Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Runamok81 - 2012-06-06

Ubuntu 10.04 - Eden
Hulu worked at first, then failed showing only commercials and network pre-rolls.
My problem was solved by upgrading librtmp through synaptic manger.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - dazzer272 - 2012-06-06

Great plugin. But im having trouble it only play adverts. Im in uk ive disable adverts in settings im using latest build eden xbmc on aptv2 any help would be great sorry if this is the wrong area to post probs with repos cheers

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - crawl - 2012-06-06

(2012-06-06, 17:12)dazzer272 Wrote: Great plugin. But im having trouble it only play adverts. Im in uk ive disable adverts in settings im using latest build eden xbmc on aptv2 any help would be great sorry if this is the wrong area to post probs with repos cheers

Are you using something to get around the geo block?

Post a log file, so we can see what's going on.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - androbwebb - 2012-06-06

I just upgraded to Eden. Hulu addon just plays about 3-5 commercials then fails and closes back to the menu. Is it actually working for other people? Before Eden upgrade all it did was play commercials forever. I uninstalled & reinstalled when I upgraded to eden.

Log:
xbmc.log (truncated)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - crawl - 2012-06-06

androbwebb,

Try this:

Updating librtmp.0.dylib for Mac OS X based XBMC

***This fix is for OS X users only!***

Download this librtmp file: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e27t9ecw7crc4xz

Navigate to your Applications folder.

Right click(or hold down Control and left click) on the XBMC app, to bring up the context menu.

Select "Show Package Contents". That will open a new Finder window showing the package contents of the XBMC app.

Navigate to \Contents\Frameworks.

Copy the librtmp file you downloaded above, to the Frameworks folder, overwriting the existing librtmp.0.dylib file.

Once that is done, go to Hulu plugin settings in XBMC, navigate to the Streaming tab.

Select "akamai" for the Default CDN
Uncheck "Network Pre-roll".
Set Pre-Roll ads and Trailing ads to 0.
Uncheck "Enable Commercial breaks".
Unless you're outside USA, be sure Proxy is Unchecked.

Now test it. If that doesn't work, leave all other settings the same, but try a different Default CDN, like "limelight".

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - androbwebb - 2012-06-06

WOW!!! Works Perfect!!

Thanks a ton!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - heric1 - 2012-06-07

Hi,

I'm trying to get this addon to work with my iPad 2. Installed just fine but when attempting to play a video it only plays the commercial and kicks me out. Any suggestions on correcting this issue? Addon runs great on my HTPC.

Thanks!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - imsohappy - 2012-06-08

(2012-06-06, 17:12)dazzer272 Wrote: Great plugin. But im having trouble it only play adverts. Im in uk ive disable adverts in settings im using latest build eden xbmc on aptv2 any help would be great sorry if this is the wrong area to post probs with repos cheers

(2012-06-06, 18:45)androbwebb Wrote: I just upgraded to Eden. Hulu addon just plays about 3-5 commercials then fails and closes back to the menu. Is it actually working for other people? Before Eden upgrade all it did was play commercials forever. I uninstalled & reinstalled when I upgraded to eden.

Log:
xbmc.log (truncated)

(2012-06-07, 22:45)heric1 Wrote: Hi,

I'm trying to get this addon to work with my iPad 2. Installed just fine but when attempting to play a video it only plays the commercial and kicks me out. Any suggestions on correcting this issue? Addon runs great on my HTPC.

Thanks!

if your in UK
use hotspot shield Nod
All will play

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - thecrater - 2012-06-09

Hello guys, i've just re-installed the latest version 3.4.5 and I can't get it to work at all. Every time I click to launch it I get a script error. Anyone else experiencing this problem. I'm in the UK. cheers

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - croy - 2012-06-15

(2012-06-06, 19:25)crawl Wrote: androbwebb,

Try this:

Updating librtmp.0.dylib for Mac OS X based XBMC

***This fix is for OS X users only!***

Download this librtmp file: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e27t9ecw7crc4xz

Navigate to your Applications folder.

Right click(or hold down Control and left click) on the XBMC app, to bring up the context menu.

Select "Show Package Contents". That will open a new Finder window showing the package contents of the XBMC app.

Navigate to \Contents\Frameworks.

Copy the librtmp file you downloaded above, to the Frameworks folder, overwriting the existing librtmp.0.dylib file.

Once that is done, go to Hulu plugin settings in XBMC, navigate to the Streaming tab.

Select "akamai" for the Default CDN
Uncheck "Network Pre-roll".
Set Pre-Roll ads and Trailing ads to 0.
Uncheck "Enable Commercial breaks".
Unless you're outside USA, be sure Proxy is Unchecked.

Now test it. If that doesn't work, leave all other settings the same, but try a different Default CDN, like "limelight".

Ok, so this is working but it is only playing 1min25secs of a episode

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - BlueCop - 2012-06-15

(2012-06-15, 20:05)croy Wrote:
(2012-06-06, 19:25)crawl Wrote: ***This fix is for OS X users only!***

what device are you using? atv2? atv1?

this one is for atv2
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121023&pid=1106494#pid1106494

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - BlueCop - 2012-06-15

it is already possible. it is on the streaming settings page.

if you stop the episode then it won't remove from the queue. If you skip forward to the next item then it will remove from queue. It adds an extra item to launch the plugin to remove from queue after the main video.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - drummerboy032 - 2012-06-17

(2012-06-09, 14:05)thecrater Wrote: Hello guys, i've just re-installed the latest version 3.4.5 and I can't get it to work at all. Every time I click to launch it I get a script error. Anyone else experiencing this problem. I'm in the UK. cheers

i'm having the same issue here. running on ATV2

edit: missed your post a couple threads above BlueCop. i'm trying method in that link now! thanks!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - samukas - 2012-06-20

Hey all!

First of all, I just read a few pages back (unfortunately, not the whole thread), and I hope that you are felling a lot better, BlueCop, and that you get better soon!

I've been using this plugin since just this weekend and loving it! It's so great that this runs on a browser-less environment unlike "XBMC Flicks", so I'm able to run Hulu on the ATV2 which is a big plus!

A few problems I encountered:
- I did have a few troubles with "librtmp.0.dylib". The one that came with XBMC was, of course, out of date. But as soon as I overwritten with the one a few pages back, XBMC crashed at launch even before showing the GUI. The only one I could find that didn't do that was the one available at SuperTV.
- It seems that I'm having some issues with playlists. Whenever I enable either network pre-rolls, pre-ads or ads during the show, the episode itself will never play, only the ads. For me to be able to watch the actual show I have to disable everything. While I'm not complaining that I don't see ads (lol), I do like the network pre-roll before the show.
- Whenever I pause in the middle of a video, after I press play again it kind of messes up the video for a while. Screen goes green-ish, goes backwards for a few seconds, drops a lot of frames and when it reaches the timestamp of the moment when I paused it, everything's good again.
- Also there is some timeout thing that if it stays in pause for too long , you will have to start playing again.
- Are there any issues with the "Remove from Queue" feature? How does it work exactly? Sometimes my videos are removed from the queue, sometimes not. I always let the credits roll out till the end (not sure if it's needed, but I do it just in case), but still not all videos are removed automatically. I end up doing "Context Menu - Remove from Queue", so it's not too bad.
- Not a problem, as this is stated in the opening post, but someone who needs captions/subtitles and is using an atv2 might want to know this. Subtitle decoding on the atv2 really is SLOW. It takes around 2 mins or more to decode the stream before a 40-min show starts playing. If subtitles are not enabled the same show takes around 10-15 seconds or so.

Anyway, that's about it... I'm honestly happy with this plugin. Not only it allows me to watch Hulu Plus @ 720p, but also those damn shows and clips that are web-only. If only they also enabled 720p versions of those, I'd be in heaven! Because they do have them, they're just not public.

By the way, I added a 'favourite' or 'bookmark' to access Hulu on the default Confluence skin.
If anyone uses a skin or method to access plugins even quicker, let me know Smile

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - tknorris - 2012-06-21

Is anyone else getting an ERROR 403 since yesterday? Everything was working great, and then suddenly I started seeing this in my log starting yesterday:

Code:
12:23:57 T:140401967998720   ERROR: Error Type: <class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>
12:23:57 T:140401967998720   ERROR: Error Contents: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
12:23:57 T:140401967998720   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/default.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                import resources.lib.common as common
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/resources/lib/common.py", line 417, in <module>
                                                checkToken()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/resources/lib/common.py", line 142, in checkToken
                                                login_queue()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/resources/lib/common.py", line 286, in login_queue
                                                data = postAPI(action,parameters,True)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/resources/lib/common.py", line 323, in postAPI
                                                response = urllib2.urlopen(req)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen
                                                return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 406, in open
                                                response = meth(req, response)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 519, in http_response
                                                'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 444, in error
                                                return self._call_chain(*args)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 378, in _call_chain
                                                result = func(*args)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 527, in http_error_default
                                                raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
                                            HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
12:23:57 T:140403746047872   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.hulu

From that point forward, nothing has worked since the script fails when selected.

Edit: As a follow up, after looking at the code, I've isolated the problem down to the Hulu authentication in the add-on. I can kind of work around it by turning Login off. Needless to say, when I do that I no longer have access ot my subscription or queue menu choices in the addon.