Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - elmerohueso - 2014-03-23

(2014-03-23, 01:20)lewis.donofrio Wrote: Please make sure whoever fixes this that the addon.xml is not locked to a certain build of XBMC. Some of us are locked into the version we are using on the platform that works at this time. aka what I mean is I run eden 11.0 and need this script to work with that along with xbox (first gen) really these hardware still work great and just need the patches described and applicable to all platforms - thank you.
To work with Gotham, addons *must* be set to require a minimum of Python API 2.1.0. Eden was on Python API 2.0.0. To change the addon.xml to reflect the older API would break the addon in Gotham.
I'd recommend you fork the addon yourself and then try editing the addon.xml to reflect backwards compatibility. Assuming the rest of the addon doesn't actually rely on anything from the newer API, that might get it to work in Eden.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - mattmartinolc - 2014-03-23

ANYBODY have this working right now??

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - lewis.donofrio - 2014-03-23

(2014-03-23, 01:47)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2014-03-23, 01:20)lewis.donofrio Wrote: Please make sure whoever fixes this that the addon.xml is not locked to a certain build of XBMC. Some of us are locked into the version we are using on the platform that works at this time. aka what I mean is I run eden 11.0 and need this script to work with that along with xbox (first gen) really these hardware still work great and just need the patches described and applicable to all platforms - thank you.
To work with Gotham, addons *must* be set to require a minimum of Python API 2.1.0. Eden was on Python API 2.0.0. To change the addon.xml to reflect the older API would break the addon in Gotham.
I'd recommend you fork the addon yourself and then try editing the addon.xml to reflect backwards compatibility. Assuming the rest of the addon doesn't actually rely on anything from the newer API, that might get it to work in Eden.

What would I need to change it to to match up with eden?

--Thanks for your time (just saying these other hardware platforms are still good and this is a daily use machine here)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - mcsmackton - 2014-03-23

original xbox with beta plugin which worked prior to all this hoohah still no love. grabbed latest zip from gitbub. tried all the cdn options and quality options. not sure if its expected to work currently or not. have a bad feeling hulu is finally getting all its cdn's up to flash v10 or whatever it is. even if i could find the elusive v10 version of rtmpdump my understanding is it relies on windows only dll's to function. sadness.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Romey-Rome - 2014-03-23

Yeh. I kind of think the jig is up. Going to try the PlayOn method & see how it works. Going to host a Windows VM on my server & see how it rolls with transcoding & all - at least until someone get SWFVerification cracked.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - moneymaker - 2014-03-23

@all

Hulu will still make more changes and therefore it is useless now to deal with the problems. It's like a Tom & Jerry movie (extended version). In the meantime, I'm curious if Hulu expands the Mobile version. I hope ...

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - TamaraKama - 2014-03-23

Or like whack a mole, eh? What I wonder is why are they making so many changes right now? Are we really that big a blip on their radar that they go out of their way to mess with us? Also.. when are they going to settle down and ease up on the changes?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - mattmartinolc - 2014-03-23

Sad

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - elmerohueso - 2014-03-23

(2014-03-23, 05:58)lewis.donofrio Wrote:
(2014-03-23, 01:47)elmerohueso Wrote:

What would I need to change it to to match up with eden?

--Thanks for your time (just saying these other hardware platforms are still good and this is a daily use machine here)
At a minimum, addon.xml would need to change
Code:
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
to an earlier version, like
Code:
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.0.0"/>

That should at least get it to install on Eden. Whether or not it works would depend on if the rest of the code utilizes anything specific to the Python 2.1 API. Also, it would require Hulu to stop changing things on their end. As it is now, the plugin isn't working, anyway.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - frieten - 2014-03-24

Yep will sucks for them, this is the only thing I use my hulu plus sub on, so without a way to watch I won't renew. I'm sure I'm not the only one so they will lose money

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spyder - 2014-03-24

(2014-03-23, 06:55)Romey-Rome Wrote: Yeh. I kind of think the jig is up. Going to try the PlayOn method & see how it works. Going to host a Windows VM on my server & see how it rolls with transcoding & all - at least until someone get SWFVerification cracked.

(2014-03-24, 02:26)frieten Wrote: Yep will sucks for them, this is the only thing I use my hulu plus sub on, so without a way to watch I won't renew. I'm sure I'm not the only one so they will lose money
This is going to be like the Amazon prime bailout all over again.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Romey-Rome - 2014-03-24

Well PlayOn is OK in a bind. Transcoding quality drop is obvious even with the HD add-on. Fast navigation, but Artwork quality is garbage. No seeking. Think it'll resume though.

I wonder if it's possible to run a variant of rtmpsrv/rtmpdumphelper on a Windows box, and act that as a proxy between Hulu > XBMC. But I don't know. I think they use the same libs at the core.

There has got to be a way on grab the raw video stream on a legitimate player (Window in this case) and do as you please with it.
Just pissin' in the wind. I Don't mess with Windows much.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - lewis.donofrio - 2014-03-24

(2014-03-24, 02:26)frieten Wrote: Yep will sucks for them, this is the only thing I use my hulu plus sub on, so without a way to watch I won't renew. I'm sure I'm not the only one so they will lose money

how do I bump up my local version number - because these repositories are returning "dependance not met" when I try to install...)-:

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - mattmartinolc - 2014-03-24

(2014-03-24, 03:36)lewis.donofrio Wrote:

how do I bump up my local version number - because these repositories are returning "dependance not met" when I try to install...)-:

I get the same if I try to use the Hulu non-beta ... use Hulu Beta addon and the dependencies error will go away. But after that it won't work anyway right now.

(2014-03-24, 03:33)Romey-Rome Wrote: Well PlayOn is OK in a bind. Transcoding quality drop is obvious even with the HD add-on. Fast navigation, but Artwork quality is garbage. No seeking. Think it'll resume though.

I wonder if it's possible to run a variant of rtmpsrv/rtmpdumphelper on a Windows box, and act that as a proxy between Hulu > XBMC. But I don't know. I think they use the same libs at the core.

There has got to be a way on grab the raw video stream on a legitimate player (Window in this case) and do as you please with it.
Just pissin' in the wind. I Don't mess with Windows much.

I didn't renew my PlayOn licence because Hulu was working on the Pi. Netflix was the only thing left to solve and they claimed to have a fix for that with the upcoming linXBMC so I was happy to wait. The transcoding is choppy playback from PlayOn even with my Phenom Quad Core processor and 16GB of RAM. Looks like I will have to renew the license for now. Sad.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - lewis.donofrio - 2014-03-24

oh and I'm not asking about getting hulu working just many other addon's that are version locked like this and want a global solution so I can at least try to see what works out here....