Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - TamaraKama - 2014-02-27

If you used atvflash to install XBMC on your AppleTV you should be able to use FTP or SSH to do it.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - sasagr - 2014-02-27

This is my situation.
Raspeberry PI with openelec latest stable version
Hulu latest beta
Unotelly Smart DNS
Hulu plus account

it does not work! it keeps on asking the quality of the video that I want to play and then script error or "cannot play this video..."
I have also have a real-debrid account and it works with it, after replacing a couple of files in resources, as said a few page before in this same thread post #1310.

Of course I would prefer to not use Real-Debrid, since i have the plus account but I will cope with it until a solution is found!

ps: Reminder for @moneymaker to update the beta at least with the fix for real debrid.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - ShaDoWoLf - 2014-02-27

How do we apply the edited stream_hulu.ph file? I'm using XBMC on windows 8.1.
I copied the file into the zip file of the beta version of the add-on and installed it however the script fails when I try to open the add-on. I currently have the previous version of the add-on installed but disabled. Can two version of the add-on be installed at the same time?
Or can the edited .py file be added to the file system somewhere?
Thanks.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - grinny11 - 2014-02-27

I didn't use atvflash. Spent a little time trying to research how to ssh/FTP but wasn't successful and ran out of time last night. Maybe I'll wait for the beta update unless someone would like to post the commands.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2014-02-27

@ShaDoWoLf -- you'll need to copy the file into the addon folder.
I'm not sure how to do this on Windows system. You'll have to find exactly where the addons are stored on your machine, and copy the file to:
Code:
/addons/plugin.video.hulu-beta/resources/lib

might be able to do a search for plugin.video.hulu-beta

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - d2a2 - 2014-02-27

(2014-02-26, 18:59)learningit Wrote: It's not the plugin

i'm hoping you're right. things slowly seem to be improving - several episodes that weren't working with the same setup now are, so i will just keep checking in and hope the improvement continues.

thanks everyone for all the good work

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - jimt35126 - 2014-02-28

This may not directly help anyone, but I think it is appropriate to post Hulu's CDN article. You may be amazed at what is required to deliver video content over the Internet:

http://tech.hulu.com/blog/tag/cdn/

Thanks ~JIM :-)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - zpbassham - 2014-02-28

Same trouble with CDN. Only darwin-level 3 and edgecast option available. Level 3 wont play and edgecast not supported. Using XBMC 12. Frodo. Win7 Ultimate. Akamai worked great until last week. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. My family is barking up my tree Wink Thanks!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-02-28

(2014-02-28, 05:25)zpbassham Wrote: Same trouble with CDN. Only darwin-level 3 and edgecast option available. Level 3 wont play and edgecast not supported. Using XBMC 12. Frodo. Win7 Ultimate. Akamai worked great until last week. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. My family is barking up my tree Wink Thanks!

This is the only solution we have right now

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121023&pid=1637824#pid1637824

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - KonaHilo - 2014-02-28

Nevermind.

(2014-02-26, 14:45)smoke_tetsu Wrote: So far so good for me too with Hulu Plus enabled. I applied the edited .py file, disabled real-debrid and re-enabled Hulu Login and kept Hulu Plus checked.

It brings up the list of choices now and I choose edgecast and it just works for me now with all the videos I've chosen to watch so far. Watched some farscape in 720p, how it works, a Trigun OAV, a documentary about atlantis, and a smattering of other videos...

If I run into any that don't you'll be the first to know. All that needs to be fixed from my point of view right now is having to choose the source each time I play a video.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - sasagr - 2014-02-28

A suggestion to the developer and repo administrators...
Since there is beta of this add-on, why do not you update it with the latest fixes that are public. The current version does not work with Hulu plus account or Real-Debrid account. As far as I know it needs files replacement in both cases.
A change log update should take care of tracing these updates.

Final good fix should go to the official Hulu add-on at the end.

Hope it can be taken in consideration.
Thanks

(2014-02-28, 05:47)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2014-02-28, 05:25)zpbassham Wrote: Same trouble with CDN. Only darwin-level 3 and edgecast option available. Level 3 wont play and edgecast not supported. Using XBMC 12. Frodo. Win7 Ultimate. Akamai worked great until last week. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. My family is barking up my tree Wink Thanks!

This is the only solution we have right now

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121023&pid=1637824#pid1637824

The above solution works for me with Hulu+ enabled! I am in the U.S.A. and am not using Real-Debrid. When I start a video, CDN choices come up:

Limelight is not one of them.

Darwin-Level3 does not work, neither does it give an error. XBMC thinks it is running, as pressing the context menu, C, show the option Now Playing.

Darwin-Edgecast *does* work!!! Hurrah!!! Thanks for the modified code!!!

~Jim

To provide a little additional information:

I am running XBMC under Linux Mint Mate v.16 on an Acer Aspire with 4 GB RAM. My playback is not great, and the video lags the audio by about 3-5 seconds. The captions, however, are perfectly in sync with the audio. My system is not powerful enough to allow me to enjoy the 30 fps playback.

Just for fun, I went back and patched the "original Hulu" (as updated) with the stream_hulu.py "fix" and it worked!!! In some cases, I was allowed to choose 24 FPS instead of 30 fps, and the video lag was not quite as bad. However, in other cases, the show itself is offered in HD instead of SD and I had no choice.

My Hulu+ account is configured for lowest quality, but apparently that setting is ignored with this plugin.

Thanks for everyone's work and input on this plugin. And, I would add, if you are one who is complaining that this or that is not fixed yet, then learn how to program and help us out, or post something useful instead of whining about it.

Thanks ~Jim

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2014-03-01

okay, so i've gone in and updated my strings.xml file to include ONE of the choices from the quality settings:
Code:
<string id="30004">Quality</string>
    <string id="30015">Ask</string>
    <string id="30023">16x9 30fps p011</string>
    <string id="30024">720p 2500K</string>
    <string id="30020">720p 2000K</string>
    <string id="30025">720p 1500K</string>
    <string id="30016">480p 1000K</string>
    <string id="30017">480p 650K</string>
    <string id="30018">480p 400K</string>

and imputed the CDN's:
Code:
    <string id="30027">Default CDN</string>
    <string id="30028">darwin-level3</string>
    <string id="30029">darwin-limelight</string>
    <string id="30030">darwin-edgecast</string>
    <string id="30031">SWF Verify</string>

i also implemented the update to the common.py file from a few pages back when this thing started happening (probably should have known since then that something was about to change -- ah! hindsight, such a devil's advocate!)
to change the CDN entries:
Code:
#settings['swfverify'] = addoncompat.get_setting("swfverify")
cdns = ['darwin-level3','darwin-limelight','darwin-edgecast']
defualtcdn = int(addoncompat.get_setting("defaultcdn"))
settings['defaultcdn'] = cdns[defualtcdn]

as you can see, this is very crude work... not completely updated... but I thought it could be a basis for getting this addon back to "stable" condition.
I no longer have to select a choice, my videos play with one click of a button!
I've tried this on various shows, with various formats... my question is, I don't know of ALL the conditions for quality. I've always had mine set for the highest quality... so that's what i've done here.

i'll be testing more things next week -- unless someone else beats me to it.

have a great weekend!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - locomot1f - 2014-03-01

learningit Wrote:I have looked at storing the selected CDN from the list as a "fallback" CDN, the code is not a lot but it requires changes in several files to work. The issue is that I notice that the CDN indicator from edgecast (and sometimes limelight) contains a server prefix which changes. This means that even though you set a fallback CDN by selecting from the list given, you may need to re-select from time to time depending on what the server sends back which may defeat the purpose of saving the fallback in the first place. I would not propose adding edgecast to the default CDN list - many feeds are encrypted and the server prefix issue. Maybe someone has a better idea?

curious as to when you see this happen? do you have Hulu Plus? which shows?