Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

Does not work for me - a1sy - 2012-02-07

Could somebody help me with my setup.
I have HTPC:NVIDIA 9600GT-asus xonar hdav 1.3 slim-Denon5308ci-SonyXBR52.
Everything works with Arcsoft TMT5 - Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master, playing BD ISO nicely.
I tried the DanielaE patch and I have no audio,video is slow jumping and audio setup error on the lower right side of the screen.
Would appreciate any help.
Thank you

- bluray - 2012-02-07

a1sy Wrote:Could somebody help me with my setup.
I have HTPC:NVIDIA 9600GT-asus xonar hdav 1.3 slim-Denon5308ci-SonyXBR52.
Everything works with Arcsoft TMT5 - Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master, playing BD ISO nicely.
I tried the DanielaE patch and I have no audio,video is slow jumping and audio setup error on the lower right side of the screen.
Would appreciate any help.
Thank you
I don't have info on your Xonar, but make sure you do these in XBMC:

- a1sy - 2012-02-07

bluray Wrote:I don't have info on your Xonar, but make sure you do these in XBMC:

I did try these settings with 5.1 setup and choose my xonar hdav 1.3 slim card yesterday, still no audio and very slow jumping video.Huh
Thank you

- DDDamian - 2012-02-07

fezster Wrote:Just to be clear, I have left Windows Sound Control Panel at 2.0 stereo. I had to change the audio output in Xbmc (System -> Audio) to 5.1. It does not work when set to 7.1.

What do you have set in the Xbmc settings ?

Good - the first statement means the WASAPI end is fine. I used 7.1 as the speaker setup in XBMC. Sounding like there's a channel-mapping issue in XBMC, but this code was untouched by DanielaE's patch and 7.1 flacs are pretty darned rare. For music I usually set to 5.1 and let my AVR matrix the back channels with PLIIx.

- DDDamian - 2012-02-07

a1sy Wrote:I did try these settings with 5.1 setup and choose my xonar hdav 1.3 slim card yesterday, still no audio and very slow jumping video.Huh
Thank you

Almost certainly WASAPI rejected initialize call - not sure on your card either. but a debug log is essential in this case, especially on developmental code. How to post a Debug Log.

- T800 - 2012-02-07

bluray Wrote:I don't have info on your Xonar, but make sure you do these in XBMC:

Doesn't that mean that the audio will be changed in some way (resampled) to suit the video?

- a1sy - 2012-02-07

DDDamian Wrote:Almost certainly WASAPI rejected initialize call - not sure on your card either. but a debug log is essential in this case, especially on developmental code. How to post a Debug Log.

Thanks a lot
I am running to work now, but need to find how to get log out. Will try tonight.
Appreciate your help.

- fezster - 2012-02-07

DDDamian Wrote:Good - the first statement means the WASAPI end is fine. I used 7.1 as the speaker setup in XBMC. Sounding like there's a channel-mapping issue in XBMC, but this code was untouched by DanielaE's patch and 7.1 flacs are pretty darned rare. For music I usually set to 5.1 and let my AVR matrix the back channels with PLIIx.

True say Damian, I don't have any.

Thanks for the feedback - going to enjoy the setup for a while now Big Grin

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-07

T800 Wrote:Doesn't that mean that the audio will be changed in some way (resampled) to suit the video?

Yes, it means that it will try to re-sample the audio to match up with the video, which it is syncing to the display.

With regular DD and DTS bitstream tracks I have never observed any frame loss because of this, but I am losing/dropping some frames when I bitstream DTS-MA and Dolby True using this method.

It's kind of confusing, because if the audio is bit streamed it does not make sense that it could be re-sampled at all, since XBMC is not decoding or managing the audio really.

Also, for my i3, I don't use DXVA, because it doesn't work right with i3 on-board graphics, so just be aware that you don't have to turn DXVA on in all scenarios.

- Slipx - 2012-02-07

voip-ninja Wrote:Yes, it means that it will try to re-sample the audio to match up with the video, which it is syncing to the display.

With regular DD and DTS bitstream tracks I have never observed any frame loss because of this, but I am losing/dropping some frames when I bitstream DTS-MA and Dolby True using this method.

It's kind of confusing, because if the audio is bit streamed it does not make sense that it could be re-sampled at all, since XBMC is not decoding or managing the audio really.

Also, for my i3, I don't use DXVA, because it doesn't work right with i3 on-board graphics, so just be aware that you don't have to turn DXVA on in all scenarios.

DXVA works fine on my i3. I only enable adjust display refresh rate and manually set an audio delay of 225ms to sync correctly. I dont enable sync playback to display

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-07

Slipx Wrote:DXVA works fine on my i3. I only enable adjust display refresh rate and manually set an audio delay of 225ms to sync correctly. I dont enable sync playback to display

I will try it, but everyone is complaining about stuttering and macro-block artifacts with DXVA enabled. You are using the iGPU and not an outboard video card?

Also if you don't sync playback to display, then you will get frame loss, because the i3 is not capable of perfect 23.976 playback, and typically when the drops happen when you don't sync to display they are very noticeable.

- bluray - 2012-02-07

a1sy Wrote:I did try these settings with 5.1 setup and choose my xonar hdav 1.3 slim card yesterday, still no audio and very slow jumping video.Huh
Thank you
If I understand this correctly, you are connecting your system this way- HTPC-->Xonar via DVI cable and Xonar-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables. Did you selected Xonar HDMI output and configure speaker to 2-channel stereo in W7 control panel? You need to select the same Xonar HDMI output in XBMC audio output and Wasapi!

- Slipx - 2012-02-07

voip-ninja Wrote:I will try it, but everyone is complaining about stuttering and macro-block artifacts with DXVA enabled. You are using the iGPU and not an outboard video card?

Also if you don't sync playback to display, then you will get frame loss, because the i3 is not capable of perfect 23.976 playback, and typically when the drops happen when you don't sync to display they are very noticeable.

Yes using on-board graphics. I don't get any noticeable drops.

- mrhyde1969 - 2012-02-07

Done some more testing myself and I am also getting TRUE-HD problems, but DIGITAl PLUS plays fine. Weird cause with the July version I have been using it was the other way round, TRUE HD played fine but DIGITAL PLUS wouldnt play Huh All my HDDVD's and Blu's have been ripped with MAKEMKV

- steelman1991 - 2012-02-07

I too had difficulty with several TrueHD files. I checked and found too that all had been ripped using MakeMKV. re-ripping with anothereac3to has resolved all my playback problems.

Seems that MakeMKV may have introduced something to the rip that is causing problems. Any one else clarify.

DTS-MA files ripped using MakeMKV do not show the same characteristics.