Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - ykhehra1 - 2012-05-24

Hi, Is it same librtmp as one for SuperTV, mine is working and I downloaded one from supertv website.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Olivia123 - 2012-05-24

Sorry, I hope it is OK to jump in here but I too am struggling to make this work. I am in Canada with a US ip address and ATV2 running Eden 11.0
I installed HULU 3.4.5 months ago and I have followed these threads carefully and tried changing settings as suggested but to no avail.

Would really appreciate help. Here is the log:
http://pastebin.com/XyJ3yXj3

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - bodhi - 2012-05-26

Quote:BlueCop Wrote:
thanks for alll the helpful posts and support.

I am out of commission for a bit. I had a car accident. flipped a few times but came out with cuts, bruises, and a few stiches. anyway I am feeling like someone beat me up.

I will be doing the rest and relax thing for a while.
Glad you're OK. Take care and rest well.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Kurgan0 - 2012-05-26

(2012-05-18, 20:25)crawl Wrote: laraelise, locomot1f,

Sharing this here as well, as it appears that some here should try this:

***This fix is for iOS users only(iPhone, iPod, iPad, atv2)!!****

Download this librtmp: http://www.mediafire.com/?n18xpqqkgrwzggm

Use Cyberduck or PuTTy, and connect to your device.

Navigate to /private/var/stash/Applications.m7LFCH/XBMC.app/Frameworks (Note that depending on your device and firmware version, your Applications folder may be labeled slightly differently)

Copy the librtmp.0.dylib file you downloaded above, to the Frameworks folder. Overwrite the current one.

Completely reboot the device(Important).

Once that is done, go to Hulu plugin settings, navigate to the Streaming tab.

Select "akamai" for the Default CDN
Uncheck "Network Pre-roll". (No more Quiznos...LOL)
Set Pre-Roll ads and Trailing ads to 0.
Uncheck "Enable Commercial breaks".
Unless you're outside USA, be sure Proxy is Unchecked.

Now test it. If that doesn't work, leave all other settings the same, but try a different Default CDN, like "limelight".

I think some confusion arrises because of the Network Pre-roll. Users see the network pre-roll and think that it's actually streaming and quitting after a few seconds. But it's actually not getting to the actual video at all. The network Pre-roll has nothing to do with the video you're streaming, and you'll see the network pre-roll even if you have an incorrect librtmp version. Seeing that doesn't mean it's working. Don't assume because you see the network pre-roll, that it's briefly working and you've got the right librtmp. I think many users are getting confused by this when it's the librtmp file that's the root of the problem.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much, crawl, you just made my day Angel I have not the slightest idea what that did and why it helped but it fixed the issue and I'm very, very happy now Smile

@ Bluecop: hope you're getting well again soon, take your time to recover, I wish you all the best - your work here is incredibly amazing, but your health is the most important thing by far !!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - dukevim - 2012-05-27

I have no idea if this will help anyone else, but for those using ATV2, with the updated 'librtmp', and the DNS service unblock-us, I have found that the only way to get it to work is by using 'level 3' as the service provider.

Bluecop, I am very sorry to hear about your accident, get well, and hopefully relax as much as you can.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Kurgan0 - 2012-05-30

(2012-05-27, 17:53)dukevim Wrote: I have no idea if this will help anyone else, but for those using ATV2, with the updated 'librtmp', and the DNS service unblock-us, I have found that the only way to get it to work is by using 'level 3' as the service provider.

Bluecop, I am very sorry to hear about your accident, get well, and hopefully relax as much as you can.

got the same configuration but still works with "akamai" - maybe it depends on the country someone is located

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - jimjones - 2012-05-30

I'm outside of USA. I have updated lbrtmp and followed the instructions and am using unblockus. Finally got it going but my video stops at 1:29 seconds.
There is no error message or anything. It just stops back to the menu.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spacegabs - 2012-05-30

(2012-05-26, 23:53)Kurgan0 Wrote:

Navigate to /private/var/stash/Applications.m7LFCH/XBMC.app/Frameworks (Note that depending on your device and firmware version, your Applications folder may be labeled slightly differently)

Copy the librtmp.0.dylib file you downloaded above, to the Frameworks folder. Overwrite the current one.

Now test it. If that doesn't work, leave all other settings the same, but try a different Default CDN, like "limelight".

I think some confusion arrises because of the Network Pre-roll. Users see the network pre-roll and think that it's actually streaming and quitting after a few seconds. But it's actually not getting to the actual video at all. The network Pre-roll has nothing to do with the video you're streaming, and you'll see the network pre-roll even if you have an incorrect librtmp version. Seeing that doesn't mean it's working. Don't assume because you see the network pre-roll, that it's briefly working and you've got the right librtmp. I think many users are getting confused by this when it's the librtmp file that's the root of the problem.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much, crawl, you just made my day Angel I have not the slightest idea what that did and why it helped but it fixed the issue and I'm very, very happy now Smile

@ Bluecop: hope you're getting well again soon, take your time to recover, I wish you all the best - your work here is incredibly amazing, but your health is the most important thing by far !!

THANK YOU crawl!! You also made mY daY! And "kurgan0" ALSO thanx to you for re-posting crawl's sloution.
Worked like a charm!

@Bluecop: Keep up the good work, but first YOU! ok? Good rest and recover! Greetings from Spain.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - jbaruch76 - 2012-05-31

great plugin, but having a problem. i did a search and didn't find anything. is there a way to automatically remove expired streams from my folder where the streams are dumped?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - dordar - 2012-06-04

(2012-05-30, 19:34)spacegabs Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 23:53)Kurgan0 Wrote:

Hope that helps!

THANK YOU crawl!! You also made mY daY! And "kurgan0" ALSO thanx to you for re-posting crawl's sloution.
Worked like a charm!

@Bluecop: Keep up the good work, but first YOU! ok? Good rest and recover! Greetings from Spain.

Im trying to get hulu+ to work on my apple tv2, but when I used this file and overwrite with the current file, it removed the jailbreak..

Any idea why? and how I can get hulu to work?

Thanks

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2012-06-04

(2012-06-04, 08:29)dordar Wrote: Im trying to get hulu+ to work on my apple tv2, but when I used this file and overwrite with the current file, it removed the jailbreak..

Any idea why? and how I can get hulu to work?

Thanks

it removed the jailbreak? sounds like you deleted some essential files. should not have been that severe.
it should be a simple overwrite of the file.

also, this file has nothing to do with getting hulu+ to work. this file is to help with problems getting hulu plugin to work, period! if you were able to view free hulu videos, then you do not have to do this step.

so, i say... try again.

I forgot to delete the post (Or I wasnt able to do so), it did not remove the jailbreak... Just had to restart.

But im struggeling to get hulu+ play any videos. Free is not working either..

I have it working on my computer, but not able to get it to work on the ipad and on the atv2.

To be more specific, when I try to launch Hulu it just exits xbmc on the atv2.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - crawl - 2012-06-04

(2012-06-04, 17:15)dordar Wrote: I forgot to delete the post (Or I wasnt able to do so), it did not remove the jailbreak... Just had to restart.

But im struggeling to get hulu+ play any videos. Free is not working either..

I have it working on my computer, but not able to get it to work on the ipad and on the atv2.

To be more specific, when I try to launch Hulu it just exits xbmc on the atv2.

Exits XBMC completely? Hmm.. are you sure you have the latest version? Is XBMC updated?

Please post your xbmc.log file so we can have a look at what's happening.

I have experienced the apple tv2 to be very slow with regards to xbmc. So I think I will just use my computer instead..

Thanks anyways

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - catman101 - 2012-06-04

Hey all,

Just joined. Have an ATV 2, jailbroken with XBMC Eden 11. I have downloaded the bluecop repository, I can find it through XBMC to install from Zip file. But when I do it gives me an error that it is not compatible, I have scrolled through countless posts here as a guest trying to get this figured out myself without asking for help. I will post my XBMC log later when I get home ( at work now ). I have everything else up and runnin , Navi-X, etc. So I guess, reluctantly, I am breaking down to assk for assistance if anyone can offer it. Please wait till I post the log file and the exact steps I am taking, and I will gladly accept an critisicsm and/or help that is offered. I amy be missing a simple step, who knows.... BTW, thanks for an amazing site full of support guides, etc. It helped me immensly!

-Ryan