Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - mcsmackton - 2014-02-02

oy there's a whole librtmp thread! http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=162307 I totally missed that thanks locomot1f for the pointer. I'll see if the latest versions they have make a difference. still confused why certain shows would have issues one would imagine hulu keeping the same encoding at least across CDN networks for their own sanity at least.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-02-02

(2014-02-02, 05:54)locomot1f Wrote: here's a question i've had on my mind for a while -- aesthetics

i have added my subscription to my library successfully.
so, why is it that when i pull up the OSD, it will not show the cover (thumbnail) art / fanart on the screenHuh
i just get the generic "?" icon.
i'm assuming that it something that is not getting passed / called correctly.
or is it just me?
this is with any skin -- in Gotham

also, i've noticed that if I play a show in the Hulu addon, and I stop it, and then come back to it later, it will ask me if I would like to resume.
but this function does not seem to operate if i watch the same show from within my library...

just some things that make me go, Hmmm....Huh

Playing something from your library and playing something from the addon are different things. XBMC gets its data from your library when you play from the library, so if you are playing an exported link to something on hulu it doesnt have any information about where you left off when watching it. But when it gets played from within the hulu plugin it is handled differently. Same goes for whatever art you see when the OSD is brought up. Within the addon all the art you see is scraped from hulu, its much quicker and more convenient. In your library it is probably from whatever scraper you used.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2014-02-02

(2014-02-02, 22:07)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 05:54)locomot1f Wrote: here's a question i've had on my mind for a while -- aesthetics

i have added my subscription to my library successfully.
so, why is it that when i pull up the OSD, it will not show the cover (thumbnail) art / fanart on the screenHuh
i just get the generic "?" icon.
i'm assuming that it something that is not getting passed / called correctly.
or is it just me?
this is with any skin -- in Gotham

also, i've noticed that if I play a show in the Hulu addon, and I stop it, and then come back to it later, it will ask me if I would like to resume.
but this function does not seem to operate if i watch the same show from within my library...

just some things that make me go, Hmmm....Huh

Playing something from your library and playing something from the addon are different things. XBMC gets its data from your library when you play from the library, so if you are playing an exported link to something on hulu it doesnt have any information about where you left off when watching it. But when it gets played from within the hulu plugin it is handled differently. Same goes for whatever art you see when the OSD is brought up. Within the addon all the art you see is scraped from hulu, its much quicker and more convenient. In your library it is probably from whatever scraper you used.

thanks for the reply... that makes a lot of sense.
could there be a way to enhance the code to create directories, for Seasons, for Subscriptions added to the Library?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-02-03

(2014-02-02, 23:23)locomot1f Wrote: thanks for the reply... that makes a lot of sense.
could there be a way to enhance the code to create directories, for Seasons, for Subscriptions added to the Library?

When you export your subscriptions you should have that folder added as a source in xbmc which will then scan the directories and add all the content to your library. Once it does that xbmc makes season level separations in library view as long as you dont have it set to flatten tv shows.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2014-02-03

(2014-02-03, 10:01)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2014-02-02, 23:23)locomot1f Wrote: thanks for the reply... that makes a lot of sense.

When you export your subscriptions you should have that folder added as a source in xbmc which will then scan the directories and add all the content to your library. Once it does that xbmc makes season level separations in library view as long as you dont have it set to flatten tv shows.

yes, this is true... again... :/

guess i'm just really stretching to get the fanart to work correctly through the media library source.

thank you for your time and patience.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2014-02-06

(2014-01-11, 05:57)locomot1f Wrote:
(2014-01-11, 04:37)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2014-01-11, 04:20)locomot1f Wrote: glad to hear it works for you @Elixxex,

unfortunately, dropbox is down right now Sad

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwg5HmuYuInLOGhid2gydHNpOVU/edit?usp=sharing

google drive backup

if you can confirm it works ill push it to the main repo

yes. i can confirm.
everything looks good here.
great job, @spanktaskic2120!! pussy on the chainwax! Wink

will this file make its way into the main repo?

i had to reinstall my addons, and I noticed I had to copy this file over again, to get things to work.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-02-07

(2014-02-06, 17:27)locomot1f Wrote:
(2014-01-11, 05:57)locomot1f Wrote:
(2014-01-11, 04:37)spanktastic2120 Wrote: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwg5HmuYuInLOGhid2gydHNpOVU/edit?usp=sharing

google drive backup

if you can confirm it works ill push it to the main repo

yes. i can confirm.
everything looks good here.
great job, @spanktaskic2120!! pussy on the chainwax! Wink

will this file make its way into the main repo?

i had to reinstall my addons, and I noticed I had to copy this file over again, to get things to work.

It was pushed to the github the same day, https://github.com/moneymaker365/plugin.video.hulu-beta

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - crazybrit - 2014-02-12

Does the plugin auto update? I ask as I can't recall manually updating it. If I go to add-on-information it says "Type: Media Sources Author:BlueCop Version 3.4.9.7" but if I click on the changelog tab the most recent entry is 2.9.3. Changelog.txt in git is obviously more upto date. Thanks!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-02-12

(2014-02-12, 10:43)crazybrit Wrote: Does the plugin auto update? I ask as I can't recall manually updating it. If I go to add-on-information it says "Type: Media Sources Author:BlueCop Version 3.4.9.7" but if I click on the changelog tab the most recent entry is 2.9.3. Changelog.txt in git is obviously more upto date. Thanks!

The changelog was out of order, 3.4.9.7 is the most recent version.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - crazybrit - 2014-02-12

(2014-02-12, 13:16)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2014-02-12, 10:43)crazybrit Wrote: Does the plugin auto update? I ask as I can't recall manually updating it. If I go to add-on-information it says "Type: Media Sources Author:BlueCop Version 3.4.9.7" but if I click on the changelog tab the most recent entry is 2.9.3. Changelog.txt in git is obviously more upto date. Thanks!

The changelog was out of order, 3.4.9.7 is the most recent version.

I knew 3.4.9.7 was latest, I just didn't think it was auto-updating as I'd not seen any messages about the plugin updating. I guess I missed them.

In just fixed an issue (corrupt xbmc db) that was making menu navigation really sluggish. I need to see if this was somehow also causing the other issue (raspbmc) I'm seeing which is frequent video hangs. Particularly problematic is to pause for long period of time. Obviously the session gets dropped so it used to drop back to the menu a few seconds after un-pause but now it often hangs with video on screen requiring power cycle. Watching Colbert, Daily Show etc.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - pleasantone - 2014-02-12

Is anyone else seeing the network script fail, and finding a 403 Forbidden in the log file?

I just logged into Hulu using Safari on my mac, using the exact same credentials as on my mac, but with the beta 3.4.9.7 running Gotham ALPHA12 on the same machine, I get a failure. This is still working just fine under the old Hulu plugin running under Frodo.

Works: Safari on Mac
Works: XBMC - current blue cop plugin, Frodo
Fails: XBMC - beta 3.4.9.7 plugin, Gotham ALPHA-12

One item of interest is that there is a "+" in my Hulu username ([email protected]). Could the string encoding be failing?

paste bin of the XBMC log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=130125

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-02-13

(2014-02-12, 17:52)crazybrit Wrote: I knew 3.4.9.7 was latest, I just didn't think it was auto-updating as I'd not seen any messages about the plugin updating. I guess I missed them.

In just fixed an issue (corrupt xbmc db) that was making menu navigation really sluggish. I need to see if this was somehow also causing the other issue (raspbmc) I'm seeing which is frequent video hangs. Particularly problematic is to pause for long period of time. Obviously the session gets dropped so it used to drop back to the menu a few seconds after un-pause but now it often hangs with video on screen requiring power cycle. Watching Colbert, Daily Show etc.

The video dropping after a long pause is a known issue, but i have never experienced a hang when it does so. It behaves as though it has reached the end of playback without issue.

(2014-02-12, 22:45)pleasantone Wrote: Is anyone else seeing the network script fail, and finding a 403 Forbidden in the log file?

I just logged into Hulu using Safari on my mac, using the exact same credentials as on my mac, but with the beta 3.4.9.7 running Gotham ALPHA12 on the same machine, I get a failure. This is still working just fine under the old Hulu plugin running under Frodo.

One item of interest is that there is a "+" in my Hulu username ([email protected]). Could the string encoding be failing?

login with the original hulu addon, and then copy token.xml from XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\cache to the same folder in the beta addon. i dont know where that will be on a mac.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locoguano - 2014-02-14

Has anyone gotten the Hulu Library Updater to work?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - mathgeek97 - 2014-02-15

(2014-02-13, 01:40)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2014-02-12, 17:52)crazybrit Wrote: I knew 3.4.9.7 was latest, I just didn't think it was auto-updating as I'd not seen any messages about the plugin updating. I guess I missed them.

The video dropping after a long pause is a known issue, but i have never experienced a hang when it does so. It behaves as though it has reached the end of playback without issue.

(2014-02-12, 22:45)pleasantone Wrote: Is anyone else seeing the network script fail, and finding a 403 Forbidden in the log file?

login with the original hulu addon, and then copy token.xml from XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\cache to the same folder in the beta addon. i dont know where that will be on a mac.

I can't get the original version running on a new PC running OpenELEC Gotham nightly, but I do have a token.xml file from a working Hulu (beta) addon. I would love to copy that file to my new machine.
The question is, where should token.xml go in OpenELEC? I could find a resources directory, so I might be a little on the OpenELEC clueless side.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - dodoadoodoo - 2014-02-15

(2014-02-15, 17:41)mathgeek97 Wrote: I can't get the original version running on a new PC running OpenELEC Gotham nightly, but I do have a token.xml file from a working Hulu (beta) addon. I would love to copy that file to my new machine.
The question is, where should token.xml go in OpenELEC? I could find a resources directory, so I might be a little on the OpenELEC clueless side.

Try /storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/resources/cache

/D