Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - misstchat - 2014-01-02

Hi
I'm a noob and it's literally taken me all day to get to this point. I've finally gotten the new XBMC v12.3 up and running on my JB ATV2. I went to install the Hulu add-on and I'm getting the message: repository.bluecop.xbmc-plugins.zip is add-on does not have the correct structure. What did I do wrong?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - alibaba011 - 2014-01-02

(2014-01-02, 02:18)misstchat Wrote: Hi
I'm a noob and it's literally taken me all day to get to this point. I've finally gotten the new XBMC v12.3 up and running on my JB ATV2. I went to install the Hulu add-on and I'm getting the message: repository.bluecop.xbmc-plugins.zip is add-on does not have the correct structure. What did I do wrong?

Please search the forum. Here is beta version which compatible with xbmc 12.3 : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121023&pid=1542145#pid1542145 . Dont forget to change the settings as mentioned in the link

This version is constantly maintaining by @moneymaker and others. Bluecop one is not active anymore.

BTW, you will probably face this problem with other addons. Solution is to install it manually by extracting the zip file and login as mobile: @
PHP Code:
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons

Thanks

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - BillW - 2014-01-06

I installed the Hulu beta plugin. It works until I add my login and password for hulu plus. When I try to start it with my credentials installed I get a script error

My configurations settings are
CDN - AKAIMI
Network pre-roll is unchecked
Adds are set to 0
Commercial breaks are unchecked

I'm trying to figure out how to create an error log. I'm a noob. As soon as I get it sorted out I'll post it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-01-06

(2014-01-06, 03:27)BillW Wrote: I installed the Hulu beta plugin. It works until I add my login and password for hulu plus. When I try to start it with my credentials installed I get a script error

My configurations settings are
CDN - AKAIMI
Network pre-roll is unchecked
Adds are set to 0
Commercial breaks are unchecked

I'm trying to figure out how to create an error log. I'm a noob. As soon as I get it sorted out I'll post it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

copy the cache folder from the resources directory of the standard hulu addon after logging in to the same location of the beta addon.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - BillW - 2014-01-07

Thanks for the info spanktastic. I'm really not sure what you mean. I found the cache folder in the plugin. Am I supposed to copy the folder after logging into hulu standard then paste the contents into the folder when I log in with my username/password. Sorry for being so dense.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-01-07

so in your addon directory you should have...

plugin.video.hulu
plugin.video.hulu-beta

in plugin.video.hulu/resources there will be a folder "cache" once you login with the hulu addon from within xbmc. it stores some files you need to login. just copy that folder from there to plugin.video.hulu-beta/resources. the beta plugin needs this folder too but for whatever reason fails to generate it.

Ahhh, now I understand what you're talking about. Thanks a lot. I'll try this later tonight when I can get on my HTPC.

Spanktastic,
That worked perfectly. Thank you so much. I just love watching hulu without the commercials. I really appreciate the help. I looked in that folder. What was different was a token in the standard but not the beta.. Is that where the login info is located? Sorry for the dumb questions. Right now I know just enough to be dangerous.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Elixxen - 2014-01-07

I need some help, would really appreciate it if someone could spare a minute.

I live in Europe so technically I don't have access to Hulu. Knowing nothing about Proxy's, I did a google search and ended up paying 8 dollars for a US based Proxy (I checked the IP adress). I received an e-mail with the following information:

- Hostname
- IP Adress
- Port
- Username
- Password

So I started XBMC, went to the Hulu plugin settings and added all the info I got in the mail except for the hostname because that wasn't listed in the settings. Then I tried playing a video and no luck. Nothing will play.

What am I doing wrong? Have I missed something? Like I said, I'm completely lost when it comes to this stuff

Thanks in advance!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - moneymaker - 2014-01-07

@Elixxen

# Select "akamai" for the Default CDN
# Uncheck "Network Pre-roll".
# Set Pre-Roll ads and Trailing ads to 0.
# Uncheck "Enable Commercial breaks".
# be sure Proxy is checked

8 Dollars for US Proxy? Overpriced! Based on your location, I recommend a VPN Service () or a DNS address.

EDIT:

Try the beta version (download repo beta - signature), if it's still not working it would be nice to have a log file.

(2014-01-07, 20:51)moneymaker Wrote: @Elixxen

# Select "akamai" for the Default CDN
# Uncheck "Network Pre-roll".
# Set Pre-Roll ads and Trailing ads to 0.
# Uncheck "Enable Commercial breaks".
# be sure Proxy is checked

8 Dollars for US Proxy? Overpriced! Based on your location, I recommend a VPN Service () or a DNS address.

EDIT:

Try the beta version (download repo beta - signature), if it's still not working it would be nice to have a log file.

Thanks for trying to help. I did what you said and now the video starts, plays for about 2 seconds, then pauses, loads for about 10 seconds, plays for about half a second and then exists. I haven't tried the beta yet. Where would I get ahold of that? Didn't understand what you meant by "repo beta - signature"

Thanks!

EDIT

log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=107353

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - moneymaker - 2014-01-07

@Elixxen

You mean bufferring, looks like proxy is too slow.

repository.xbmcplus.xbmc-plugins-beta

(2014-01-07, 22:56)moneymaker Wrote: @Elixxen

You mean bufferring, looks like proxy is too slow.

repository.xbmcplus.xbmc-plugins-beta

Why would the video quit tho? Is the add-on programmed to quit if it buffers for a couple of seconds?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Elixxen - 2014-01-08

moneymaker

I just confirmed that my issue didn't have to do with the proxy. I just got a VPN account at StrongVPN. I'm currently connected to Washington DC with Download Speeds of 16.70 Mbps and the same thing happens. Video starts, plays for two seconds, pauses, plays for another half second and then shuts down. Surly almost 17 Mbps should be more than enough to stream SD content. Something is wrong.

Edit: The funny thing is that this does not happen when I play reality shows like for example AFV, Jimmy Kimmel and Tosh0. It only happens when I try to play regular shows like Grey's Anatomy, Castle, Scandal etc.

Impatient as I am I re-installed XBMC, everything works fine now.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - doggiedaddy1 - 2014-01-09

I have this installed (beta version) on Gbox MX2 with Android. XBMC v12.3, USA. I have a RD account, but have that option and proxy disabled. I have my Hulu login with plus enabled setup. I've used the settings above, and tried every CDN, but can't get playback. I an search, browse, etc., but no playback. Sometimes it says not able to play, others it acts like it is going to then stops.