Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

- Eyefro69 - 2012-02-04

really appreciate all the hard work you have put in. I have been using your work for a while, with no errors, and hate to see idiots saying dumb things. Best of luck to ya man!!

- Pednick - 2012-02-04

No offense but I feel I have to say this cause it looks so obvious to me but these wankers that offended Bluecop look like they're cable investors and/or MPAA fanbois who purposely made accounts here so that the can cause someone so much grieve as to drive them to delete their addons, in that case he's doing exactly as what they wanted him to do and like I said no offense but then "they" win.

ASCII decode error for TVShowTitle (and fix) - artrafael - 2012-02-04

Hi BlueCop,

I don't know if you're still following this thread or not, but in case you are, I encountered the following error in _menu.py when I selected TV / Recently Added / Recently Added Clips: http://pastebin.com/a1fTfLTh

I was able to fix it by changing line 180 from:
Code:
infoLabels['TVShowTitle'] = data.findtext('show_name')
to:
Code:
infoLabels['TVShowTitle'] = data.findtext('show_name').encode('utf-8')

Thanks again for all your great work and support of the XBMC community!

- maximus96 - 2012-02-04

Hi BlueCop,

I updated my xbmc live install to eden beta 2. Tried the hulu plug in and it wouldn't load after the spinning circle went away. I tried changing the streaming options from limelight, to level3, to akmai. none worked.

here is a paste of my log, immediately after xbmc told me it failed to play one or more files.

http://pastebin.com/5UqYjLC0

The plug in works in my other eden beta 2 installs (atv2 and ipad2), I'd love to have it work on my main tv. Can you please help?

Thank you

- cgebke - 2012-02-04

First, thanks BlueCop for making such a great add-on, sorry to see you go.

Secondly, I was hoping someone could help me with 2 very small problems. Hulu runs great. The first issue, which I've read other people ask about but didn't find a solution, was if the queue could be alphabetized. Latest I could find was that it could not.

Next, I read that the add-on supported stop/resume. If I stop a show and start it again, it starts over. Is there a button I need to toggle to have this feature? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:( - freebs - 2012-02-04

Always a few that ruin it for the many...

Thanks for all your hard work!! It didn't go unnoticed... Nod

- pkscout - 2012-02-04

cgebke Wrote:First, thanks BlueCop for making such a great add-on, sorry to see you go.

Secondly, I was hoping someone could help me with 2 very small problems. Hulu runs great. The first issue, which I've read other people ask about but didn't find a solution, was if the queue could be alphabetized. Latest I could find was that it could not.

Next, I read that the add-on supported stop/resume. If I stop a show and start it again, it starts over. Is there a button I need to toggle to have this feature? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

No, you can not alphabetize the queue. Stop/resume works only under Eden (AFAIK). There is no setting for it.

- artrafael - 2012-02-04

maximus96 Wrote:Hi BlueCop,

I updated my xbmc live install to eden beta 2. Tried the hulu plug in and it wouldn't load after the spinning circle went away. I tried changing the streaming options from limelight, to level3, to akmai. none worked.

here is a paste of my log, immediately after xbmc told me it failed to play one or more files.

http://pastebin.com/5UqYjLC0

The plug in works in my other eden beta 2 installs (atv2 and ipad2), I'd love to have it work on my main tv. Can you please help?

Thank you

Hi maximus96,

The message "WARNING: HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 6, server answered 9" seems to indicate you need to update rtmpdump on that system. Check previous posts in this thread for instructions on how to do this.

Seperate Dubbed and Subtitled? - japzone - 2012-02-04

On some shows (especially Anime) the there are Two Versions of the Same Episode. One Version is English Dubbed while the other is Foriegn Dubbed with English Subtitles. Would it be possible to sepperate these from each other like Hulu does on their Site? Right now they're all lumped together and I can't tell which is the Dub and which the Sub without Playing the Episode.

Here's an Example Show that is both Dubbed and Subbed:
http://www.hulu.com/fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood

- artrafael - 2012-02-05

japzone Wrote:On some shows (especially Anime) the there are Two Versions of the Same Episode. One Version is English Dubbed while the other is Foriegn Dubbed with English Subtitles. Would it be possible to sepperate these from each other like Hulu does on their Site? Right now they're all lumped together and I can't tell which is the Dub and which the Sub without Playing the Episode.

Here's an Example Show that is both Dubbed and Subbed:
http://www.hulu.com/fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood

Hulu Desktop lumps all these episodes together too (two versions, with no distinction between subbed and dubbed). If I'm not mistaken, the Hulu add-on presents itself to hulu.com as "huludesktop" to retrieve program information. So, if Hulu Desktop lumps them together, that is the same way you'll see them in the Hulu add-on.

- kreeturez - 2012-02-05

artrafael Wrote:Hulu Desktop lumps all these episodes together too (two versions, with no distinction between subbed and dubbed). If I'm not mistaken, the Hulu add-on presents itself to hulu.com as "huludesktop" to retrieve program information. So, if Hulu Desktop lumps them together, that is the same way you'll see them in the Hulu add-on.

Noticed this also in the short time I used (i.e. 'subjected' myself ;-) to Hulu Desktop.
Unless there's additional non-visible show information that the plugin could use to do this...

- BlueCop - 2012-02-05

artrafael: there is a language field for audio. If I could assign language code for the audio then you could see the difference. You would also see codec, resolution, etc.

This isn't possible in XBMC right now

This feature was requested about 2 years ago here. I made a thread trying to figure how to do it before I discovered the request.

someone made patch to close it but it hasn't been accepted. 144 (PR)

I dunno what is holding it up. I gave up on trying to request features a long time ago really and just work with what is available.

It would be possible to append the audio language to the name like the (HD) tag. I would also like to include subtitle information so people know if it has subs and what language.

I hated the idea of a long string of appendages to the name though. I was thinking of add (CC) for close captions. The has captions tag isn't accurate though.

right now the "has captions" tag will determine if you have context menu for "Play with subtitles" and "assign subtitles". So if those exist the the has captions is tagged as true. I thought this field was accurate when I wrote it but some videos have subs but their "has captions" field is blank.

So if I included audio language , caption availability, and the HD tag then it would just look ugly. It is frustrating because there are already displays in XBMC to show these differences but they can't be set in plugins.

- japzone - 2012-02-05

BlueCop Wrote:artrafael: there is a language field for audio. If I could assign language code for the audio then you could see the difference. You would also see codec, resolution, etc.

This isn't possible in XBMC right now

This feature was requested about 2 years ago here. I made a thread trying to figure how to do it before I discovered the request.

someone made patch to close it but it hasn't been accepted. 144 (PR)

I dunno what is holding it up. I gave up on trying to request features a long time ago really and just work with what is available.

It would be possible to append the audio language to the name like the (HD) tag. I would also like to include subtitle information so people know if it has subs and what language.

I hated the idea of a long string of appendages to the name though. I was thinking of add (CC) for close captions. The has captions tag isn't accurate though.

right now the "has captions" tag will determine if you have context menu for "Play with subtitles" and "assign subtitles". So if those exist the the has captions is tagged as true. I thought this field was accurate when I wrote it but some videos have subs but their "has captions" field is blank.

So if I included audio language , caption availability, and the HD tag then it would just look ugly. It is frustrating because there are already displays in XBMC to show these differences but they can't be set in plugins.
Knowing if the Video isn't in English would be enough for people like me to figure out if it has subtitles or not. Would it be possible to add a Setting Option to add Spoken Language Tags if a person wants to? I'd find them useful but I'm sure other people would just find them annoying. Making it Optional and "Off" by Default would be nice. You could even just have an optional "Foreign" tag for non-English audio since Hulu is US only anyway.

- BlueCop - 2012-02-05

I would rather push for the feature to be implemented then work around it any more.

- japzone - 2012-02-05

BlueCop Wrote:I would rather push for the feature to be implemented then work around it any more.
That's kind of dissapointing, but if you feel it's too much of a pain I'll respect your wishes. Guess I'll just have to live with trying each episode to see which is which for now.