would have to build and store a catalog of all the subscriptions, figure out how to keep them persistent as the directory structures change for the channels, and provide a way for a user to browse and manage their queue. I'm not saying it can't be done, but I think XBMC.MyLibrary provides the best opportunity for the foreseeable future. Yes, you have to muck with XML configs, and you have to schedule it outside XBMC, and it only runs (I think) on Windows, but it does work.

- this-is-me - 2012-01-30

BlueCop, I am not charging for XBMC nor your plugin. I am instead selling my time for configuring it to allow the customer to use a simple internet TV device. The lock down is designed to prevent customer's children and the technologically inept from accidentally changing settings that could destroy the configuration, and is agreed to by the customer before purchase. If the customer chooses, they may have a box with no lockdowns. I have already sold an ATV2 with this configuration (also with no additional cost).

Once again: I do not charge for any of the software, neither yours nor XBMC. I do, however, run a business and I am providing my customers the benefit of my expertise and time at a regular hourly rate. Many of my customers are not tech savvy enough to set up such a box on their own. Arguably, If they were, then they might already have done so. The price for the ATV2 I sell includes a cost for a pre-configured amount of time it takes me to set it up and configure it. I also do not charge for training the customer on how to use the ATV2 or XBMC.

As for allowing customers to benefit from your assistance, this is indeed true. If you are concerned about people paying for your updates, then you should know that I have no further cost to my customers after purchase. Any updates you would provide would still be free to them and everyone else.

I am not trying to belittle the point you make. If the software was purchased, then you should expect to see some payment for your efforts. However, this is not the case in my situation.

- BlueCop - 2012-01-30

this-is-me: you say you are selling your time. I don't see the value in your time.

Anyone could jailbreak and install things. All you have to do is plug in a usb cable and use free software to jailbreak it. Some people selling atv2 are illegally using atv black software. They are pirating it.

It is a few clicks. It isn't technical expertise.

I do see the value in having Hulu and many other plugins as selling points. That is my problem. You and people like you are advertising these things as features. They are in big bold letters as the primary selling point of the items.

This is how every single ebay ad I see is. It is advertising the VALUE in the purchase as the content you are getting access to.

I see many plug-ins I have written.

You are being disingenuous if you say you are selling your time. You are selling software you got for free.

Everyone is now going to have to deal with pop-up warnings not to purchase the software and to request for a refund.

I am reporting several Ebay items that are pirating atv black.

There are a ton of people doing this.

- bradvido88 - 2012-01-30

+1 BlueCop

Also, if you guys want stuff in your library, the script in sig below can do it (for any add-on, not just bluecop's repo).

Or instead of begging for a feature to be added, pick up a programming book and submit a patch yourself. It is open-source after all.

- sproket - 2012-01-30

this-is-me Wrote:BlueCop, I am not charging for XBMC nor your plugin. I am instead selling my time for configuring it to allow the customer to use a simple internet TV device. The lock down is designed to prevent customer's children and the technologically inept from accidentally changing settings that could destroy the configuration, and is agreed to by the customer before purchase. If the customer chooses, they may have a box with no lockdowns. I have already sold an ATV2 with this configuration (also with no additional cost).

Once again: I do not charge for any of the software, neither yours nor XBMC. I do, however, run a business and I am providing my customers the benefit of my expertise and time at a regular hourly rate. Many of my customers are not tech savvy enough to set up such a box on their own. Arguably, If they were, then they might already have done so. The price for the ATV2 I sell includes a cost for a pre-configured amount of time it takes me to set it up and configure it. I also do not charge for training the customer on how to use the ATV2 or XBMC.

As for allowing customers to benefit from your assistance, this is indeed true. If you are concerned about people paying for your updates, then you should know that I have no further cost to my customers after purchase. Any updates you would provide would still be free to them and everyone else.

I am not trying to belittle the point you make. If the software was purchased, then you should expect to see some payment for your efforts. However, this is not the case in my situation.

Thanks alot for posting and letting us know your selling XBMC and services.

Doesnt sound like your gonna get to much support from here.

I will not be happy if I have to watch a popup about this is a free program everytime I start one of Bluecops addons.

- dynaflash - 2012-01-30

bluecop, if you go private on the addon ... will it still be available to those of us that know and love it for our own personal use ? And if so ... how ?

- BlueCop - 2012-01-30

dynaflash: I am just going to do warning prompts.

I also committed a fix for for authenticate proxies. It is version 3.3.1

- bradvido88 - 2012-01-30

BlueCop Wrote:dynaflash: I am just going to do warning prompts.

It would be nice if the notification didn't require user input to hide.
It could be either in the bottom notification area or it could auto-expire without user-input after a set amount of time.

From an API/JSON-RPC perspective, when external programs list your directories and popups come up that require you to press a key, it can block infinitely and cause problems.

Just a suggestion.

- BlueCop - 2012-01-30

bradvido88: It is just going to be a one time warning when launching or accessing anything in the plug-in for the first time after an update.

I don't really like forcing people to see something. It is the only option I have to force communication with people using the plugin.

- apw2607 - 2012-01-31

Hi there. Just a small observation. Each time I play a clip or episode on Hulu (plus) once the video finishes playing and returns to the Hulu interface you get a message to say there is no more videos to play in the playlist. I didn't notice this message before in earlier releases. I'm using the latest version you released btw.

It's also a lot faster too at displaying list of shows, etc :-)

- BlueCop - 2012-01-31

apw2607: It is side effect because of the way I implemented queue removal.

I don't want to take control of the player class when playing because xbmc has built in support for stop/resuming in plug-ins now(Eden). I want to post the "view complete" to hulu when complete though so it will remove from the queue. So i made a playlist item that will launch the plug-in to post the view complete when the episode is complete. It doesn't play anything though and skips to the next item. that is where the error comes from.

So if you stop the video then it will record your stop position and allow you to resume. It will also keep the video in your queue till you are finished or skip forward to stop the episode.

I will make this an option to enable auto queue removal so that it isn't an annoyance for those who don't want it.

You can always go to your history and re-add anything you watched back to your queue.

Request

Does anyone have a good wording for the pop-up message? I have 3 lines about 50 characters each and a title for the box.

I never had a great verbal aptitude so any help would be great.

- apw2607 - 2012-01-31

Ok. Thanks for the clarification.