Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - pearce - 2013-06-25

Does anyone else noticed the issue, that there are gaps in the shows, you watch, that won't be played back? I have noticed this because there were missing scenes in the series, that are refered to later. So I compared one episode using the Hulu Windows 8 App and Bluecop's Hulu Addon and for me on XBMC there are definetly some parts missing. In the XBMC Addon, I noticed, that after maybe about 10 minutes it shortly pauses and a new stream for the episode starts nearly immediatly. I think, this is due to the commerical breaks, you normally need to watch on Hulu but why are there missing scenes? Can someone help me?

I use Hulu Plus outside the US with tunlr's DNS service and deactivated the intros and commercial breaks using akamai, so it will play back smoothly (like often described here).

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2013-06-25

i have tried this a few times now, and i still can not get HULU to work properly.
the plugin tell me that it can not be configured.

http://pastebin.com/DBfYYHug

not sure how much it will tell you. still not sure why the need to mess with something that was already working..........

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locoguano - 2013-06-25

Usually when it says that it cannot be configured it means that it was not installed properly. Uninstall, delete the hulu folders in the addons folder and the userdata/addon_data folder and try to install again.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Togsie - 2013-06-25

Hi All,

I've recently discovered the joys of XBMC and have been busy installing it on anything that moves. I've noticed some differences in the Hulu install across different devices and I've some questions that I'm hoping that you can answer for me:

On my iPad I've installed Hulu and it works a treat. No login required. On my Android TV stick there isn't an option to install Hulu, only Hulu plus. To run Hulu Plus it seems that I need to register. What's the difference between the two flavours of Hulu and can I get it to work the same on my Android TV as it does on my iPad.

Thanks for a great addon.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locoguano - 2013-06-25

Hulu is only available on PC, only has last five episodes of a show, and is limited to SD.
Hulu+ is on multiple devices, has the full current season of shows (and in some cases past seasons) and is available in 720p.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - springroll - 2013-06-25

Moneymaker - I apologize; I meant the Tunlr DNS configuration setting that will be incorporated into "Free Cable". Would love to have the setting in Hulu as well.
Thank you again!

(2013-06-24, 05:00)springroll Wrote: Is it possible to include the Tunlr DNS configuration setting that was just incorporated into "Free Cable" in the "Hulu" plug-in as well? These are the only two plug-ins within XBMC that could benefit from dedicated Tunlr DNS setting

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Togsie - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-25, 20:25)locoguano Wrote: Hulu is only available on PC, only has last five episodes of a show, and is limited to SD.
Hulu+ is on multiple devices, has the full current season of shows (and in some cases past seasons) and is available in 720p.

Thanks for your reply.

I can get it on my iPad too?

Why is it that it's not available for android? Is it something to do with missing protocols or something. I'm playing around with XBMC on different devices including a Raspberry Pi and I'd like to understand the distinctions and what's possible and what's not.

Thanks.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2013-06-26

I have uninstalled and installed this thing... feel like 20 times now.

kinda wished y'all had left well enough alone. doing work on the Free Cable station was okay, just modifying the individual *.py files -- no big deal.
this addon WAS working, and now I can't get it to install

i have managed to copy over a working folder from one of my other computers to get it to work
---------------------------------------------------------------
okay, i think i see the problem. when I try to install your package, I do not get a resource folder.
I copied over the resource folder, and all seems to work now.
not sure if others are experiencing this....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
okay, so i copied over the resource folder -- which allows me to configure the add-on. but I still get errors.
so, copied over the default.py
i'll take some time tomorrow to get you a debug log.... but at least it's working -- again.

ATV 2
Frodo 12.2

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - cebo55 - 2013-06-27

(2013-06-25, 17:23)pearce Wrote: Does anyone else noticed the issue, that there are gaps in the shows, you watch, that won't be played back? I have noticed this because there were missing scenes in the series, that are refered to later. So I compared one episode using the Hulu Windows 8 App and Bluecop's Hulu Addon and for me on XBMC there are definetly some parts missing. In the XBMC Addon, I noticed, that after maybe about 10 minutes it shortly pauses and a new stream for the episode starts nearly immediatly. I think, this is due to the commerical breaks, you normally need to watch on Hulu but why are there missing scenes? Can someone help me?

I use Hulu Plus outside the US with tunlr's DNS service and deactivated the intros and commercial breaks using akamai, so it will play back smoothly (like often described here).

I had this problem and found that I had to enable advertisements, but set their number to 0.

Hope this works for you.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Avishay - 2013-06-27

Hi all,
I am using XBMC Frodo 12.2 on my laptop - Windows 7, 64Bit.
I have installed the Hulu Video Plugin today, but for some reason it does not work properly.

First, important to mention that I'm located in Israel, where we can't use Hulu. In order to bypass this geo-restriction I use a VPN service running in the background.
That way I can easily browse to Hulu website and use it fully with no problem. Through the website everything works perfect for me.

Unfortunately, when I'm using Hulu Video Plugin in XBMC something goes wrong. I can browse the plug-in directory and choose a TV show etc. then the first 1 or 2 commercials appears and work perfect, but then it always stops and a notification pops-up "Playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details"

This notification appears sometimes on other plugins/channels in XBMC. but on the other hand, some channels works fine, which makes me wonder if the problem is on my machine or not.

Has anyone bumped into this kind of a problem? Any suggestions/solutions?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2013-06-28

I noticed now that the Resource Folder is in the Repository build on the xbmcplus website.

thanks for fixing this error. I will try again to download the repository and run it.

I just want to say, I really do appreciate you (and your team MoneyMaker) taking over this great plugin. I just got frustrated because I was trying to watch a show, and all of a sudden, my favorite plugin stopped working.

Hope you all stay around for a while.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - hstegeman - 2013-06-28

Is it possible to make use of hulu outside the usa? If i am making use of chrome on my windows 7 pc, then i can watch hulu with a free proxy server. But with the hulu plugin on my android neo x5, or my windows 7 pc, it does not work. I did download hulu from xbmcplus, is this the right resource? It is version 3.48. I did also find multiple versions on fusion.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Avishay - 2013-06-29

(2013-06-28, 17:49)hstegeman Wrote: Is it possible to make use of hulu outside the usa? If i am making use of chrome on my windows 7 pc, then i can watch hulu with a free proxy server. But with the hulu plugin on my android neo x5, or my windows 7 pc, it does not work. I did download hulu from xbmcplus, is this the right resource? It is version 3.48. I did also find multiple versions on fusion.
It is possible, either by using proxy or VPN.
If you don't mind using Hulu on your Chrome browser instead of XBMC, you can use a much simpler solution, a little extension for chrome that does the same work as VPN with much less headache.
http://hola.org/

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Zhiroc - 2013-06-29

One thing I've always noticed about the Hulu plugin is that if I pause a show, when restarting it it plays for a bit, then the screen breaks up and it skips back a bit. Is this my configuration, the plugin, XBMC itself?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - hstegeman - 2013-06-29

(2013-06-29, 12:56)Avishay Wrote:
(2013-06-28, 17:49)hstegeman Wrote: Is it possible to make use of hulu outside the usa? If i am making use of chrome on my windows 7 pc, then i can watch hulu with a free proxy server. But with the hulu plugin on my android neo x5, or my windows 7 pc, it does not work. I did download hulu from xbmcplus, is this the right resource? It is version 3.48. I did also find multiple versions on fusion.
It is possible, either by using proxy or VPN.
If you don't mind using Hulu on your Chrome browser instead of XBMC, you can use a much simpler solution, a little extension for chrome that does the same work as VPN with much less headache.
http://hola.org/

Thank you very much for this link, hola does have a very good chrome extension. It is working almost the same as the paid filehost premiumize.me

Hola is a good solution for chrome / windows, for android hola does have less scripts. On the moment hulu.com is not supported jet. But it is possible to make custom scripts, for hulu.com by example. I hope someone will make a working script for hulu.com on android in the future.