Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - HwKok - 2012-08-28

I'll give that a try. Thanks so far, I'll report the results when I have some!

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - rakvatten - 2012-09-02

I'm seriously thinking about killing my computer. The problem is that when i start a movie the sound don't work. Then I change the sound to optic in xbmc and then i get DTS sound. When i tried the same movie today i got Master DTS HD sound perfect without doing anything, and tonigt when i wanted to check the same movie i only got dts.

When i check windows control panel the computer say's that my reciver only can handle dts sound, and when the computer has been of for a couple of hours it says that it can handle dts hd sound. I have tried to reinstall sound drivers but it won't help.

What is wrong? I'm going mad!!!

PS: Sorry for my bad english, i'm from sweden.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - sialivi - 2012-09-02

You say you changed the sound output to optic (s/pdif); you can't do DTS-HD Master Audio or TrueHD over s/pdif, only over HDMI.

Re: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DJ-1 - 2012-09-02

Hi, my hardware is:
i3 2105
Asrock z77e itx
4gb ram
Hewlet Packard Bd-rom/dvd-rw combo ( slimline )

Windows 7 Pro 64bit.
I've installed & updated the motherboard drivers etc Inc.
Intel management engine interface, updates off of the Intel site.

I'm assuming the Eden11.0+Hd Audio is the same (patched ) version mentioned in Blurays other HD-Audio setup thread (@ bottom of 1st post).

I'm just checking before installing xbmc & if its just the 1 the to instal, no extra patches ?

Cheers.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - bluray - 2012-09-02

(2012-09-02, 20:37)DJ-1 Wrote: Hi, my hardware is:
i3 2105
Asrock z77e itx
4gb ram
Hewlet Packard Bd-rom/dvd-rw combo ( slimline )

Windows 7 Pro 64bit.
I've installed & updated the motherboard drivers etc Inc.
Intel management engine interface, updates off of the Intel site.

I'm assuming the Eden11.0+Hd Audio is the same (patched ) version mentioned in Blurays other DH-Audio setup thread (@ bottom of 1st post).

I'm just checking before installing xbmc & if its just the 1 the to instal, no extra patches ?

Cheers.
One version only.....

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - rakvatten - 2012-09-02

(2012-09-02, 20:32)sialivi Wrote: You say you changed the sound output to optic (s/pdif); you can't do DTS-HD Master Audio or TrueHD over s/pdif, only over HDMI.

Hi..

I know that, but i think it's strange that my settings change all the time. This morning i got everything to work perfect but now it don't work. Do I have the wrong drivers or what?

I have realtek and nvidia audio drivers with this computer

MSI Z68A-GD55 G3 REV B3 # Corsair 16GB (4x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz VENGEANCE LP # Intel Core i7 2600K 3,4GHz + Noctua NH-D14 # Fractal Design Define R3 USB 3.0, Vit # Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560Ti 1024MB OC # Fractal Design Tesla 550W+ 3TB lagring.

Re: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - DJ-1 - 2012-09-03

All looking good so far, installed & did a test of a dts ma 5.1 file, worked fine..

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - ryu4000 - 2012-09-12

any new version yet of this been using april version i try a nightly build and there just out of sync on all my shows or just have a slight stutter.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - PatrickBateman - 2012-09-12

(2012-09-12, 01:32)ryu4000 Wrote: any new version yet of this been using april version i try a nightly build and there just out of sync on all my shows or just have a slight stutter.

I've been using this version, it is still based on Danielas build but has a fixes, forced sub support, bluray Iso support and a few xbmc bug fixes.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128935

I'd like to see this version get more attention, as with a few additional tweaks (hq scalers, ffmpeg updates etc etc) it could be the ultimate stable bluray hd audio version of xbmc (IMO)

It works perfect for me so far Smile

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - steelman1991 - 2012-09-12

(2012-09-12, 01:32)ryu4000 Wrote: any new version yet of this been using april version i try a nightly build and there just out of sync on all my shows or just have a slight stutter.
I'm not sure there ever will be a new version - this was a patch to provide HD Audio until Audio Engine was complete. AE has been included in nightlies since May, therefore I would suggest that DanielA (though I obviously don't speak for her) feels her task accomplished. If you have problems there is an AE thread in the stickies on the Windows thread for issues - the dev DDDamian is constantly tweaking and looking for feedback.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - rakvatten - 2012-09-13

Hi.

I have a strange problem. When i turn on my marantz sr 5004 and check the sound setting i get all formats. But when i turn on the tv (LG PS8000) i only get dolby digital and dts. WHY? It have been working but from times it changes and it's very annoying.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - voip-ninja - 2012-09-13

(2012-09-13, 22:04)rakvatten Wrote: Hi.

I have a strange problem. When i turn on my marantz sr 5004 and check the sound setting i get all formats. But when i turn on the tv (LG PS8000) i only get dolby digital and dts. WHY? It have been working but from times it changes and it's very annoying.

When the TV is on it's talking over HDMI with the AVR about capabilities, which is causing this problem. Make sure you have any kind of HDMI link or audio return channel stuff disabled between the TV and the AVR.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - sialivi - 2012-09-14

(2012-09-13, 22:20)voip-ninja Wrote: When the TV is on it's talking over HDMI with the AVR about capabilities, which is causing this problem. Make sure you have any kind of HDMI link or audio return channel stuff disabled between the TV and the AVR.

Disabling ARC shouldn't be needed, it should be enough to make sure audio passthrough isn't enabled on the AVR.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - voip-ninja - 2012-09-14

(2012-09-14, 00:21)sialivi Wrote:
(2012-09-13, 22:20)voip-ninja Wrote: When the TV is on it's talking over HDMI with the AVR about capabilities, which is causing this problem. Make sure you have any kind of HDMI link or audio return channel stuff disabled between the TV and the AVR.

Disabling ARC shouldn't be needed, it should be enough to make sure audio passthrough isn't enabled on the AVR.

You are probably right, but a variety of HDMI related things have caused problems like this, largely depending on the TV and AVR model used... in some cases there are simply incompatibilities that exist between different vendors interpretation of how some of these things are supposed to work... which seems to be more common with gear that came out 3+ years ago.

RE: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - rakvatten - 2012-09-16

FU%&.. I have tried but i can't find the right info. Please help me, i'm going mad.

PS: I have tried google Sad