Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - King-Tech - 2014-01-12

Do I need an realdebrid account to watch hulu here in Canada or what?Is there any other solution I can use or another way for me to get this addon to work. If there is another way(s), Please tell me exactly what to do to get this working please!!?!?!?!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-01-12

(2014-01-12, 23:49)King-Tech Wrote: Do I need an realdebrid account to watch hulu here in Canada or what?Is there any other solution I can use or another way for me to get this addon to work. If there is another way(s), Please tell me exactly what to do to get this working please!!?!?!?!

you need to use a proxy or vpn with a US ip address. its unlikely you would find a free proxy with sufficient download speed so you will probably have to buy a vpn. you could try going through this thread and looking for other people who had done this and PM them to find out what site they used.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - sasagr - 2014-01-17

Hello. I have installed the latest beta 3.4.9.7 but does it work with Real Debrid account?
Because it is not working with me.

Here the log.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=111710

Thanks for the feedback
regards

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - King-Tech - 2014-01-18

I got it to work with out Real Debrid. I download Hotspot shield,installed it ,click to connect to it then I got into xbmc,hulu beta and ba-zing. working.

Make sue you have the correct setting and both hulu and hulu beta.I copied the llogin setting from huluh to hulu beta,restarted xbmc and now hulu is wokring.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-01-18

(2014-01-17, 14:07)sasagr Wrote: Hello. I have installed the latest beta 3.4.9.7 but does it work with Real Debrid account?

Here the log.

Thanks for the feedback
regards

It returns a 404 when it tries to log in, make sure you can connect to realdebrid just fine on your own and that you dont have any firewalls blocking it or something.
Also, double check that your username and password are correct. I dont use realdebrid so i dont know what things could cause it to 404 on you. It could be as simple as the site being down when you tried.

Re: RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Lunatixz - 2014-01-18

(2014-01-18, 01:04)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2014-01-17, 14:07)sasagr Wrote: Hello. I have installed the latest beta 3.4.9.7 but does it work with Real Debrid account?

Here the log.

Thanks for the feedback
regards

It returns a 404 when it tries to log in, make sure you can connect to realdebrid just fine on your own and that you dont have any firewalls blocking it or something.
Also, double check that your username and password are correct. I dont use realdebrid so i dont know what things could cause it to 404 on you. It could be as simple as the site being down when you tried.

If you don't have a premium realdebrid account are there any benefits to enabling it?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - sasagr - 2014-01-18

Hello again... I will give some answer that could help...

1) I m a premium account of real debris and the account is active and working in the website
2) The RD user and password in the settings are correct
3) There is no need for any proxy, VPN to use Hulu with RD since RD by pass the GEO restriction
4) I have in any case active a smartDNS for the use of Hulu and similar GEO restricted websites
5) I have been using this add-on in the past, about 6 months ago, when I was helping Moneymaker to add the fixed add-on of Voinage (ex XBMC Hub and now Xunitytalk) in his repo
6) The add-on was working fine and I am aware how how to set it up
7) After a few months I came back to use it again and now it is not working again.

If the add-on it is working fine with you, premium user of RD, then the problem is mine and I have to figure out what's wrong... If any of you, RD premium user, has the same problem like me then the add-on is broken on this part and it should be fixed.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

thanks and cheers

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locoguano - 2014-01-20

When trying to export subscriptions it throws an error on the first one...
Code:
17:24:07 T:3712   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
                                            Error Contents: (123, 'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect', '/home/serafin/Videos/TV/A Cooks Tour/S1E1 - A Taste of Tokyo.strm/')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu-beta\default.py", line 61, in <module>
                                                modes ( )
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu-beta\default.py", line 36, in modes
                                                xbmclibrary.Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu-beta\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 66, in __init__
                                                self.CleanExpired()
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu-beta\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 94, in CleanExpired
                                                if (time.mktime(time.strptime(time.ctime(os.path.getmtime(path)))) < (time.mktime(time.localtime()) - 3600)): xbmcvfs.delete(path)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\genericpath.py", line 54, in getmtime
                                                return os.stat(filename).st_mtime
                                            WindowsError: (123, 'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect', '/home/serafin/Videos/TV/A Cooks Tour/S1E1 - A Taste of Tokyo.strm/')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
17:24:07 T:1256   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Lunatixz - 2014-01-20

(2014-01-20, 01:29)locoguano Wrote: When trying to export subscriptions it throws an error on the first one...
Code:
17:24:07 T:3712   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Contents: (123, 'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect', '/home/serafin/Videos/TV/A Cooks Tour/S1E1 - A Taste of Tokyo.strm/')
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu-beta\default.py", line 61, in <module>
                                                modes ( )
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu-beta\default.py", line 36, in modes
                                                xbmclibrary.Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu-beta\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 66, in __init__
                                                self.CleanExpired()
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu-beta\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 94, in CleanExpired
                                                if (time.mktime(time.strptime(time.ctime(os.path.getmtime(path)))) < (time.mktime(time.localtime()) - 3600)): xbmcvfs.delete(path)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\genericpath.py", line 54, in getmtime
                                            WindowsError: (123, 'The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect', '/home/serafin/Videos/TV/A Cooks Tour/S1E1 - A Taste of Tokyo.strm/')

I think spanktastic2120 released a fix for that a few pages back.

(2014-01-20, 03:17)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-01-20, 01:29)locoguano Wrote: When trying to export subscriptions it throws an error on the first one...
Code:
                                                modes ( )
                                                xbmclibrary.Main()
                                                self.CleanExpired()

I think spanktastic2120 released a fix for that a few pages back.

This is including that fix.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Lunatixz - 2014-01-20

(2014-01-20, 03:22)locoguano Wrote: This is including that fix.

Nevermind then....

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-01-20

Code:
                                                modes ( )
                                                xbmclibrary.Main()
                                                self.CleanExpired()

It looks like you are running it on windows but you specified a linux path to export your subscriptions to.

That's odd... ok. Works now.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - sasagr - 2014-01-20

(2014-01-18, 09:43)sasagr Wrote: Hello again... I will give some answer that could help...

1) I m a premium account of real debris and the account is active and working in the website
3) There is no need for any proxy, VPN to use Hulu with RD since RD by pass the GEO restriction
4) I have in any case active a smartDNS for the use of Hulu and similar GEO restricted websites
5) I have been using this add-on in the past, about 6 months ago, when I was helping Moneymaker to add the fixed add-on of Voinage (ex XBMC Hub and now Xunitytalk) in his repo
7) After a few months I came back to use it again and now it is not working again.

If the add-on it is working fine with you, premium user of RD, then the problem is mine and I have to figure out what's wrong... If any of you, RD premium user, has the same problem like me then the add-on is broken on this part and it should be fixed.

thanks and cheers

Is there any support for me?

thanks in advance

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-01-20

(2014-01-20, 09:40)sasagr Wrote:
(2014-01-18, 09:43)sasagr Wrote: Hello again... I will give some answer that could help...

thanks and cheers

Is there any support for me?

thanks in advance

If you have a "smartDNS" thing that lets you access geo-restricted content then why are you bothering with realdebrid? If you turn off the "smartDNS" does realdebrid work through the hulu plugin? Likewise if you turn off realdebrid in hulu does just the "smartDNS" let you access hulu content?

All i can tell from your log is what i said already, that for whatever reason realdebrid is returning a 404 to you.