Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - HwKok - 2012-08-23

Thanks.
Jjd-uk: the settings you suggested where correctly setted already.
BenchTT: I downloaded the last version: XBMC-AE-Final, but when I'm starting it, it says: XBMC has stopped working..and it crashes.
The crash is caused by Kernelbase.dll. When I install the older version I already had, it starts without problems.

Do I need another version of the 4 listed at Github?

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - HwKok - 2012-08-24

Well, I'm now running at XBMC-11.0+HD-audio-20120417-2f965ac-dx (downloaded from the startpost) which seem to be the last stable Eden from DanieleA.
Still, no result tough. Downloaded some samples of Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master but this won't work either.

What I'm going to do now is look and try if XBMC is really the problem or it's a W7 setting.
To do this, I'll follow this guide: http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/02/02/guide-setting-up-bitstreaming-with-your-windows-7-htpc-part-i/

When it will work, it's definately something in XBMC.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - TRaSH - 2012-08-24

you also could try a version of TMT,
this way you can see if everything in your reciever is setup right

(2012-08-24, 14:20)TRaSH Wrote: you also could try a version of TMT,

How or where could I see in TMT if my receiver setup is 'right'?

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - jjd-uk - 2012-08-24

(2012-08-24, 14:07)HwKok Wrote: Well, I'm now running at XBMC-11.0+HD-audio-20120417-2f965ac-dx (downloaded from the startpost) which seem to be the last stable Eden from DanieleA.
Still, no result tough. Downloaded some samples of Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master but this won't work either.

What I'm going to do now is look and try if XBMC is really the problem or it's a W7 setting.
To do this, I'll follow this guide: http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/02/02/guide-setting-up-bitstreaming-with-your-windows-7-htpc-part-i/

When it will work, it's definately something in XBMC.
You might be better off with the other guide for LAV filters @ http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2011/06/30/guide-setting-up-lav-filters-mpc-hc-for-all-your-splitter-and-audio-needs/

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - bluray - 2012-08-24

(2012-08-24, 15:05)HwKok Wrote:
(2012-08-24, 14:20)TRaSH Wrote: you also could try a version of TMT,

How or where could I see in TMT if my receiver setup is 'right'?
You can configure TMT5 as shown in my screen shots- post #886......

Well, thank you.
At least, TMT plays everything smooth and nice. Downloaded some samples of DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD, huge difference between 'normal' sound and HD sound I must say.

But...XBMC doesn't play them correctly. Never mind, I'll wait for the next release of XBMC. For me its important that it CAN play everything like I want. The only thing is..why do I have to force TMT to output "Mix to uncompressed PCM"? Like you can see in your screenshots.

Another, minor question: In XBMC I wanted to play The Pianist with DTS-HD. Didn't work. In TMT it worked. But as output it says that it's normal DTS. I'm sure it is DTS-HD, because XBMC and other programs say so. How about that?
Very much thanx for all your tips/hints and efforts.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - jjd-uk - 2012-08-24

(2012-08-24, 20:32)HwKok Wrote: The only thing is..why do I have to force TMT to output "Mix to uncompressed PCM"? Like you can see in your screenshots.
That should be set to Original Primary Audio if you want to bitstream so the avr decodes the audio, however be aware that bonus stuff on retail disc's on full retail disc's may require the primary audio be decoded to PCM so a Commentary track for example can be mixed with Primary Audio, this is where Mix to uncompressed PCM is required.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - bluray - 2012-08-25

(2012-08-24, 20:32)HwKok Wrote: The only thing is..why do I have to force TMT to output "Mix to uncompressed PCM"? Like you can see in your screenshots.
That is the screen shot from the non-bitstreaming all-in-one touchscreen HTPC. If you are bitstreaming HD audio, the correct configuration for TMT5 should be the same as the screen shot of my bitstreaming HTPC below-

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - bluray - 2012-08-25

(2012-08-24, 20:32)HwKok Wrote: But...XBMC doesn't play them correctly. Never mind, I'll wait for the next release of XBMC. For me its important that it CAN play everything like I want.
I notice you have AsRock mobo. If you installed Realtek audio codecs, you need to un-install it. The configurations I stated in this thread- Setup: works great in all my HTPC's and other users.....by the way, there is no different bitstreaming using XBMC vs. TMT5 in my HTPC's....

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - HwKok - 2012-08-27

Hey all, thanks for your help!

Bluray: I will set TMT as you said and I will delete the Realtek Audio Codecs, I don't use them anyway Smile Very curious if it will help.
Besides that I will read your thread about setups to look if I can get it to work in XBMC. You're doing a great job.

Well, still no luck. Tried everything. Almost everyting..
It seems that the Onkyo receiver is ok, but that my HTPC is nog sending the files correctly. TMT 5 'says' it is playing DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD, my receiver 'says' the input is DTS or LPCM.

It seems to be a handshake problem between the HTPC, Onkyo and Samsung UE46ES6570 monitor (tv). I will try to figure out the EDID override: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1227161/edid-overrides-to-solve-bitstreaming-issues-for-ati-5xxxs

My last try :/

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - jjd-uk - 2012-08-27

Just a thought, you've not got the Onkyo set to output audio over the HDMI have you, check Hardware -> HDMI -> Audio Out is Off

Believe if set to yes to pass audio to TV it stops the amp decoding the HD formats

(2012-08-27, 22:19)jjd-uk Wrote: Just a thought, you've not got the Onkyo set to output audio over the HDMI have you, check Hardware -> HDMI -> Audio Out is Off

Believe if set to yes to pass audio to TV it stops the amp decoding the HD formats

Thanks for thinking but it´s set to Off already!Rolleyes

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - jjd-uk - 2012-08-27

Perhaps worth you posting over on avsforum, don't think it would be edid as the HD formats are shown the Supported Formats tab of the HDMI playback device settings in Windows, but don't know enough about handshaking over HDMI to be sure.