Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2012-05-19

hey, it works!... what gives?
was there an update to the librtmp distro?
why is this one different? should this be something that the devs know about? why don't the devs know about this?

and finally, how can we get this out to everyoneHuh

oh sorry, finally.... THANK YOU CRAWL!!!!!!!!!!! works for ESPN too!!!!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - dongdong - 2012-05-19

Thank you crawl, you saved the day. Got it working for Hulu plugin.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - crawl - 2012-05-19

(2012-05-19, 02:35)locomot1f Wrote: hey, it works!... what gives?
was there an update to the librtmp distro?
why is this one different? should this be something that the devs know about? why don't the devs know about this?

and finally, how can we get this out to everyoneHuh

oh sorry, finally.... THANK YOU CRAWL!!!!!!!!!!! works for ESPN too!!!!

Welcome.. That's the same version of librtmp I've used for some time now. Several months. I think there might have been a bad/incorrect version passed around. But I copied that one straight from my iOS device, so I knew it worked. I'm confident that the devs know what's up. They're smart guys.

Just pass on the knowledge, and help others out. That's what makes these communities great...

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - laraelise - 2012-05-20

(2012-05-18, 20:25)crawl Wrote: laraelise, locomot1f,

Sharing this here as well, as it appears that some here should try this:

***This fix is for iOS users only(iPhone, iPod, iPad, atv2)!!****

Download this librtmp: http://www.mediafire.com/?n18xpqqkgrwzggm

Use Cyberduck or PuTTy, and connect to your device.

Navigate to /private/var/stash/Applications.m7LFCH/XBMC.app/Frameworks (Note that depending on your device and firmware version, your Applications folder may be labeled slightly differently)

Copy the librtmp.0.dylib file you downloaded above, to the Frameworks folder. Overwrite the current one.

Completely reboot the device(Important).

Once that is done, go to Hulu plugin settings, navigate to the Streaming tab.

Select "akamai" for the Default CDN
Uncheck "Network Pre-roll". (No more Quiznos...LOL)
Set Pre-Roll ads and Trailing ads to 0.
Uncheck "Enable Commercial breaks".
Unless you're outside USA, be sure Proxy is Unchecked.

Now test it. If that doesn't work, leave all other settings the same, but try a different Default CDN, like "limelight".

I think some confusion arrises because of the Network Pre-roll. Users see the network pre-roll and think that it's actually streaming and quitting after a few seconds. But it's actually not getting to the actual video at all. The network Pre-roll has nothing to do with the video you're streaming, and you'll see the network pre-roll even if you have an incorrect librtmp version. Seeing that doesn't mean it's working. Don't assume because you see the network pre-roll, that it's briefly working and you've got the right librtmp. I think many users are getting confused by this when it's the librtmp file that's the root of the problem.

Hope that helps!

Crawl! I love you! And I don't even know you! TV! It's back!

Now the real question is, can you tell me how to find my own Hulu library that currently isn't coming up?

Thank you again!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - crawl - 2012-05-20

(2012-05-20, 04:13)laraelise Wrote: Crawl! I love you! And I don't even know you! TV! It's back!

Now the real question is, can you tell me how to find my own Hulu library that currently isn't coming up?

Thank you again!

Ha ha... I love you too. (Awkward...)

To see your Hulu queue and subscriptions(I think that's what you mean by Hulu library):

Go to Hulu settings\Hulu Login tab.
Enable Hulu Login (And Hulu Plus if you pay for a Hulu Plus account)
Enter your Hulu username and password.

And don't forget that Bluecop is the guy that makes all this possible. The work he put into creating this plugin can't be understated. He's still the one that deserves all the love.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - chipgib - 2012-05-20

Anyone else having troubles when going to Hulu - TV - Networks and click Next Page. I always get to #36 and then fail (I have the default set to have 100 per page). If I do more it seems to fail at 136. The first page of 100 networks works just fine. I apologize if this is in the forums somewhere else, I did look through them, but didn't see anything. I did update my librtmp.o.dylib file, which helped my Free Cable add-on, but not XMBC. I'm running Hulu 3.4.5 and Eden 11.0. Thanks for any help you can provide.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - amcrebelfan - 2012-05-20

I just installed xbmc on my computer windows 7 64 bit. I installed the hulu plugin and it works great without logging in to hulu plus. If I check enable hulu plus and enable login I get a script error. Pretty much useless if I can't long in to plus anyone have any ideas what to do? Thanks for any help.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - artrafael - 2012-05-20

(2012-05-20, 20:15)amcrebelfan Wrote: I just installed xbmc on my computer windows 7 64 bit. I installed the hulu plugin and it works great without logging in to hulu plus. If I check enable hulu plus and enable login I get a script error. Pretty much useless if I can't long in to plus anyone have any ideas what to do? Thanks for any help.
Please turn on XBMC debugging, re-create the script error, post your xbmc debug log file to pastebin, and provide a link to the log here.
If you're not familiar with these steps, please see this thread for tips on how to enable debug logging, locate your log file and post it on pastebin.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - torontoathome - 2012-05-21

(2012-05-18, 20:25)crawl Wrote: laraelise, locomot1f,

Sharing this here as well, as it appears that some here should try this:

***This fix is for iOS users only(iPhone, iPod, iPad, atv2)!!****

Download this librtmp: http://www.mediafire.com/?n18xpqqkgrwzggm

Use Cyberduck or PuTTy, and connect to your device.

Navigate to /private/var/stash/Applications.m7LFCH/XBMC.app/Frameworks (Note that depending on your device and firmware version, your Applications folder may be labeled slightly differently)

Copy the librtmp.0.dylib file you downloaded above, to the Frameworks folder. Overwrite the current one.

Completely reboot the device(Important).

Once that is done, go to Hulu plugin settings, navigate to the Streaming tab.

Select "akamai" for the Default CDN
Uncheck "Network Pre-roll". (No more Quiznos...LOL)
Set Pre-Roll ads and Trailing ads to 0.
Uncheck "Enable Commercial breaks".
Unless you're outside USA, be sure Proxy is Unchecked.

Now test it. If that doesn't work, leave all other settings the same, but try a different Default CDN, like "limelight".

I think some confusion arrises because of the Network Pre-roll. Users see the network pre-roll and think that it's actually streaming and quitting after a few seconds. But it's actually not getting to the actual video at all. The network Pre-roll has nothing to do with the video you're streaming, and you'll see the network pre-roll even if you have an incorrect librtmp version. Seeing that doesn't mean it's working. Don't assume because you see the network pre-roll, that it's briefly working and you've got the right librtmp. I think many users are getting confused by this when it's the librtmp file that's the root of the problem.

Hope that helps!

I registered just to say thanks to you.

This fixed the problem. THANKS!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - BlueCop - 2012-05-21

thanks for alll the helpful posts and support.

I am out of commission for a bit. I had a car accident. flipped a few times but came out with cuts, bruises, and a few stiches. anyway I am feeling like someone beat me up.

I will be doing the rest and relax thing for a while.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - SamHill - 2012-05-21

(2012-05-21, 07:22)BlueCop Wrote: thanks for alll the helpful posts and support.

I am out of commission for a bit. I had a car accident. flipped a few times but came out with cuts, bruises, and a few stiches. anyway I am feeling like someone beat me up.

WOW... glad your okay. Take your time, we appreciate the work you have done.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - artrafael - 2012-05-21

Hi Bluecop,
Sorry to hear about your accident... that's terrible. Glad you're not hurt too badly. The most important thing for you to do now is to take care of yourself. The other stuff can wait.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - timmymaxi - 2012-05-22

Just a short feedback from my side... at first it the new file did not work here with me... now I completely uninstalled and reinstalled XBMC on my AppleTV and now... IT WORKS!

So thanks again for all of your help and @BlueCop... hope you get well soon!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - g0beau - 2012-05-22

(2012-05-21, 07:22)BlueCop Wrote: thanks for alll the helpful posts and support.

so sorry to hear about that, but so glad you are relatively ok. rest up, because as you can tell from the forums for your addons, we're rudderless without you (although crawl certainly saved the day for many of us with the new librtmp. thanks a million crawl!)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - ccoltmanm - 2012-05-23

I set up Hulu for XBMC on my dad's ATV2. I was even able to add the queued items into their respective TV Shows headings on the normal XBMC TV Shows section.

However, when I try to do this on my laptop, i am unable to. I noticed that he had a part in the files that said something like, "Users Queue Files" and was able to add that as a source for my TV Shows listing. But on mine, nothing like that exists. Whats going on? What am i missing? Is this a ATV thing only?