Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

- jmontana - 2012-02-17

Hey, psyched that this addon is continuing! Thank you, bluecop. I just tried this with Eden 3, and my first attempt to watch failed. Any thoughts based on this log?

http://pastebin.com/hXL2wk1Z

- pkscout - 2012-02-17

jmontana Wrote:Hey, psyched that this addon is continuing! Thank you, bluecop. I just tried this with Eden 3, and my first attempt to watch failed. Any thoughts based on this log?

http://pastebin.com/hXL2wk1Z

Two things to try. First, I saw something in the log that indicates to me that you are using Limewire for the CDN. YMMV, but I have had nothing but bad luck trying to use Limewire as the CDN. Try changing to Akamai. If you have any of the ad stuff turned on, turn it off. That at least gets us a starting point.

- sirmeili - 2012-02-17

Bluecop,

Thanks for keeping it public. I'm not a python dev, but I am a developer and I've already played around with Python a little bit without issue. If you ever need any help with any of your plugins, let me know. I don't have tons of free time, but I don't mind helping out at all. I'll also donate a few buck to XMBC with the tickets you've supplied in hopes of getting those some attention.

Thanks again Smile

- cgebke - 2012-02-18

Great news Bluecop. Thank you. I second the donations comment. I would definitely like someway to thank you for all your hard work.

- BlueCop - 2012-02-18

I added some context menus to export popular items. It is based on your popular per page setting. You can export the most popular movies, shows, or episodes. These are context items on root Popular listing.

There is also an option to export all full movies as a context item on "Movies". There is also an option for all full episodes on the TV item. The full movies export is really quick and will dump with very few requests. The full episodes is slower because it requires many requests. I put in a built in delay between requests to slow it down. it takes a bit to output all the full episodes.

A notification comes up when any export via a context item is complete.

I will switch the default CDN to akamia in the next update. It seems to be the problem for many.

- jmontana - 2012-02-18

pkscuot Wrote:Two things to try. First, I saw something in the log that indicates to me that you are using Limewire for the CDN. YMMV, but I have had nothing but bad luck trying to use Limewire as the CDN. Try changing to Akamai. If you have any of the ad stuff turned on, turn it off. That at least gets us a starting point.

Strange, I had it set on Akamai. Anyway, I turned off all ads, and set it to Ask for quality. If I choose "24fps Medium Akamai" it works! Quality is not great, but it's watchable. What I can't figure out is what does "Medium" translate to in the Settings? Is that one of the 480 options?

Hulu+ - umOuch - 2012-02-19

Let me know if I need a paste in for this...

Hulu + not working. The app on my iPad is showing more shows than the app on my ATV2.

All settings are correctly set with in the settings menu.

- treadfreepress - 2012-02-19

Hey Bluecop, I am mostly a lurker on this forum as I don't have a lot to contribute as I far from an expert. It is enough for me just to try and keep up with all the changes and updates. I registered today because after reading the last 20 pages on this thread I just wanted to let you know that there are many of us out there who really appreciate all your hard work.

Your plugins helped turn my Apple TV into an incredible device, what it should have been out of the box. I use Hulu for almost every show I watch now because of your plugin. Of all the plugins for XBMC, yours are the best. So thanks from a member of the silent majority.

I know there are some unappreciative jerks out there but that is true in all facets of life. Please don't let them get to you. Your plugins are awesome and there are many more of us who really love your work. I imagine it must take up a lot of your free time, I'm not sure because I can't do what you do. I am just a happy end user who seems smart to my friends because I know how to get Hulu on my Apple TV lol. In reality, I'm just really good at reading a message board and following instructions. But please know that just because we don't speak up all the time doesn't mean we aren't out there. Thanks again man and please keep up the great work. Big Grin

- pkscout - 2012-02-19

Abrasher Wrote:Let me know if I need a paste in for this...

Yup.

- TheCasa - 2012-02-19

After watching a Hulu, Amazon, Freecable, etc stream, if XBMC goes to screensaver, it crashes. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the addons or with b3. Here's the log. Let me know if I'm missing something on my end.

http://pastebin.com/d7M142yD

- 1QWK510 - 2012-02-20

Just wanted to say thanks Bluecop this works great for my hulu + needs.

- Elixxen - 2012-02-20

Hello. Thank you for this wonderful plug-in and for all your hard work with it.

For two days now I've been trying to get XBMC to scan strm files into my library but I'm about to pull my own hair out cause no matter what I do I can't get it to work. My problem is that I can't seem to find any strm files at all. I have pointed out a custom folder to which I want my strm files to be dumped and from my understanding the plugin is supposed to create these for me automatically from my subscription list. I've done everything that's included in the first post but still no files show up. I updated the library, restarted xbmc etc etc. I have two TV shows on my subscribe list that I want to be able to scan in the my XBMC library and potentially use with PseudoTV but I'm about to give up. Am I missing something? It feels like I've tried everything. Maybe I'm just plain stupid. At least it feels like I am at this point. Help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

- bradvido88 - 2012-02-20

Elixxen Wrote:d from my understanding the plugin is supposed to create these for me automatically from my subscription list.
You have to export them by going to the context menu when you have subscriptions highlighted, then export.

You can also set up an automatic export, instructions are in first post.

- Elixxen - 2012-02-20

bradvido88 Wrote:You have to export them by going to the context menu when you have subscriptions highlighted, then export.

You can also set up an automatic export, instructions are in first post.

Oh wow thank you so much for your reply! Finally got it working thank you you. Smile I'm so happy right now haha

- ialand - 2012-02-20

ok this is kinda strange. On Eden B3, open the plug in up. Try to play anything. I get the 1st advert then it quits with "can't find next item in list" (sorry, not near the TV to get the exact message). Plays the ad lovely, but not the actual program.