Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

- Vapour - 2012-02-04

Hope someone cna help here. very new to XBMC due to its lack of bitstreaming i've just never bothered with it. i founnd this and other threads with the details of how to bitstream so took thhe plunge, why oh why did i not do this earlier, what a superb prog.

anyway back to the issue. i can get bitstreaming to work but the video is now all messed up and unwatchable Sad very slow, jerky playabck. i hope its something simple i have overlooked, any ideas?

do all the drivers need to be the latest, i havemt updated them due to it causeing issues with my current build using PDVD + media browser.

any info required let me know and i'll post it, hope someone can help here, i'm so close to the holy grail !!!!!!!!!!!

- Montellese - 2012-02-04

Are you on windows? If so have you tried enabling DXVA2 in the System -> Video settings?

- Vapour - 2012-02-04

Hi, yes i'm on win7. i've tried having that on and off, with no effect

- DDDamian - 2012-02-04

Vapour Wrote:Hi, yes i'm on win7. i've tried having that on and off, with no effect

Can't recommend latest drivers enough! Amazing what they fix. It'd be my first thing to look into. BTW welcome to the forums and to XBMC - it's without equal, and this work by Daniela solves probably the biggest complaint some may have against it. It's as feature-rich a program as you want it to be, and it never ceases to amaze me just how fast progress is on it, and how responsive and dynamic the whole development team and community are.

@Montellese - thx for the info on the db update.

- TeKo - 2012-02-04

Check the video settings, I had problems when I accidently activated:
adjust display...
and
sync playback...

- Vapour - 2012-02-04

ok, i'll update all the video and audio drivers tomorrow. as for the settings, i have mine set as per a previous post with thhe pictures showing the settings to use.
only thing different is the Audio output device (i guess that depends of what card and drivers you are using, right?)

@DDDaimen --- thanks for the warm welcome, as from what i've seen sofar i can only echo what you've said, i'm stunned by what i'm finding with every press of a button, pure genius.

Thanks for your help folkss, much appreciated, i'll post back to let you know if my issues are resloved.

Andy

- Dixon Butz - 2012-02-04

Vapour Wrote:Hope someone cna help here. very new to XBMC due to its lack of bitstreaming i've just never bothered with it. i founnd this and other threads with the details of how to bitstream so took thhe plunge, why oh why did i not do this earlier, what a superb prog.

anyway back to the issue. i can get bitstreaming to work but the video is now all messed up and unwatchable Sad very slow, jerky playabck. i hope its something simple i have overlooked, any ideas?

do all the drivers need to be the latest, i havemt updated them due to it causeing issues with my current build using PDVD + media browser.

any info required let me know and i'll post it, hope someone can help here, i'm so close to the holy grail !!!!!!!!!!!

Try this:

Go to system-> system-> video output, and uncheck "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen".

That seems to fix the slow video for me.

- ArieS - 2012-02-05

Just installed it, DTS-MA and PCM work great.
The problem is TrueHD, the video is extremely choppy! Unwatchable.
I tried checking and unchecking "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen"
Same result...
Any idea?

- DDDamian - 2012-02-05

ArieS Wrote:Just installed it, DTS-MA and PCM work great.
The problem is TrueHD, the video is extremely choppy! Unwatchable.
I tried checking and unchecking "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen"
Same result...
Any idea?

Way too many variables - and not affecting others here. Would say you have a more generic issue not related to this. You'd need to give specs and a debug log or it's just guesswork.

- ArieS - 2012-02-05

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm off to work now so I'll post one tomorrow.

By the way, thanks a lot Daniela. This is great.
Now post an address so we can send you flowers :p

- Jimbo Ro - 2012-02-05

My issue of having to change the audio track is fixed. For some reason I had to manually set my desktop to 60 Hz via my advanced tab in my monitor section, otherwise the nVidia control panel would do so...but disable the HD audio formats from the HDMI audio tab.

This is great....for the first time ever I've seen Dolby Digital + light up on my receiver lol....and now no skips like I saw in the AE branch.

- meridius - 2012-02-05

DDDamian Wrote:Way too many variables - and not affecting others here. Would say you have a more generic issue not related to this. You'd need to give specs and a debug log or it's just guesswork.

Hi mate what ati drivers are u using as there has been some really bad driver video problems with some drivers

Cheers

- DDDamian - 2012-02-05

meridius Wrote:Hi mate what ati drivers are u using as there has been some really bad driver video problems with some drivers

Cheers

Hey meridius - AMD/ATI 6450 with HDMI Audio driver AMD 7.12.0.7705 dated 12/6/2011 - it's in the latest Catalyst package 12.1. Video driver ATI 8.930.0.00 dated 12/5/2011 from the same package.

Great playback and HDMI audio support - everything I've thrown at it has worked!

- bluray - 2012-02-05

DDDamian Wrote:Hey meridius - AMD/ATI 6450 with HDMI Audio driver AMD 7.12.0.7705 dated 12/6/2011 - it's in the latest Catalyst package 12.1. Video driver ATI 8.930.0.00 dated 12/5/2011 from the same package.

Great playback and HDMI audio support - everything I've thrown at it has worked!
+1, I have the latest AMD 12.1 driver on my HTPC's too. Everything works great!

@meridius- you can download it from here- Graphics Drivers & Software.

- TechLife - 2012-02-05

I think I'm in love. :p

I'll try it out on my i5 as soon as I can and let you know how it works. I am SO excited!!

Thank you!