Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - dcbartlett - 2012-12-17

(2012-11-21, 06:38)RM68JSU Wrote: I am having an issue with the Hulu plugin. I have a Hulu+ account, but when Hulu+ and login are enabled, I am immediately presented with a script error when opening the plugin. When these are both disabled, I am able to use the plugin with no issue. I have cleared out my username and password and re-entered them, only to meet the same result. Any ideas on what the possible fix would be?

Here is the relevant portion of the XBMC.log file:

22:54:41 T:5592 ERROR: Error Type: <class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>
22:54:41 T:5592 ERROR: Error Contents: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
22:54:41 T:5592 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\McKinney\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\default.py", line 12, in <module>
import resources.lib.common as common
File "C:\Users\McKinney\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\common.py", line 417, in <module>
checkToken()
File "C:\Users\McKinney\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\common.py", line 142, in checkToken
login_queue()
File "C:\Users\McKinney\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\common.py", line 286, in login_queue
data = postAPI(action,parameters,True)
File "C:\Users\McKinney\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\common.py", line 323, in postAPI
response = urllib2.urlopen(req)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen
return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 397, in open
response = meth(req, response)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 510, in http_response
'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 435, in error
return self._call_chain(*args)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 369, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 518, in http_error_default
raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
22:54:41 T:3064 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.hulu
22:54:41 T:3064 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.hulu) failed

i have this same issue, i can play normal content fine however, i get the 403 forbidden error when login is enabled.

I am running xbmc on windows - eden Version String: 11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09
I am running Hulu - BlueCop Version 3.4.5

Pastebin of log here : http://pastebin.com/65JidMzM

If any more information or troubleshooting is needed, please ask, i'm not afraid to dive into code.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - IntelQC - 2012-12-20

Can someone please help me to make the Hulu add-on to work ?
I have Apple TV2 with XBMC installed on it. Inside XBMC I have Hulu add-on.
I am able to launch Hulu, browse through the movies&shows, see their names, descriptions and photos but when I try to launch any movie/show I get a Hulu Plug in error message.
Here is the log XBMC.log file:
http://pastebin.com/wA7P5rWT

Thank you in advance!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - jelly2nd - 2012-12-20

My plug-in seems to have developed a fixation with the number 128. My subscriptions, queue and watch history are only displaying 128 items but my subscriptions on the Hulu site are 295 and I had a recent queue size of 147. I've verified it on two different machines and it's the same, which makes me think it might be Hulu instead of the plug-in. Any ideas? I'm running Eden on Win7-64 with HuluPlus, no error messages to speak of.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - remint - 2012-12-25

(2012-12-17, 03:15)atv2jber Wrote: Is there a problem with the bluecop repo? All add-ons that I try to install from bluecop fail. I'm on Frodo Beta 3. This worked a few days ago just fine.

Thanks.

Was using the addon in the Frodo pre-beta without fail. I noticed it not working (at all) after installing the RC2, but went back to the pre-beta, and doesn't work there either. I wonder if it is on Hulu end?... Upon further trial, I can get commercials to play, but then it "Can't Find Next Item to Play" (the program).

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - stoked - 2012-12-28

I'm getting the same errors. The pre-commercial plays but then the actual content doesn't. I was able to get it to work once but I guess that was just luck.

(2012-12-25, 04:09)remint Wrote: Was using the addon in the Frodo pre-beta without fail. I noticed it not working (at all) after installing the RC2, but went back to the pre-beta, and doesn't work there either. I wonder if it is on Hulu end?... Upon further trial, I can get commercials to play, but then it "Can't Find Next Item to Play" (the program).

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - dsimages - 2012-12-29

(2012-12-28, 13:20)stoked Wrote: I'm getting the same errors. The pre-commercial plays but then the actual content doesn't. I was able to get it to work once but I guess that was just luck.

(2012-12-25, 04:09)remint Wrote: Was using the addon in the Frodo pre-beta without fail. I noticed it not working (at all) after installing the RC2, but went back to the pre-beta, and doesn't work there either. I wonder if it is on Hulu end?... Upon further trial, I can get commercials to play, but then it "Can't Find Next Item to Play" (the program).

Same issue here.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - stoked - 2012-12-29

Actually I ended up getting it to work. I set the cdn to Akamai and disabled the the Network Pre-roll, pre-roll ads, and trailing ads.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - razblade77 - 2012-12-30

the only problem i seem to having is that none of the new shows artwork come up(old shows are fine). does this hulu addon get the artwork from hulu.com or does it get it from somewhere else ,if so is there any way to make this addon only get artwork from hulu.com.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - mplacido9 - 2013-01-01

(2012-12-25, 04:09)remint Wrote:
(2012-12-17, 03:15)atv2jber Wrote: Is there a problem with the bluecop repo? All add-ons that I try to install from bluecop fail. I'm on Frodo Beta 3. This worked a few days ago just fine.

Thanks.

Was using the addon in the Frodo pre-beta without fail. I noticed it not working (at all) after installing the RC2, but went back to the pre-beta, and doesn't work there either. I wonder if it is on Hulu end?... Upon further trial, I can get commercials to play, but then it "Can't Find Next Item to Play" (the program).

(2012-12-28, 13:20)stoked Wrote: I'm getting the same errors. The pre-commercial plays but then the actual content doesn't. I was able to get it to work once but I guess that was just luck.

(2012-12-29, 01:27)dsimages Wrote:

Same issue here.

There seems to be an issue with the Frodo RC2 messing with your settings when you update. I've seen it posted a lot in multiple places. I would suggest checking all your video/audio settings in XBMC to make sure everything is still setup correctly.

(2012-12-29, 07:10)stoked Wrote: Actually I ended up getting it to work. I set the cdn to Akamai and disabled the the Network Pre-roll, pre-roll ads, and trailing ads.

This is usually the most common playback fix for the Hulu plugin. If you guys are still having issues, make sure you have disabled all ads (pre-roll and trailing).

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - twojciac - 2013-01-01

I've been having a big issue with the hulu plugin which really makes little sense... I've got a few instances of XBMC running at home (all Win7) and the issue only crops up on one computer. I've taken the entire plugin.video.hulu directory for the addon and userdata and copied it from the working instance to the non-working instance and it hasn't solved a thing. In looking at the logs I noticed the following:

18:50:56 T:4024 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: invalid \x escape
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\default.py", line 12, in <module>
import resources.lib.common as common
File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\common.py", line 34, in <module>
exec "args = _Info(%s)" % (urllib.unquote_plus(sys.argv[2][1:].replace("&", ", ").replace('"','\'').replace('%5C', '%5C%5C')), )
ValueError: invalid \x escape
-->End of Python script error report<--
18:50:56 T:3928 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.hulu/?art=%22C%3a%5cUsers%5cxbmc%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.hulu%5cresources%5cimages%5cicon_popular.jpg%22&fanart=%22C%3a%5cUsers%5cxbmc%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.hulu%5cfanart.jpg%22&mode=%22CarouselMenu%22&name=%22Popular%20Episodes%22&page=%221%22&popular=%22false%22&updatelisting=%22false%22&url=%22http%3a%2f%2fm.hulu.com%2fmenu%2f434539%22
18:50:56 T:3928 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.hulu/?art=%22C%3a%5cUsers%5cxbmc%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.hulu%5cresources%5cimages%5cicon_popular.jpg%22&fanart=%22C%3a%5cUsers%5cxbmc%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.hulu%5cfanart.jpg%22&mode=%22CarouselMenu%22&name=%22Popular%20Episodes%22&page=%221%22&popular=%22false%22&updatelisting=%22false%22&url=%22http%3a%2f%2fm.hulu.com%2fmenu%2f434539%22) failed

After staring it this for quite some time I noticed the "%5c" in the last two lines. If the code is case sensitive, a '%5C' does not equal '%5c'. I changed the following line and now everything works for me.

plugin.video.hulu\resource\lib\common.py Line 34
exec "args = _Info(%s)" % (urllib.unquote_plus(sys.argv[2][1:].replace("&", ", ").replace('"','\'').replace('%5c', '%5C%5C')), )

I've seen a number of people posting similar complaints without a resolution, so I figured that I would share. I dabble with Perl at work, but have never touched Python. Can someone help get a resolution to this? Figure out how we can make the string case insensitive, or rewrite to match all cases? And get this into the GIT tree?

Also, anyone know why this would affect some Win7 machines and not others? That's got me baffled.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - ailingcoot - 2013-01-06

The HULU blocks most anonymous proxy~~ The plugin doesn't work for users outside US anymore?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - newpipe - 2013-01-06

(2013-01-06, 07:02)ailingcoot Wrote: The HULU blocks most anonymous proxy~~ The plugin doesn't work for users outside US anymore?

The plugin works outside the USA. I'm using my own vServer and just set up squid as proxy.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - moneymaker - 2013-01-07

(2012-12-29, 01:27)dsimages Wrote:

Same issue here.

Same here

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Eye in the sky - 2013-01-08

Is anyone else having problems with exporting TV Shows, Hulu Subscription and Queue Items into the library?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - kevinkelm - 2013-01-09

Yes I am. I can't figure out where they are exporting to if anywhere. I tried default library and a specific path but nothing is getting added there.