Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

- fondary - 2012-02-16

\o/ Thank you BlueCop !

- Zeee1 - 2012-02-16

kreeturez Wrote:The best news I've heard all week. Thanks for sharing your endless hours of work - and for putting up with the occasional moron among our forums, BlueCop!

Donation time, indeed!

Thank you BlueCop.

- apw2607 - 2012-02-16

Awesome news Bluecop ... As I sit here watching last night the river in glorious 720p via Hulu plus on my atv2 with xbmc and your plugin :-) IMO its better than the ps3 hulu app and leaps and bounds better than the Hulu app on my sony Bravia tv

- Eric_S - 2012-02-16

BlueCop Wrote:it will just remain the way it is. public and free. thanks for all the supportive people. .

That's truly good news, Bluecop. I only hope that your own sense of reward for sharing your proven talents comes at all close to our appreciation for these great tools that you develop for us.

Kindest regards.

- adamomg - 2012-02-16

Thank you Bluecop. I do wish you accepted donations.

I'll give Eden a try and report back.

- emilsvennesson - 2012-02-16

Thanks BlueCop!

- docmichael - 2012-02-16

Thanks for all your work on this BlueCop,looking forward to update!

- adamomg - 2012-02-16

I have confirmed that adding Hulu pages (Subscriptions, TV Shows, ect.) to favorites will work in Eden.

However, it does not save the view mode when moving through content such as TV Show names, seasons, episodes. If you use a skin without view modes such as XeeBo, then it works fine. I use Aeon Nox which offers different a lot of different view types.

- BlueCop - 2012-02-16

adamomg: uncheck "enable set view" in the add-on settings.

- BlueCop - 2012-02-17

I committed an update that should work better for library exporting. It is just the beginning right now. It should fix some problems with movie exports.

It allows your to set a custom suffix for the title of episodes or movies.

You can also control if NFOs are created for Movies or Episodes.

I removed tvshow.nfo creation because if ends up creating multiply shows if the show was already in your library. It is also prettier to get proper fanart and info from tvdb through XBMC for the show.

Movie NFO creation is disable by default so it can also get better poster and fanart from other databases.

There is also an option to Clear your library directories. This will remove all strm and nfo files exported. This is on context items on Queue and Subscriptions. This is just temporary till I finish an expiration db system. You can clear your current list of expired items by removing this before re-exporting.

anyway this is just the first step. I wanted to change code around for the coming changes. I should be able to various other types(popular?) of list exporting very easily now.

I am going to add Top Movies, Top Shows and Top Episode exporting. You will be able to choose the amount of each you should export.

would anyone like any other ways to export items into your library? The top listings will allow exporting without a hulu account.

I am going to also add an option to export all full episodes and/or full movies. I don't want auto-update for these because it would be unnecessary hammering.

Does anyone have an idea for a better way to set up exporting?

I was thinking a series of dialogs to setup library exporting. This will just configure your settings for you essentially and explain to you what is happening.

Thanks, BlueCop - jmuck78 - 2012-02-17

Can't thank you enough for your plugins, BlueCop. I've been a silent user for sometime, and I am ecstatic you've decided to leave this public.

- amirite - 2012-02-17

What about an option to update the library at a specific time of day, even if it were hardcoded? Seems to me there isn't a need to update the plugin more than once a day, seeing as Hulu doesn't post episodes in the middle of the day (do they?).

- BlueCop - 2012-02-17

amirite: this is possible with a XBMC Library Updater Addon updated by pkscuot.

you can check it out the post here.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=1015350&postcount=49

- binarybomber - 2012-02-17

BLUECOP YOU ARE AWESOME! Thank you soo much for continuing your hard work on these plugins! I've been using XBMC for the last 4 months and love it (slowly getting the wife on board as well). Hulu, ESPN, FreeCable are my top used plugins...To me, and alot of folks here, your plugins are what really make XBMC THE top HTPC software. Kindest regards, and warm wishes!

- 13car - 2012-02-17

Bluecop thank you very much for all of your addons! I had the same error as Sprale a few pages back and updating the eden beta 3 from dharma corrected it.

unrelated note, but i just checked out the vevo app and i'm very please with it Smile