Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

- publicENEMY - 2012-02-10

Wow! cant thank you enough!

Should be stickied.

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-10

Maybe Daniela can update 1st post with link to DDDamian's new build.

- a1sy - 2012-02-10

bluray Wrote:If you want to order a new GPU, I was going to suggest AMD for Windows instead. It seem to work better with W7+XBMC. This $35 (SAPPHIRE 100322L Radeon HD 6450 1GB) should be able to playback BD in full 1080P video, bitstreaming DTS-HD/TrueHD and 3D too!

Ok, cancelled GT430, ordered 6450 per your recomendation,seems saved about 20$ too Nod
Thanks again

- Slipx - 2012-02-10

PatrickBateman Wrote:I use the same except I use dirty regions 3 and 100 noflip.
I've not tried allow3d9ex yet? What is this one?

I tried setting that to false as suggested and it messed up my display. Random numerical characters missing when looking at movie duration etc. Just commented it out. All others gui settings seemed to work. Not sure what they do

- DDDamian - 2012-02-10

From the Wiki:
<allowd3d9ex>
Applies only to Windows Vista and up. Values: true/false.
Allows xbmc to use Direct3D 9Ex, which is a bit more stable and robust than Direct3D 9.
Default value: true.
<allowd3d9ex>true</allowd3d9ex>

and:

<forced3d9ex>
Windows only: XBMC attempts to detect drivers released for a version earlier than Vista,
to avoid using advanced features which are often not emulated correctly. The detection may be incorrect and this setting allows forcing the
using of D3D9Ex.
<forced3d9ex>false</forced3d9ex>

* Basically allow/force Direct3D9 Extensions. Your mileage may vary - as you can see from my earlier post I have turned off.

<useddsfanart>
This settings allows XBMC to use your GPU rendering fanart and some other images. This will make loading images considerably faster, especially on systems with slower processors (e.g. atom based systems).
To enable dds fanart in xbmc, add the following to your advancedsettings.xml:
<advancedsettings>
<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
</advancedsettings>

* Use hardware (GPU) acceleration of fanart display.

People have had varying success with dirtyregions - devs tend to advise a comprimise of setting 3 for compatibility - experiment when you're bored. I use setting 1 for speed but get some flickering of text boxes if I linger over them. In all cases lowers CPU/GPU power consumption at idle, which is defined by the timeout <nofliptimeout>xxxmsec</nofliptimeout>.

Glad some noticed the speed difference - I use Transparancy most which can be a tad laggy - not with this build Big Grin

Depending on what people report & what commits I see being useful I may do another build for Eden final, maybe not. From what I've seen the biggest beta 3 issue to date has to do with database upgrades. I'm more interested in AE myself, but this is something folks have been waiting patiently for and AE simply isn't ready yet for mainstream.

I do have some ideas on what's happening with TrueHD, but would rather apply the time to AE as it already supports 24bit, and there is a perfect workaround here passing it as LPCM. So unless other's get busy patching for TrueHD and 24bit output this may be as good as it gets for a while. That might change again if someone adapts the ALSA sink for Linux hint hint.

- DDDamian - 2012-02-10

Wanilton Wrote:I Think advancedsettings.xml from a11559 is more fine for use with DDDamian version, download file here

Thx Wanilton - good to see you here Big Grin

- SkItZo - 2012-02-10

AMAZING work guys. Thank you SO much for this. My AVR finally has a use Tongue

10x - ambar - 2012-02-10

WOW!!!!!
awesome work done here.
so far it seems to work flawlessly
many many thanks for this great release!!!

- DDDamian - 2012-02-10

DDDamian Wrote:My ears were burning Laugh

XBMC Beta 3 + HD-Audio + Global AV Delay

Taken today from master plus DanielaE's HD audio patch + a11599's timing correction and global AV delay, compiled with installer.

You might find it a little zippier too Cool

Good work all.

Just to keep it easy to access - can't sticky lol - 400 d/l's so far, no complaints Cool

- Big_Ben - 2012-02-11

Keep up the good work Damian & Daniela, great build !

- htpc guy - 2012-02-11

Love this build. Quick question though...

I've ripped a movie with HD audio (The Dark Knight). I used DVDFab Paskey to remove the encryption and then copied the .m2ts file to my server. It plays flawlessly. No dropped frames and the audio sounds excellent. My receiver lights up with TrueHD which is great as well. My query is how to get xbmc (using Aeon Nox) to recognize that this title has HD audio? I've created a playlist (as suggested earlier in this thread) and the title doesn't show up. The file name is The Dark Knight-2008-bluray.truHD.m2ts. Any thoughts?

- charlievoviii - 2012-02-11

DDDamian Wrote:My ears were burning Laugh

XBMC Beta 3 + HD-Audio + Global AV Delay

Taken today from master plus DanielaE's HD audio patch + a11599's timing correction and global AV delay, compiled with installer.

You might find it a little zippier too Cool

Good work all.

okie after i install it do i need to adjust anything and where ?

- htpc guy - 2012-02-11

DDDamian Wrote:Just to keep it easy to access - can't sticky lol - 400 d/l's so far, no complaints Cool

Good Lord! 400 DL's all ready? That is amazing work my man.
Have your self one of these

- htpc guy - 2012-02-11

charlievoviii Wrote:okie after i install it do i need to adjust anything and where ?

First post has screenshots of the settings screen. If your graphics card and receiver both support HD audio then you shouldn't have any issues emulating the setup in the first post.

- charlievoviii - 2012-02-11

htpc guy Wrote:First post has screenshots of the settings screen. If your graphics card and receiver both support HD audio then you shouldn't have any issues emulating the setup in the first post.

lol, im talking about the Damien merge with Daniela file. The one that fix audio sync issue. Do I need to adjust anything in XMBC after install? or does it automatically work ?