Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

- mrhyde1969 - 2012-02-08

bluray Wrote:You can use TsMuxer to convert it to M2TS as I suggested in the earlier post. It's free and it'll take about 10 minutes!

Hey Blu, you say that you just rip the mts2 files using ANYHDDVD then remux!! Can I ask how you know which subtitles to keep and which to get rid off? I ripped Max Payne last night using this method but there are 20 subtitle streams and i couldnt see which where English Huh
Make MKV identifies the English subs and lets me omit the others...

- T800 - 2012-02-08

mrhyde1969 Wrote:Hey Blu, you say that you just rip the mts2 files using ANYHDDVD then remux!! Can I ask how you know which subtitles to keep and which to get rid off? I ripped Max Payne last night using this method but there are 20 subtitle streams and i couldnt see which where English Huh

Most of the time tsMuxer identifies what language the audio/subs are.
On the few that don't I scan the disc with MakeMKV or BDinfo to identify them myself.

EDIT:
You can remux straight from the disc if your using ANYHDDVD and tsMuxer.

- steelman1991 - 2012-02-08

mrhyde1969 Wrote:Hey Blu, you say that you just rip the mts2 files using ANYHDDVD then remux!! Can I ask how you know which subtitles to keep and which to get rid off? I ripped Max Payne last night using this method but there are 20 subtitle streams and i couldnt see which where English Huh
An alternative to consider is Another EAC3toGUI - http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17002 - hasn't been actively developed for some time, but hasn't let me down yet. It will, like MakeMKV identify subs automatically.

- Alz2605 - 2012-02-08

Alz2605 Wrote:Hmmm... I'm getting micro stutters on some of my bluray rips and others play fine. The audio is perfect though and sounds amazing and I don't see any lip sync issues on either sound formats on the rips that play correctly.

But I can't understand what is causing the micro stutters on the rips that previously played perfectly. They're a mix of mkv and m2ts files with either Dolby true hd or dts hd and all have been ripped in the same way. I've tried a combination of different settings and I've updated to catalyst 12.1 and Realteks latest ati hdmi audio driver for windows 7.

Any suggestions? I don't like the idea on missing out on this great feature.

I think I've found a solution to my micro stutters. I deleted my guisettings as it suddenly dawned on me that I had recently upgraded my av amp and TV and there must have been something in my guisettings relating to my old setup. The stuttering stopped but like voip-ninja I was still getting a lot of dropped frames.

After trying a few different things I think I've found a way to minimise these. First I set my desktop resolution setting to 1080p/24 as well as adjust display refresh to match video. But my films went back stuttering and then stalling altogether after a few seconds. Then I looked at the setting on my Onkyo 609 amp and set it to output 1080p/24 instead of AUTO and the films played fine again without any noticeable frame drops.

After watching all of Colombiana I only had 2 dropped frames according to the codec info. I think thats a result for me but I'll need to play around more with the settings as having my desktop set to 1080p/24 is not ideal. But I prefer that to my TV going blank for a few seconds and saying searching for input every time I select a film to play in XBMC.

DTS HD issue - Senthil - 2012-02-08

DDDamian Wrote:Almost certainly WASAPI rejected initialize call - not sure on your card either. but a debug log is essential in this case, especially on developmental code. How to post a Debug Log.

i have same asus xonar hdav1.3 card and having similar issue. i have tried all the different configuration in xbmc and windows audio settings nothing seems work.. here is my log.. someone please help :confused2:

Full Log Here..

http://pastebin.com/FSK2939s

Specially this area

01:49:34 T:3384 NOTICE: Opening audio stream: 3 source: 256
01:49:34 T:3384 NOTICE: Finding audio codec for: 86020/60
01:49:34 T:3584 NOTICE: running thread: video_thread
01:49:34 T:3384 NOTICE: Creating audio thread
01:49:34 T:3384 NOTICE: Opening Subtitle stream: 4 source: 256
01:49:34 T:3928 NOTICE: running thread: CDVDPlayerAudio:Tonguerocess()
01:49:34 T:3928 NOTICE: Creating audio device with codec id: 86020, channels: 2, sample rate: 48000, pass-through
01:49:34 T:3928 ERROR: CWin32WASAPI::Initialize: Audio format not supported by the WASAPI device. Channels: 8, Rate: 192000, Bits/sample: 16.
01:49:34 T:3928 ERROR: CWin32WASAPI::Initialize: WASAPI initialization failed.
01:49:34 T:3928 ERROR: CWin32DirectSound::Initialize: cannot create secondary buffer (DSERR_UNSUPPORTED)
01:49:34 T:3928 ERROR: Creating a Null Audio Renderer, Check your audio settings as this should not happen
01:49:34 T:3584 NOTICE: fps: 29.970030, pwidth: 1920, pheight: 1080, dwidth: 1920, dheight: 1080
01:49:34 T:3584 NOTICE: Display resolution DESKTOP : 1920x1080 @ 60.00 - Full Screen (12)
01:49:34 T:3584 NOTICE: D3D: rendering method forced to DXVA2 processor
01:49:38 T:3160 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
01:49:38 T:3160 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
01:49:38 T:3384 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
01:49:38 T:3384 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: closing audio stream
01:49:38 T:3384 NOTICE: Closing audio stream

- greysquirrel - 2012-02-08

bluray Wrote:You can use TsMuxer to convert it to M2TS as I suggested in the earlier post. It's free and it'll take about 10 minutes!

I had tried that but tsmuxer says that it contains an invalid track and will only load the video file? I'm not that fussed atm as I will try a rerip with another prog and see if it is makemkv causing the problems or just that my system can't do THD.
Would you advise ripping to m2ts rather than mkv anyway?
thanks for you continued help with this btw.

- T800 - 2012-02-08

greysquirrel Wrote:I had tried that but tsmuxer says that it contains an invalid track and will only load the video file? I'm not that fussed atm as I will try a rerip with another prog and see if it is makemkv causing the problems or just that my system can't do THD.
Would you advise ripping to m2ts rather than mkv anyway?
thanks for you continued help with this btw.

Are the TrueHD files your trying to do HD DVD rips?

.m2ts has the most header information then .ts then .mkv. The more header information the bigger the file.

Years ago when I started ripping my HD DVD collection .ts files would bitstream HD audio on a Popcorn Hour where as a .mkv would not. I still use .ts now (for full Blu-ray rips), the only downside is no chapters but I don't want chapters anyway.

T800 Wrote:Most of the time tsMuxer identifies what language the audio/subs are.
On the few that don't I scan the disc with MakeMKV or BDinfo to identify them myself.

EDIT:
You can remux straight from the disc if your using ANYHDDVD and tsMuxer.

I take it that you use tmuxer to set the parameters of ripping and ANYHDDVD runs in the background? Is it better to keep as mts2 file or rip as mkv ?

- T800 - 2012-02-08

mrhyde1969 Wrote:I take it that you use tmuxer to set the parameters of ripping and ANYHDDVD runs in the background? Is it better to keep as mts2 file or rip as mkv ?

Yes.
That's up to you. m2ts is about 4% larger than .mkv and has no chapter support. m2ts is native to blu-ray.

T800 Wrote:Yes.
That's up to you. m2ts is about 4% larger than .mkv and has no chapter support. m2ts is native t oo blu-ray.

Are there and advantages of keeping m2ts over mkv ?

- greysquirrel - 2012-02-08

THD file is a blu ray rip. I don't want chapters and not fussed about a slightly larger file size. I might try some m2ts rips.

- Kerbys - 2012-02-08

Got a simular setup!

You are a complete legend in my books!

- DDDamian - 2012-02-08

Senthil Wrote:http://pastebin.com/FSK2939s

This is not a debug log - enable debugging first. It appears the error is obvious but we're missing information...

- htpc guy - 2012-02-08

htpc guy Wrote:It's not going to happen since its a windows only feature. Audeo Engine should come in deodorant and will be cross platform.

Laughteaches me for responding to a post from my cell phoneLaugh
That was supposed to say Audio Engine will be available in Frodo, i.e. the next release of XBMC after Eden.

- DDDamian - 2012-02-08

htpc guy Wrote:Laughteaches me for responding to a post from my cell phoneLaugh
That was supposed to say Audio Engine will be available in Frodo, i.e. the next release of XBMC after Eden.

Lol, wondered about the "deodorant" part. Yes, AE is multi-platform, although it wouldn't surprise me if someone wasn't furiously adapting the iOS or ALSA sinks now...

What I find amazing (not to denigrate Daniela's fine accomplishment here: she acknowledges it was done with the intent of minimal modification to trunk code) is how little code was added to make it happen, some of which came from AE. It was clever indeed.

The modification of the sink files to accomodate other platforms is quite minor to someone with access to them for testing.