Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - jmuck78 - 2012-05-17

(2012-05-17, 21:32)timmymaxi Wrote: Hi,

I am experiencing some probs with Hulu too. It worked for months without any trouble, but suddenly it is not anymore. When I try to load an episode (DailyShow), then I see the circle moving at the bottom right corner for a short time, then it seems as if it was loading, but then it stops and tells me to check the log file.

Any Idea what I can do to fix this? I already tried to uninstall / reinstall the add-on, but didn't help either.
Oh, if it is of any importance: I experience the same problems with FreeCable, for some reason? Also used to work like a charm for a while.

Here is the recent log-file: http://pastebin.com/JAtJYNAq

What operating system do you use? Can you play hulu videos through your web browser on the same machine? Updated flash?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - DynomiteKid - 2012-05-17

Hi guys. Been using the Apple TV with Hulu great for the past few months but just in the last few days nothing seems to be working. Much like the previous poster, I would select a TV Show to watch and it would attempt to stream but error out saying "check the log file". Here's the error I'm getting during streaming:

Code:
13:20:26 T:152006656  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
13:20:26 T:152006656 WARNING: HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 6, server answered 9
13:20:27 T:152006656  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
13:20:27 T:152006656   ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
13:20:27 T:152006656 WARNING: could not find codec parameters for rtmpe://cp39466.edgefcs.net/ondemand?sessionid=sessionId&auth=daEdVa_dUbBazclb1aLcmbbcObAarbzbRd_-bpTv1U-c0-3nIExDuYFzn&aifp=sll02152008&slist=hulu14/913/60050913;.international=false&hgt=OZU7Pvs7j27-nhteNno7wkgZ3MNl4ZH8X3hkqbQyAqjr47yIFV-ebFS3xfNv-xV_AWYr1gH1rWXaL08n-DtjQyMXNFvo3_e_EYjBr6Ni6iQIEdFj1bxGZJ8m1OPQc1iF430lQBZEGMOr0dddzkwAizAhwmGTGSM6ZRYfVkiTXCRxXEImk5OpULyjvVxtYBduJIL9n_R7ko-quHTtI9IIKR7tMgPTUx6cMsDuRG6_A6c6ssz9YxqMZR9g2-VPjgGF&hgt_ver=331370278 app=ondemand?sessionid=sessionId&auth=daEdVa_dUbBazclb1aLcmbbcObAarbzbRd_-bpTv1U-c0-3nIExDuYFzn&aifp=sll02152008&slist=hulu14/913/60050913;.international=false&hgt=OZU7Pvs7j27-nhteNno7wkgZ3MNl4ZH8X3hkqbQyAqjr47yIFV-ebFS3xfNv-xV_AWYr1gH1rWXaL08n-DtjQyMXNFvo3_e_EYjBr6Ni6iQIEdFj1bxGZJ8m1OPQc1iF430lQBZEGMOr0dddzkwAizAhwmGTGSM6ZRYfVkiTXCRxXEImk5OpULyjvVxtYBduJIL9n_R7ko-quHTtI9IIKR7tMgPTUx6cMsDuRG6_A6c6ssz9YxqMZR9g2-VPjgGF&hgt_ver=331370278 playpath=mp4:hulu14/913/60050913/agave50275056_9706891_H264_3200.mp4 swfurl=http://download.hulu.com/huludesktop.swf pageurl=http://download.hulu.com/huludesktop.swf swfvfy=true stop=507166
13:20:27 T:152006656   ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
13:20:27 T:152006656  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
13:20:27 T:152006656  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
13:20:27 T:105197568   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.hulu/?url="60050913"&mode="TV_play"&videoid="341621"&eid="jPmbZ7qcmnFS5WO4X-OvVQ"]

This is on an Apple TV with iOS 5.0 (not the newer 5.0.1 released a few days ago). This is Hulu+ and I'm in the US so not using any proxies. I have tried a few things, such as replacing the librtmp.0.dylib file (mentioned in this post.) Now, I have noticed that if I change my streaming CDN from akamai to limelight Hulu seems to work. The third option, level3, also does not work.

Where this gets interesting / frustrating is with the ESPN plugin. I know this isn't the thread for the ESPN Plugin, but I get the same error when trying to view ESPN videos:

Code:
13:22:27 T:105197568 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
13:22:27 T:176877568  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
13:22:28 T:176877568   ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
13:22:28 T:176877568   ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [rtmp://cp88998.live.edgefcs.net/live/ live=1 playlist=1 subscribe=brs_tvE_espn1_ab_4@s36204 playpath=brs_tvE_espn1_ab_4@s36204?auth=daEcda.XXXXXXXXXXXX-bpTv4d-8-5xvnxJMDu&slist=brs_tvE_espn1_ab_1@s36201;brs_tvE_espn1_ab_2@s36202;brs_tvE_espn1_ab_3@s36203;brs_tvE_espn1_ab_4@s36204;brs_tvE_espn1_ab_5@s36205;brs_tvE_espn1_ab_6@s36206&aifp=v0001&cdnName=ESPN1_AB_AKAMAI]
13:22:28 T:176877568  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
13:22:28 T:176877568  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
13:22:28 T:105197568   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.espn3/?url=%26partnerContentId%3D431393%26eventId%3D%26contentId%3D&mode=6&name=SportsCenter]
13:22:28 T:105197568  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
13:22:28 T:105197568 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
13:22:28 T:105197568  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
13:22:28 T:105197568  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting

So I have a feeling this RTMP error is a system wide problem. Anyone have an ideas how to fix it? Thie is with XBMC Eden 11.0-3 (compiled Apr 1).

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - macf1an - 2012-05-17

I can confirm that erron on akamai content also.
from what I've seen so far - since yesterday akamai stopped working with the default eden librtmp
level3 works with supertv's rtmp, and apparently limelight works with bluecop's

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - timmymaxi - 2012-05-18

@jmuck78,

yes, I am also on AppleTV2 with IOS 5 and newest version of XBMC etc.

I am kinda glad, that I am not the only one experiencing these problems. I haven't tried switching to limelight, yet - will do so tonight. I am not in the US, though, but am using unblock-us. And yes, if I try to access Hulu via Macbook and unblock-us, it works great again!

Strangely, though, the Free-Calbe plugin for XBMC is not working for me either anymore...

will try limelight tonight and see what happens...

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2012-05-18

yeah.... limelight does work... just sucks 'cause you lose quality... :-(

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - thildemar - 2012-05-18

Anyone have any issues with this saving view type when using Aeon MQ3?

I set each screen to Low List and they will randomly switch back to List, is there a trick to getting it to stick?

Also in this addons options is there a way to get LowList as the default view?

Hey,

I have tried switching to limelight on my AppleTV - unfortunately it is not working ... Maybe because I am out of the US (using unblock-us)?

Can anyone, please, post what settings you have in the configuration menu of the add-on? Not sure if I miss something...

Oh, and here is the new log file...http://pastebin.com/5tEqZa3t

Thanks for your help!!!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - crawl - 2012-05-18

(2012-05-18, 19:05)timmymaxi Wrote: Hey,

I have tried switching to limelight on my AppleTV - unfortunately it is not working ... Maybe because I am out of the US (using unblock-us)?

Can anyone, please, post what settings you have in the configuration menu of the add-on? Not sure if I miss something...

Oh, and here is the new log file...http://pastebin.com/5tEqZa3t

Thanks for your help!!!

Quote:10:01:05 T:111464448 NOTICE: StorageServer-0.9.2 Storage Server starting /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/commoncache.db
10:01:32 T:112930816 WARNING: JpegIO: Error 55: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x
10:01:33 T:122621952 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:01:34 T:122621952 ERROR: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.cryptopy/lib/crypto/hash/sha1Hash.py:9: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
import sha

The commoncache.db database is hosed.

Delete the file /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/commoncache.db

Completely restart your atv2.

That file will be automatically recreated when you restart. See if that fixes it.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - laraelise - 2012-05-18

So I feel like a big dummy because I see that other people are having this problem, and I wouldn't even be able to describe it in as much detail as many of them:

I installed XBMC on my ATV2 without any (major) problems, but, like others, when I attempt to watch anything through Hulu, all I get is many, many, many commercials and no actual video. When I turn off the intro commercials, all I get is the 5-second tv-station intro, then back to the menu. If I see another Quizno's commercial I may scream. Or burn down a Quizno's.

I also have not been able to access MY Hulu Plus library through XBMC. The list doesn't seem to give me the option to do anything besides search for a show.

I also have not been able to get Free Cable shows to work. When I click on one, it just takes me to a black screen.

I'm sure I've done/not done something stupid that is making this way more complicated, but as I am definitely NOT a techie girl by any means, I'm at a loss for what to do (a friend sent me lines of code as if that would help me...). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2012-05-18

@ laraelise,

it would seem you are suffering from the same issues.
If you know how to get a debug log file, please do so and post it as recommended! see the first page for instructions.

at this time I'm waiting patiently to see if BlueCop can figure it out, or for the next Build of XBMC.

please let us know exactly which version of XBMC you are running so we can further try to investigate this issue.

On a side note. it has been discovered that the CDN - Limelight, works for now. If you go to the configure under the add-on settings, you can change it there.

hope this helps.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - laraelise - 2012-05-18

(2012-05-18, 19:51)locomot1f Wrote: @ laraelise,

it would seem you are suffering from the same issues.
If you know how to get a debug log file, please do so and post it as recommended! see the first page for instructions.

at this time I'm waiting patiently to see if BlueCop can figure it out, or for the next Build of XBMC.

please let us know exactly which version of XBMC you are running so we can further try to investigate this issue.

On a side note. it has been discovered that the CDN - Limelight, works for now. If you go to the configure under the add-on settings, you can change it there.

hope this helps.

I tried Limelight and it seems to be having the same issue. Also it keeps asking me to choose a version of Akamai even though I switched it to Limelight.

I am running XBMC11.0 - Eden (just got it last week) with an ATV2. I will post a debug log once I am not sitting at my desk at work!

Thanks for the tips - hopefully someone will find an (easy) answer to this soon!

@ crawl,

thanks for your help - I tried deleting that file, but that did not help anything, unfortunately. Limelight is not doing the trick either...

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - crawl - 2012-05-18

laraelise, locomot1f,

Sharing this here as well, as it appears that some here should try this:

***This fix is for iOS users only(iPhone, iPod, iPad, atv2)!!****

Download this librtmp: http://www.mediafire.com/?n18xpqqkgrwzggm

Use Cyberduck or PuTTy, and connect to your device.

Navigate to /private/var/stash/Applications.m7LFCH/XBMC.app/Frameworks (Note that depending on your device and firmware version, your Applications folder may be labeled slightly differently)

Copy the librtmp.0.dylib file you downloaded above, to the Frameworks folder. Overwrite the current one.

Completely reboot the device(Important).

Once that is done, go to Hulu plugin settings, navigate to the Streaming tab.

Select "akamai" for the Default CDN
Uncheck "Network Pre-roll". (No more Quiznos...LOL)
Set Pre-Roll ads and Trailing ads to 0.
Uncheck "Enable Commercial breaks".
Unless you're outside USA, be sure Proxy is Unchecked.

Now test it. If that doesn't work, leave all other settings the same, but try a different Default CDN, like "limelight".

I think some confusion arrises because of the Network Pre-roll. Users see the network pre-roll and think that it's actually streaming and quitting after a few seconds. But it's actually not getting to the actual video at all. The network Pre-roll has nothing to do with the video you're streaming, and you'll see the network pre-roll even if you have an incorrect librtmp version. Seeing that doesn't mean it's working. Don't assume because you see the network pre-roll, that it's briefly working and you've got the right librtmp. I think many users are getting confused by this when it's the librtmp file that's the root of the problem.

Hope that helps!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - dukeman - 2012-05-19

(2012-05-18, 20:25)crawl Wrote: laraelise, locomot1f,

Navigate to /private/var/stash/Applications.m7LFCH/XBMC.app/Frameworks (Note that depending on your device and firmware version, your Applications folder may be labeled slightly differently)

Copy the librtmp.0.dylib file you downloaded above, to the Frameworks folder. Overwrite the current one.

Now test it. If that doesn't work, leave all other settings the same, but try a different Default CDN, like "limelight".

I think some confusion arrises because of the Network Pre-roll. Users see the network pre-roll and think that it's actually streaming and quitting after a few seconds. But it's actually not getting to the actual video at all. The network Pre-roll has nothing to do with the video you're streaming, and you'll see the network pre-roll even if you have an incorrect librtmp version. Seeing that doesn't mean it's working. Don't assume because you see the network pre-roll, that it's briefly working and you've got the right librtmp. I think many users are getting confused by this when it's the librtmp file that's the root of the problem.

Hope that helps!

Hey mate,Just wanted to post a big thanks to you..I was having the same issue as the the other users.Just did as you suggested and its going again !! Cheers,

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - The Black Cat - 2012-05-19

(2012-05-19, 01:28)dukeman Wrote:
(2012-05-18, 20:25)crawl Wrote: laraelise, locomot1f,

Hope that helps!

Hey mate,Just wanted to post a big thanks to you..I was having the same issue as the the other users.Just did as you suggested and its going again !! Cheers,

I can also say this worked for me, thank you... Couldn't stream anything from Hulu for a week, all is good again.