Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

- bigdogeh - 2012-01-31

thxs for such a quick response bluecop. Just glad that there is still a chance I can get things back working like they were yesterday and the day before. I may start by just trying a couple of different proxies. might just be something as simple as that possibly. I'm using atv2, 4.4.4, and Eden b2. hulu version is your latest 3.3.3. I have tried some compiling in the past but it isn't one of my strongpoints... maybe pull up a logfile. I'll start with the simple stuff first.
Have a good one,
bigdogeh.

Got it to work finally - javy - 2012-01-31

Thanks BlueCop for your help.

I think I may have muddled through this but the following are the steps I took. To anyone, please feel free to correct and post a more direct way to help others. I am no expert just writing down what I learned.

System:
Ubuntu 11.10 32-bit (up-to-date), XBMC Eden Beta 2.

Problem:
Had a handshaking protocol error, which was clearly indicated in the xbmc.log.

Code:
23:00:18 T:2895088496  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
23:00:18 T:2895088496 WARNING: HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 6, server answered 9
23:00:18 T:2895088496 WARNING: HandShake: Server not genuine Adobe!
23:00:18 T:2895088496   ERROR: RTMP_Connect1, handshake failed.
23:00:18 T:2895088496   ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening

Seems Ubuntu 11.10 came with RTMPDump v2.3 by default that does not support RTMPE type 9 handshaking protocols necessary for this plugin to work.

Solution:
Luckily BlueCop was gracious enough to point a newb like me in the right direction and told me to update my RTMPdump protocols to version 2.4.

1) Ran the following from my home directoy, which cloned the repository into my rtmpdump directory
sudo git clone git://git.ffmpeg.org/rtmpdump

2) Changed into the librtmp directory
cd /home/rtmpdump/librtmp

3) Ran the make file
sudo make install prefix=/usr
-->This did not work, completely Sad

4) Launched Synaptic and searched for "rtmpdump"
5) Noticed rtmpdump was now the correct 2.4 version but librtmp0 was still using 2.3, so I marked librtmp0 for upgrade and applied
-->It works now! Nod

Awesome. Thanks again BlueCop for your help and providing the plugin. Is there a place I could donate?

- BlueCop - 2012-01-31

javy: sorry I didn't think about dependencies to compile. glad you got it working.

I suggest people donate to XBMC. It is the really amazing part. It hardware accelerates on so many platforms. It runs on everything and can play just about anything.

- artrafael - 2012-01-31

BlueCop Wrote:artrafael: those fixes are up. thanks again. it is version 3.3.3

Thanks for the quick turnaround, BlueCop. Just upgraded to 3.3.3 and those affected functions work flawlessly! Also appreciate all the enhancements you've been putting in along with the fixes. This is definitely my favorite XBMC add-on!

- CRAIG6928 - 2012-01-31

hi sorted it out now it was my proxy that reset to default

that why the error was coming up

thanks

- dongdong - 2012-01-31

CRAIG6928 Wrote:this version of hulu is not working for me 3.3.3

downgraded the xbmc to the last update tried version XBMC Eden Beta 2

hulu is still comes up script error

tried different settings say loading then next screen is blank

can anyone tell me how to fix this as the wife wants her hulu fix Sad
did they change something on there website to stop outside the usa from watching shows

it was working at the weekend as i did a free trail for a proxy service.

using the older type apple tv with the 160gb hard drive

thank you

Script error is normally due to plugin not working correctly. Maybe you want to extract the log and paste the link here for bluecop to troubleshoot? See page 1 for how to extract your log.

- myws01 - 2012-01-31

Hi Bluecop,
Hulu was working flawlessly last week but this week is not. Whenever I try to play a tv show it will just run for 1 sec and then stop and goes back to the previous screen. Can you help.

http://pastebin.com/BpQ0CTDg

Thank you.

- pkscout - 2012-01-31

myws01 Wrote:Hi Bluecop,
Hulu was working flawlessly last week but this week is not. Whenever I try to play a tv show it will just run for 1 sec and then stop and goes back to the previous screen.

I can see in the log where the plugin is requesting the stream and getting it back in a different format that it asked for (HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 6, server answered 9). I'm pretty sure that's what's causing the error, because just after that the script errors out.

If you haven't yet, go in to the settings and turn off all the ad options and see if that changes things any. You may also want to try a different CDN and/or different stream rate.

- bigdogeh - 2012-01-31

bigdogeh Wrote:thxs for such a quick response bluecop. Just glad that there is still a chance I can get things back working like they were yesterday and the day before. I may start by just trying a couple of different proxies. might just be something as simple as that possibly. I'm using atv2, 4.4.4, and Eden b2. hulu version is your latest 3.3.3. I have tried some compiling in the past but it isn't one of my strongpoints... maybe pull up a logfile. I'll start with the simple stuff first.
Have a good one,
bigdogeh.

OK, i tried a couple of different proxies and didn't have any luck. Just thought I'd submit a logfile if someone might have a chance to have a look at it. I do see a couple of errors that may relate to bluecops remarks adressed to my issues....This is the first logfile I've submitted with xbmc so hoping I did OK. Please let me know if I need any other info or if anything is out of line.
thxs,
bigdogeh

http://pastebin.com/m46bu6Yq

- BlueCop - 2012-01-31

Quote:<error type="anonymous_proxy"><![CDATA[Based on your IP address, we noticed you are trying to access Hulu through an anonymous proxy tool. Hulu is not currently available outside the U.S. If you're in the U.S., you'll need to disable your anonymizer to access videos on Hulu.<br/><br/>If you think you're receiving this message in error, please submit <a href="http://www.hulu.com/support/geofilter_form"><u>this form</u></a>.]]></error>

I don't support international usage. Do not ask for support on bypassing geographic filtering technologies. I explained this in the first post I thought.

The proxy is your responsibility.

I only put in proxy so people did not have to pay for vpn or dns unblocking services.

Thank you for all your help - mattsidnell - 2012-02-01

Bluecop,

Thank you so much for all your help and replying so quickly. Hulu is working very well now that I have disabled ads.

Matt

- vansmak - 2012-02-01

Bluecop -

goes without saying that you've done an amazing job and I don't think you and the other coders get nearly enough credit for the countless hours you put into these projects! Thank you!!

I have a question, can you elaborate on how the setviewmode variables work in the menu.py? My Skin is Aeon Nox and I'm trying to set the views to match those in the Aeon Skin, mainly episode view. I appears that if I change the confluence_view numbers it affects the "tree of views" as you navigate deeper into the hulu menus, but after plugging 50+ numbers (starting with 500 and moving up to 550), I can't seem to sync it to the Aeon Nox "Episode" view. If you can't tell by reading this, my skill set can be best described as a "hack". Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!!

- bigdogeh - 2012-02-01

BlueCop Wrote:I don't support international usage. Do not ask for support on bypassing geographic filtering technologies. I explained this in the first post I thought.

The proxy is your responsibility.

I only put in proxy so people did not have to pay for vpn or dns unblocking services.

My appologies for bringing this up. It won't happen again. I'll checkout the first post in this thread again... After using this software and seeing how nice it works, I probably would purchase a hulu+ account, but unfortunately we Canadians don't have that option. Hopefully we will have it in the future.
thxs bluecop.

- jmontana - 2012-02-01

I can't get anything to play. It will always play the first ad, and then it drops back to the previous screen. I tried switching CDNs and playing with some settings, but I can't get it to work. I'm hoping this log file will help. I noticed it said something about being behind a proxy, but I'm not. And I have the option turned off in the Hulu plugin.

http://pastebin.com/Wibk5BDb

- BlueCop - 2012-02-01

jmontana: it is blocking your ip address