Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

- atlind01 - 2012-02-08

I just installed it and works flawless with DTS HD, TrueHD, DTS-ES Matrix and DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 streams
I have an Ati HD5750 with HDMI -> Onkyo NR709

BTW, I have one quick question, what's the difference between "Decoded" vs "Core" options for Other DTS Streams.

- T800 - 2012-02-08

atlind01 Wrote:I just installed it and works flawless with DTS HD, TrueHD, DTS-ES Matrix and DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 streams
I have an Ati HD5750 with HDMI -> Onkyo NR709

BTW, I have one quick question, what's the difference between "Decoded" vs "Core" options for Other DTS Streams.

Decoded means it will decode the DTS core of the track and output LPCM to your receiver (mainly for old receivers).

Core means it will bitstream the core of the DTS track to your receiver to decode.

So if you receiver doesn't support DTS-HD MA but does support DTS-HD the core of the DTS-HD MA track will be either decoded or bitstreamed.

- bluray - 2012-02-08

a1sy Wrote:Bluray, what's the theory behind?
Output of Xonar is perfect HDMI signal, both Video and Audio.
It works perfectly with Denon receiver and both True HD and DTS-HD Master shows up. Actually Xonar (not slim, but it's the same) card listed on the 1st page of XBMC thread.
Do you suggest to use SPDIF for troubleshooting or you think it is some incompatibility?
Thank you
It seem that XBMC is not recognizing HDMI signal from Xonar. Since DVI to HDMI cable is directly out of your 9600GT, XBMC will more likely recoginize it. If you have DVI to HDMI cable, I am suggesting to try it. If you check your 9600GT original box, the SPDIF header cable might be in it. My friend 9600GT included SPDIF header cable!

- bluray - 2012-02-08

Alz2605 Wrote:Then I looked at the setting on my Onkyo 609 amp and set it to output 1080p/24 instead of AUTO and the films played fine again without any noticeable frame drops.
Why not set your 609 to pass-thru video? You HTPC and HDTV is capable of doing these jobs. 609 is left with just audio codecs to process!

- bluray - 2012-02-08

greysquirrel Wrote:I had tried that but tsmuxer says that it contains an invalid track and will only load the video file? I'm not that fussed atm as I will try a rerip with another prog and see if it is makemkv causing the problems or just that my system can't do THD.
Would you advise ripping to m2ts rather than mkv anyway?
thanks for you continued help with this btw.
You might have a bad ripped file by MakeMKV then. If the TrueHD codec is valid, TsMuxer should be able to recoginize it. You can re-rip it from the original BD!

Works great ! - jeromem75 - 2012-02-08

Laugh very happy.

Asrock Vision 3D with GT425M, DTS-MA etc... worked great !
It is plugged on a Denon AVCA1HD Big Grin

- cyradix - 2012-02-08

Thank you very much for this!! Big Grin
Works perfectly on my system. Win 7 + GT 430 + denon NR609

- Kerbys - 2012-02-08

If i have eden installed atm can i uninstall but leave my libary? i have a large libary takes a few hours to scrape everything!

- CpTHOOK - 2012-02-08

htpc guy Wrote:Laughteaches me for responding to a post from my cell phoneLaugh
That was supposed to say Audio Engine will be available in Frodo, i.e. the next release of XBMC after Eden.

Thanks for the clarification. Sorry for the PM tho', but I just couldnt risk it...lolLaugh

- DDDamian - 2012-02-08

Kerbys Wrote:If i have eden installed atm can i uninstall but leave my libary? i have a large libary takes a few hours to scrape everything!

Yes you can - your video library will be updated (and copied) but the old one will remain untouched. You can either install over your Eden directory or install to a new directory (maybe XBMC-HD) so you can keep both.

One thing that will be affected is guisettings.xml - back this up (rename) before launching this version.

- Kerbys - 2012-02-08

DDDamian Wrote:Yes you can - your video library will be updated (and copied) but the old one will remain untouched. You can either install over your Eden directory or install to a new directory (maybe XBMC-HD) so you can keep both.

One thing that will be affected is guisettings.xml - back this up (rename) before launching this version.

cheers buddy will give this a go tonight! Laugh

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-08

Guys, I'm wondering if anyone else can confirm that they get periodic frame loss with DTS-MA tracks due to the previously described limitation in XBMC with how it calculates the frame offsets?

I am pretty happy with this, but if I start noticing the frame drops I will have to back it out, because on a 65" TV, loss of frame is extremely noticeable to me.

- a11599 - 2012-02-08

You can try the build in my signature (this is what I use on my HTPCs). It is supposed to fix this issue (it also has some other nice patches Wink). It is based on 29 Dec master (~ Eden beta 1). So don't be surprised if you see an older version of your library after setup.

- thrak76 - 2012-02-08

AWESOME!

I bought a Radeon HD6450 after finding this thread. It replaced my aging 3450 this afternoon.

5 minutes later....voila!! Perfect bitstraming (so far) to my Denon avr2809. The only setting that i changed (besides the bitstreaming) is to sync my display to the audio clock. I've only previewed a few minutes of few different videos, but DTS-MA and TrueHD are coming through loud and clear.

Thanks Daniela!!

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-08

a11599 Wrote:You can try the build in my signature (this is what I use on my HTPCs). It is supposed to fix this issue (it also has some other nice patches Wink). It is based on 29 Dec master (~ Eden beta 1). So don't be surprised if you see an older version of your library after setup.

Does it include this HD audio patch? Any chance you will be building one with this new HD audio patch as well as building on Eden 2?