Kodi Community Forum
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=121023)

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - pmcd - 2014-03-01

(2014-02-26, 14:45)smoke_tetsu Wrote: So far so good for me too with Hulu Plus enabled. I applied the edited .py file, disabled real-debrid and re-enabled Hulu Login and kept Hulu Plus checked.

It brings up the list of choices now and I choose edgecast and it just works for me now with all the videos I've chosen to watch so far. Watched some farscape in 720p, how it works, a Trigun OAV, a documentary about atlantis, and a smattering of other videos...

If I run into any that don't you'll be the first to know. All that needs to be fixed from my point of view right now is having to choose the source each time I play a video.

Where does the edited .py go? This is the stream.... .py file?

I can get everything working by just selecting limelight. Even the Hulu Plus files in my queue play and I have Hulu Plus disabled in the AddOn. For some odd reason it works perfectly on the Mac, with no ads, and works with XBMC under win8.1 but you get ads. The strange thing is being able to play my Hulu+ subscriptions, queue, etc ...

This is before applying the .py file and both Addons are the beta ones.

Philip

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - TamaraKama - 2014-03-01

That path would be /addons/plugin.video.hulu-beta/resources/lib depending on where it's located in your particular OS environment.

And yes, videos work without Hulu Plus but I like watching them in 720p HD and at the very least that's one thing that seems to truly need it enabled for. Also, maybe it's just me but I seem to get more access to more TV seasons with Hulu Plus enabled than without. But yeah, watching Hulu in HD is the main draw for me.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - learningit - 2014-03-01

(2014-03-01, 00:31)locomot1f Wrote:
learningit Wrote:I have looked at storing the selected CDN from the list as a "fallback" CDN, the code is not a lot but it requires changes in several files to work. The issue is that I notice that the CDN indicator from edgecast (and sometimes limelight) contains a server prefix which changes. This means that even though you set a fallback CDN by selecting from the list given, you may need to re-select from time to time depending on what the server sends back which may defeat the purpose of saving the fallback in the first place. I would not propose adding edgecast to the default CDN list - many feeds are encrypted and the server prefix issue. Maybe someone has a better idea?

curious as to when you see this happen? do you have Hulu Plus? which shows?

The code change that you propose is only part of the solution and will give some folks a real headache in that, potentially, they will have the default cdn stuck on a feed that serves up encrypted feeds. They only see a failure and things get complicated from there. Specifically, for me anyway, Miami Vice Season 2 episode #15 triggers edgecast/level 3 encrypted feeds. Hulu seems to be testing a number of things and is possibly encrypting for some regions. The addition of edgecast as a CDN may mean that all feeds will be encrypted in the future - it's hard to tell. The only feeds I can access with edgecast are encrypted, I suspect that people with Plus may have access to some feeds which are currently unencrypted.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - ShaDoWoLf - 2014-03-01

Has the new stream_hulu.py file been proven to work in countries outside the USA or does it not matter? I'm from Australia by the way.

I think I turned off Hulu login and Hulu+ in the settings and changed the default CDN to Limelight and none of the videos I wanted to play worked. This is with the old .py file in the last stable version of the add-on.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - KonaHilo - 2014-03-01

What can be done with the non-beta Hulu App?

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-03-01

(2014-03-01, 15:55)ShaDoWoLf Wrote: Has the new stream_hulu.py file been proven to work in countries outside the USA or does it not matter? I'm from Australia by the way.

I think I turned off Hulu login and Hulu+ in the settings and changed the default CDN to Limelight and none of the videos I wanted to play worked. This is with the old .py file in the last stable version of the add-on.

You need to configure a proxy either in xbmc's settings or in the addon's settings.

(2014-03-01, 19:19)KonaHilo Wrote: What can be done with the non-beta Hulu App?

The non-beta Hulu addon just hasnt had anyone maintaining it in a long time. The beta version arose to address some issues and make fixes to the old addon.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - emilsvennesson - 2014-03-01

(2014-03-01, 00:19)locomot1f Wrote: text

I did some testing and found out that you also need to change stream_hulu.py, line 343 to:
Code:
qtypes=['ask', '16x9 30fps p011', '16x9 24fps p011', '16x9 30fps p010', '16x9 24fps p010', '16x9 30fps p009', '16x9 24fps p009', '16x9 30fps p008', '16x9 24fps p008', '16x9 30fps H264 Medium', '16x9 24fps H264 Medium', '16x9 30fps H264 650K', '16x9 24fps H264 650K', '16x9 30fps H264 400K', '16x9 24fps H264 400K']

Otherwise it only worked for streams with a 30fps feed.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - KonaHilo - 2014-03-01

(2014-03-01, 21:42)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2014-03-01, 19:19)KonaHilo Wrote: What can be done with the non-beta Hulu App?

The non-beta Hulu addon just hasnt had anyone maintaining it in a long time. The beta version arose to address some issues and make fixes to the old addon.

Thanks for the info, spantastic2120! I'll see if I can upgrade to an OpenELEC beta-Gotham XBMC for my AppleTV 1st Generation w/CrystalHD.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - clack79 - 2014-03-02

I would appreciate any help with getting hulu plus working. I replaced stream_hulu.py and it works with hulu plus and login disabled, but I get an error opening the addon with them enabled.

logfile: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83835722/xbmc.log

Thanks!

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - spanktastic2120 - 2014-03-02

(2014-03-02, 01:30)clack79 Wrote: I would appreciate any help with getting hulu plus working. I replaced stream_hulu.py and it works with hulu plus and login disabled, but I get an error opening the addon with them enabled.

logfile: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83835722/xbmc.log

Thanks!

The beta addon cant make a token.xml file, its something that still needs to be looked into. What works is logging in with the regular addon and then copying the token.xml file over to the beta addon.

The file is in XBMC/addons/plugin.video.hulu/resources/cache/, just put it in the same folder for the beta addon.

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Lunatixz - 2014-03-02

What exactly has been added to the beta add-on? I still don't see any relevant changes; Just minor ones...
Bluecop was on here a few months ago looking to help, I think this plugin would be better off back in his hands...

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - clack79 - 2014-03-02

@spanktastic

I loaded the regular addon and started it, but the only file at that location is DS_store.

(2014-03-02, 02:33)clack79 Wrote: @spanktastic

I loaded the regular addon and started it, but the only file at that location is DS_store.

if you enter your login details and enable login then it will generate the token.xml file.

(2014-03-02, 02:17)Lunatixz Wrote: What exactly has been added to the beta add-on? I still don't see any relevant changes; Just minor ones...
Bluecop was on here a few months ago looking to help, I think this plugin would be better off back in his hands...

Most of the changes ive made to it have just been to improve the exportation of strm files to the library so i can use them in PseudoTV. For a list of changes see the commit log here, https://github.com/moneymaker365/plugin.video.hulu-beta/commits/master

RE: [SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin - Lunatixz - 2014-03-02

(2014-03-02, 02:36)spanktastic2120 Wrote: Most of the changes ive made to it have just been to improve the exportation of strm files to the library so i can use them in PseudoTV. For a list of changes see the commit log here, https://github.com/moneymaker365/plugin.video.hulu-beta/commits/master

I'm not directing the statement to you, It's in general! Just trying to get development back on track...
This is the first major problem the Hulu plugin has run into since bluecop left, and the response isn't hopeful!

I don't know jack when it comes to CDN, but I would hope that the dev's who took over this plugin do... otherwise we are in trouble!
Bluecop is a damn good programmer, but I haven't seen anything added since he left to give me hope that the skills are here to fix it!

No insults intended... Everyone knows there limitations, and if this stuff is over anyone's heads then we should see if bluecop is still available.

(2014-03-02, 02:51)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm not directing the statement to you, It's in general! Just trying to get development back on track...
This is the first major problem the Hulu plugin has run into since bluecop left, and the response isn't hopeful!

I don't know jack when it comes to CDN, but I would hope that the dev's who took over this plugin do... otherwise we are in trouble!
Bluecop is a damn good programmer, but I haven't seen anything added to this plugin to give me hope that the skills are here to fix it!

No insults intended... Everyone knows there limitations, and if this stuff is over anyone's heads then we should see if bluecop is still available.

Yeah it would be nice to see this addon maintained by the original author, im sure bluecop would do the best job of it. The new CDN issues though dont seem to be something that could be programmed around. The issues are encrypted streams and versions of authentication that havent been cracked by the community that does that sort of thing.

From what i can tell by looking through the code it seems the addon was reverse engineered from the Hulu Desktop program, so it may be necessary to write a new addon based around some other API.