Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - bladeds - 2012-03-26

It means the dns is not working , what dns did you update it to ?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - swv11n - 2012-03-27

(2012-03-26, 21:43)bladeds Wrote: It means the dns is not working , what dns did you update it to ?

I tried 2 different Unotelly DNS's - both failed. I also noticed that using these DNS's caused the RSS feeds to stop in XBMC. When I reverted back to DHCP the feeds started again & the Hulu plugin worked (though geo-blocked of course).

Unotelly = massive fail

I might try unblock-us

-cheers

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - bladeds - 2012-03-27

I use unblock-us and it works for me

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - pkscout - 2012-03-27

EDIT: I'm leaving this here just in case, but as of 4:45pm things seem to have resolved themselves. I didn't make any changes, but I noticed a few minutes ago that the 4:45pm auto update I have set to run got the Colbert Report and Being Human into my library, and both now show in the hulu addon queue list. Stange.

This morning I noticed that none of the stuff I thought should be in my queue was loaded into my library. I checked my Hulu queue via the web site, and the shows were in there (Daily Show, Colbert Report, and Being Human). When I check my Hulu queue in XBMC though, it shows only one show that was added last week (Nikita). And if I browse to any of them, the episode list doesn't show the most recent episode. I can search for the show and get back the most recent episode, but even from there I can't add it to my queue.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the hulu plugin and deleted my settings and the token.xml file. I'm getting the same behavior on my OSX and Windows machine running the final Eden version.

Here's a debug log:

http://pastebin.com/MK0MYCtX

That logs steps through the following:
1- launch XBMC
2- open the Hulu program and go to my queue
3- see there is only one show listed instead of 4
4- go to search and search for Daily Show
5- find the episode that should be showing up in my queue and try and add it
6- get a message saying operation failed
7- quit XBMC

Thanks.

EDIT: I just did a search for yesterday's Daily Show and then watched it. I have the hulu addon set to delete from queue after watching, and that worked. I still can't see anything added after Saturday to my queue, but after checking the hulu web site, the episode of the Daily Show I just watched did get deleted from the queue.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - bonzo - 2012-03-29

I downloaded this program last fall and just got around to trying it out. I have XBMC set to auto update so I believe I'm running the newest version. I have XBMC installed on Windows 7 and I can play videos fine in Chrome from hulu. When I switch over to XBMC (Eden and using Metropolis skin) I see the network logo play, and then it looks like the show is loading. I then get an error 100061 and says that the server refused the connection. Sorry for no logs yet but I just wanted to post quickly to see if I had missed something in the setup.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - pkscout - 2012-03-29

(2012-03-29, 20:24)bonzo Wrote: I downloaded this program last fall and just got around to trying it out. I have XBMC set to auto update so I believe I'm running the newest version. I have XBMC installed on Windows 7 and I can play videos fine in Chrome from hulu. When I switch over to XBMC (Eden and using Metropolis skin) I see the network logo play, and then it looks like the show is loading. I then get an error 100061 and says that the server refused the connection. Sorry for no logs yet but I just wanted to post quickly to see if I had missed something in the setup.

The second question after "do you have logs" is always "are you in the US?" If you aren't you'll have to figure out a way to work around the geolocking Hulu does. There are plenty of posts in this thread about that.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - bonzo - 2012-03-29

I am not in the US but I do use unblock-US. In my post I also state that I can watch Hulu as normal using Chrome, just not in XBMC.

Solved it. Free Cable was giving the same error so I moved XBMC out of Program files x86

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90776

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - wingerdinger - 2012-03-31

Would love this to work in the uk on apple tv. Such a shame as this looks good and the streaming quality is brilliant

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - CliffDillard - 2012-04-05

Does the Queue only work for Hulu Plus and not Hulu?
I have a Hulu account and use the Queue via PlayOn and Roku but when I try to activate login with the add on I get a script error. Add on works when I turn the flag off but I then lose my access to a Queue.
Thanks

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - pkscout - 2012-04-05

(2012-04-05, 18:56)CliffDillard Wrote: Does the Queue only work for Hulu Plus and not Hulu?
I have a Hulu account and use the Queue via PlayOn and Roku but when I try to activate login with the add on I get a script error. Add on works when I turn the flag off but I then lose my access to a Queue.
Thanks

Queue works fine for either normal or Hulu Plus accounts. Please post a debug log.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - four86 - 2012-04-06

I'm having an issue where when I right-click on my subscription and add to library, it puts every tv show in to one directory titled somethign like "al shows" or something like that. Please advise.

Thanks!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - wilson.joe - 2012-04-06

Your not being very specific here, in the hulu Video Plugin setting there is an option
for them to go to a default directory in the plugin directory or a custom directory
say Hulu.. and in that directory are two subdirectories created one for movies and one
for tv shows, the one for movies will put all the movies in the one directory the tv shows
will got into the tv show subdirectory with a subdirectory for each tv show.

(2012-04-06, 04:54)four86 Wrote: I'm having an issue where when I right-click on my subscription and add to library, it puts every tv show in to one directory titled somethign like "al shows" or something like that. Please advise.

Thanks!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - LangTuSJ - 2012-04-06

Hi,

I followed the instruction but still did not get any caption. I'm running Eden 11 from the download page on Windows 7. Could you please let me know if there's anything else I can try?

Thanks,

Stanley

(2012-03-24, 00:24)BlueCop Wrote: bboo: from the first post.

(2012-01-25, 22:34)BlueCop Wrote: Enable Captions - Enabling this will cause the plugin to download, decrypt, and convert the subtitles to srt. It is slowed on atv2 because of the encryption. You have to disabled pre-roll ads(see below) for subtitles to work due to the way they are assigned.

there are also context items on videos

"Play with subtitles"
and
"Assign Subtitles"

The first will play the video with subtitles enabled regardless of your settings.

The second will assign the subtitles for the selected video to the currently playing video. This is so if you are already watching the episode then you can select this on its file item to enable subtitles for it.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - ailingcoot - 2012-04-06

The 'pause' doesn't work, it will stop instead of resuming after you click "play" again.
any ideas?
thanks

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Fly100 - 2012-04-07

Got kinda lost in all this, so im goin to ask outright ( flame suit at ready)

Apple TV 2
latest version of XBMC
Hulu 3.4.4
Ublock 'large country' working.
Hulu acct created and login details added to ATV2
UK resident

Plays advert at starts then returns to the listings.

From what I have read ( most of the 45 pages) it did work and now it does not. Can anyone confirm im correct please..

As ever thanks in advance.

FLY