Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

- BlueCop - 2012-02-02

I was going to cull threads for helpful and cool users.

I am tired of telling people to search for things. I think it is rude to ask a quesiont when you know you can find the answer yourself. example: how to find log files.

- kreeturez - 2012-02-02

BlueCop Wrote:i want to make a closed community that you need to be invited into.

limiting ussage helps us keep the load on hulu low. this keeps them off our back.

publicity kills this plugin everytime. if it gets covered on a major blog then it will be down in a week because it forces hulus hand.

Taking into account the number of users that may have purchased Plus subs (myself included) due to this addon - coupled with the preliminary Ad support - I would hope Hulu sees the value of this kind of thing.
Plus, their own Hulu Desktop client just plain sucks!!!

- Zeee1 - 2012-02-02

BlueCop Wrote:I was going to cull threads for helpful and cool users.

I am tired of telling people to search for things. I think it is rude to ask a quesiont when you know you can find the answer yourself. example: how to find log files.

BC, I am at fault for asking that question, and I understand where your coming from. I was new to the whole process when I asked the question, and I agree with your decision.

Zeee1

- vansmak - 2012-02-02

BC - Sorry to hear about your decision to take your work 'underground', although I completely understand and support your decision. I've been a long time (and mostly silent) follower, and have always appreicated the efforts you've put into the coding AND support of this script. Hope to be 'invited' but nevertheless, you shouldn't have to deal with the high-school antics of some.....

Best of Luck!
Thanks again!

-VS

- apw2607 - 2012-02-02

It's sad to see it go (and all the other excellent add-ons you have built). It gave my atv2 a 2nd life. However I understand your decision and reasons. Good luck to you.

- kealan - 2012-02-02

Bluecop You shouldn't have to deal with any negativity from people when all your doing is providing a fantastic free service. Thanks for all your great work and your time and I'm sure most of us will support any decision you make.

- isaacn - 2012-02-02

Hey Bluecop - Totally bummed about the decision. I understand why you wouldn't want to put up with crap from people, though.

I haven't had a chance to test this at home yet, but will the existing hulu plugin still work, if it's on my ATV2, or will it stop working now? I'm assuming it'll continue to work, but I only got the box a few days ago and am a serious noob with xbmc. Like, I only got xbmc to get the hulu plugin Wink

If not, would you be willing to open your repo for a short period of announced time, so those of us who didn't see your message till the repo was closed can grab the code?

I understand if not -- your work is your own, and I'd hate to be in your position. But it can't hurt to ask...

- fotoshack - 2012-02-02

XBMC will be much less useful without your addons, but I understand why you don't want to deal with it. Some people don't seem to realize this isn't a paying gig for you and demand way to much attention.

Thanks for keeping it going as long as you have!

- TheCasa - 2012-02-02

This is really disappointing BC. I totally understand where you're coming from though. I've tried to defend you against the "takers" that want everything given to them without doing even a quick search on their own.

Would you please consider me as one to add to your closed community? I'll do my best to be respectful of your work and your time. I'll provide a testing ground for new features and provide feedback any way I can.

In either case, thanks for your work.

- Zeee1 - 2012-02-02

isaacn Wrote:Hey Bluecop - Totally bummed about the decision. I understand why you wouldn't want to put up with crap from people, though.

I haven't had a chance to test this at home yet, but will the existing hulu plugin still work, if it's on my ATV2, or will it stop working now? I'm assuming it'll continue to work, but I only got the box a few days ago and am a serious noob with xbmc. Like, I only got xbmc to get the hulu plugin Wink

If not, would you be willing to open your repo for a short period of announced time, so those of us who didn't see your message till the repo was closed can grab the code?

I understand if not -- your work is your own, and I'd hate to be in your position. But it can't hurt to ask...

Isaacn, I think you can still get the plugin here if you need it. I have not tested it yet. I'm not sure if BC will remove it from this location.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Unofficial_add-on_repositories

Zeee1

- matthoffman - 2012-02-02

Thanks for the amazing time you put into the Hulu plugin. Sorry for all the negativity from others don't blame you at all for wanting to take your work underground. Would like to be part of the private group if at all possible to help test, etc.

- pkscout - 2012-02-02

Sorry to hear that, but I certainly respect the decision.

- Eric_S - 2012-02-02

Bluecop - Your decision is unfortunate but understandable. Please let me know if I can be on your invite list for the private repo. Please also consider that the XBMC devs are subject to the same nonsense that you speak of. I often do not know what keeps them going. I, and countless others, are greatly appreciative that folks like you put your creativity towards the public's benefit. It's just to bad that a few rotten apples spoil the bunch.

- Zeee1 - 2012-02-02

Eric_S Wrote:Bluecop - Your decision is unfortunate but understandable. Please let me know if I can be on your invite list for the private repo. Please also consider that the XBMC devs are subject to the same nonsense that you speak of. I often do not know what keeps them going. I, and countless others, are greatly appreciative that folks like you put your creativity towards the public's benefit. It's just to bad that a few rotten apples spoil the bunch.

BC, I second Eric's comment. Please let me know what I can do to help, as well as what I need to do to be invited to your private forum.

Thanks Again,

Zeee1

- duc999s - 2012-02-02

I have terrible timing. Did the untethered jb to my Atv2 and lose the Hulu plugin.

I found the zip file for the repo, but I guess this isn't valid anymore is it?

If anyone has any advice on getting Hulu back, I'd love to hear it.