Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - kreeturez - 2012-06-23

@tknorris: No issues with login here; Queue and Subscriptions still working fine... The wife woulda certainly noticed if it'd gone down: uses this daily! ;-)

Definately looks like an Auth error.
It's a long shot, but perhaps try changing your password on the site (and accordingly in the plugin) to something simple (try without special characters if that's not already the case) to see if that narrows it down.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - tknorris - 2012-06-23

Thanks for the comment. You are right. After several days of it not working, last night, I asked my wife and she said "Oh yeah, a window popped up and I put in our password"...Needless to say, she put in the wrong password...You have no idea how much I went through trying to figure out if the Hulu API had somehow changed and broken the plugin.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - kreeturez - 2012-06-23

Haha; long as it's sorted now!
(2012-06-23, 18:18)tknorris Wrote: Thanks for the comment. You are right. After several days of it not working, last night, I asked my wife and she said "Oh yeah, a window popped up and I put in our password"...Needless to say, she put in the wrong password...You have no idea how much I went through trying to figure out if the Hulu API had somehow changed and broken the plugin.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - adox - 2012-06-23

Just on the que function, are you guys setting up ques on your desktop and then accessing through ATV2?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - kreeturez - 2012-06-24

Yup; specify your credentials in the Add-On Settings and the options will appear in the add-on; no matter what platform you use.
(2012-06-23, 21:26)adox Wrote: Just on the que function, are you guys setting up ques on your desktop and then accessing through ATV2?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - tknorris - 2012-06-24

(2012-06-23, 21:26)adox Wrote: Just on the que function, are you guys setting up ques on your desktop and then accessing through ATV2?

I manage my queue through the website, and then I use the Hulu Auto Update Add-On to push my queue to the library once an hour. It's probably worth noting that there is a bug in the huluautoupdate addon that causes it to stop updating your library if it triggers while the player is playing. I had to change the AutoUpdate code to fix that to get it to work reliably. I can post that code if anyone is interested.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - kreeturez - 2012-06-24

(2012-06-24, 17:54)tknorris Wrote: I manage my queue through the website, and then I use the Hulu Auto Update Add-On to push my queue to the library once an hour. It's probably worth noting that there is a bug in the huluautoupdate addon that causes it to stop updating your library if it triggers while the player is playing. I had to change the AutoUpdate code to fix that to get it to work reliably. I can post that code if anyone is interested.

Noticed this a while ago - been meaning to post about it. (Originally wrote that plugin but haven't been maintaining it; not sure when this issue crept in!) Did a really nasty hack my side to work around it (sets the 'Startup' variable to 'true' always!); I'm sure your solution is more elegant - so please post and we'll try arrange to have it added to the Repo version...

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - tknorris - 2012-06-25

(2012-06-24, 23:51)kreeturez Wrote: Noticed this a while ago - been meaning to post about it. (Originally wrote that plugin but haven't been maintaining it; not sure when this issue crept in!) Did a really nasty hack my side to work around it (sets the 'Startup' variable to 'true' always!); I'm sure your solution is more elegant - so please post and we'll try arrange to have it added to the Repo version...

I don't remember exactly what the old code looked like but the basic problem with the old code was the statement to restart the alarm that triggers the queue update was in the same code block that skipped the update if the player was running. So, if the update triggered while the player was running, the code would let the alarm expire but never setup a new one. I made the change below in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.hululibraryautoupdate/default.py (on Linux). This is what my code looks like now:

Code:
#cancel the alarm if it is already running
            xbmc.executebuiltin('CancelAlarm(huluupdatequeue)')

if(xbmc.Player().isPlaying() == False):
                #run the update
                xbmc.executebuiltin("RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.hulu/?mode='QueueLibrary')")
            else:
                xbmc.log('Skipping Hulu Queue Library Update because player is playing')

#restart the timer
            alarmdelay = str((int(__addon__.getSetting('timer_amount_queue'))+1)*60)
            xbmc.executebuiltin('AlarmClock(huluupdatequeue,XBMC.RunScript(script.hululibraryautoupdate, "queue"),'+ alarmdelay +  ',true)')

Re: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - ringnutz - 2012-06-25

Got an issue I can't wrap my head around... Hulu used to work fine (I'm on Eden windows 7 64), but now I can only get as far as the list that contains popular, etc.. with the number of shows next to it. When I select to enter any directory, I get a blank page for everything I select, on numerous themes I have tried. I can open the stream no problem in file mode and it plays with no issues. Any ideas?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - wilson.joe - 2012-07-03

I hope things are going well for you, and your recovery has been a fast one.

(2012-05-21, 07:22)BlueCop Wrote: thanks for alll the helpful posts and support.

I am out of commission for a bit. I had a car accident. flipped a few times but came out with cuts, bruises, and a few stiches. anyway I am feeling like someone beat me up.

I will be doing the rest and relax thing for a while.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - tekno - 2012-07-15

I have XBMC Eden on (XBMCbuntu) and tried using proxy settings for Hulu. at first I thought the add on was broken however I found a work around.

As posted here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121023&pid=1106494#pid1106494

I set
Select "akamai" for the Default CDN
Uncheck "Network Pre-roll". (No more Quiznos...LOL)
Set Pre-Roll ads and Trailing ads to 0.
Uncheck "Enable Commercial breaks".

and all is fine. What I think was happening is that Hulu was asking what kinds of commercials I wanted to see and XBMC add on could not deal with it. I verified this in a browser. After making those changes all is fine and no ads.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - grufh - 2012-07-16

Just wanted to thank you for your post. I deleted my old librtmp.0.dylib file and then added the new one. Unplugged my ATV2 and restarted it.
Went back to Hulu and it was working. Thanks!

(2012-05-19, 01:28)dukeman Wrote:
(2012-05-18, 20:25)crawl Wrote: laraelise, locomot1f,

Sharing this here as well, as it appears that some here should try this:

***This fix is for iOS users only(iPhone, iPod, iPad, atv2)!!****

Download this librtmp: http://www.mediafire.com/?n18xpqqkgrwzggm

Use Cyberduck or PuTTy, and connect to your device.

Navigate to /private/var/stash/Applications.m7LFCH/XBMC.app/Frameworks (Note that depending on your device and firmware version, your Applications folder may be labeled slightly differently)

Copy the librtmp.0.dylib file you downloaded above, to the Frameworks folder. Overwrite the current one.

Completely reboot the device(Important).

Once that is done, go to Hulu plugin settings, navigate to the Streaming tab.

Select "akamai" for the Default CDN
Uncheck "Network Pre-roll". (No more Quiznos...LOL)
Set Pre-Roll ads and Trailing ads to 0.
Uncheck "Enable Commercial breaks".
Unless you're outside USA, be sure Proxy is Unchecked.

Now test it. If that doesn't work, leave all other settings the same, but try a different Default CDN, like "limelight".

I think some confusion arrises because of the Network Pre-roll. Users see the network pre-roll and think that it's actually streaming and quitting after a few seconds. But it's actually not getting to the actual video at all. The network Pre-roll has nothing to do with the video you're streaming, and you'll see the network pre-roll even if you have an incorrect librtmp version. Seeing that doesn't mean it's working. Don't assume because you see the network pre-roll, that it's briefly working and you've got the right librtmp. I think many users are getting confused by this when it's the librtmp file that's the root of the problem.

Hope that helps!

Hey mate,Just wanted to post a big thanks to you..I was having the same issue as the the other users.Just did as you suggested and its going again !! Cheers,

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - gatekepa - 2012-07-18

I saw the post quoted below as it's similar to my situation, and it hasn't been answered so far as I can see.

I'm running XBMC 11 Eden on Windows XP. Using Hotspot Shield for my vpn. I've got the streaming quality as low as it will possibly go (Hotspot shield is SLOW). Hulu plus account info all sweet. I've tried Default CDN with akamai, limelight, and level3. All with ads on and off (ads on, it just plays ads, ads off, just plays the network intro). The same error keeps popping up:

! Playlist: Can't find a next item to play.

Here's the pastebin of the log. I tried to just get the relevant stuff.
http://pastebin.com/fdQhGVZ8

The thing is, it used to work. It was slow as all hell, but it used to work. The only thing I've done recently is update the librtmp, and increase the buffer size in advanced settings (I didn't mind waiting a bit for a show if it meant I could watch the whole thing without it stopping to buffer in the middle all the time.

(2012-05-17, 19:23)Beaskby Wrote: I don't know what is wrong?

I have a vpn and configured Hulu to my Hulu plus account, I see all the shows I queued and removed all the ads but yet the shows won't play, only the network intro like Fox or ABC?

What am I missing? I would rather play Hulu plus from xbmc than my windows 7 desktop, but cannot get it to work on xbmc.

Please advise.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - ailingcoot - 2012-07-18

@gatekepa It was probably your VPN's fault. Please try a "real”VPN instead of hotspot shield

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - gatekepa - 2012-07-18

(2012-07-18, 11:31)ailingcoot Wrote: @gatekepa It was probably your VPN's fault. Please try a "real”VPN instead of hotspot shield

Even though hotspot shield works when I watch Hulu stuff in a browser?
Even though hotspot shield was working, albeit it uselessly slow, about two weeks ago with XBMC and the Hulu plugin?

Also, if you have a recommendation for a VPN, that'd be nice. Thanks!