Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

- DanielaE - 2012-02-18

Dixon Butz Wrote:I can now play multi channel DTS flac's in XBMC that were ripped from DTS audio CD's.
This works with DTS-CDs in WAV container, too. I've created some of those myself Laugh

- Dixon Butz - 2012-02-18

DanielaE Wrote:This works with DTS-CDs in WAV container, too. I've created some of those myself Laugh

I could not get a DTS audio CD to play from the "Play Disc" in XBMC. Is that what you mean? Or you ripped the DTS waves and played them as files in XBMC?

- bluray - 2012-02-18

I'm not sure that it is worth mention in here. I tried to playback a newer "Contagion" blu-ray disc on 4 PC's with Intel i3/E7200, AMD APU/X4, Nvidia and HDxxxx GPU's for the last several days. All CPU's/GPU's suffered severe video frames drops and Macroblocking. AMD/Nvidia GPU suffered video frames drops every 7 minutes (5-15 seconds each time), and i3 iGPU got the worst of it because it suffered video frame drops every 30-40 seconds (5-15 seconds each time and it's not watchable). I was able to finish the movie with AMD GPU. What I'm trying to point out here is- it could be blu-ray movie related too. I thought it was a bad blu-ray disc, but it happpened the same way with both Redbox and Netflix discs on the same movie.

My conclusion- i3 suffered the most frame drops when playback "Contagion" using both Daniela/DDDamien XBMC builds and TMT5 as an external player. Since AMD and Nvidia GPU's suffered frame drops every 7 minutes, it was watchable. I don't have the same problem with my other BD's. It was a weird experience to say the least! Huh

- nikc0069 - 2012-02-18

DDDamian Wrote:I hope you have luck with the fresh Windows install, but what happens behind the scene is XBMC asks WASAPI to initialize the card with a given set of parameters, in this case with an 8-channel, 192khz layout, and a media sub-type of DTS-MA. WASAPI passes this directly to the audio driver (ATI). The driver returns either yes or an error code via WASAPI. Failed to initialize happens if the driver rejects the format as being within it's capabilities per your hardware.

No joy. Computer still says no.... Sad Fresh install, catalyst drivers only, going to onkyo amp. Would a log help?

- nikc0069 - 2012-02-18

DanielaE Wrote:I'd recommend to run Monitor Asset Manager and look for a info block like this one on my rig:
Code:
CE audio data (formats supported)
  LPCM    2-channel, 16/20/24 bit depths at 32/44/48/88/96/176/192 kHz
  LPCM    8-channel, 16/20/24 bit depths at 32/44/48/88/96/176/192 kHz
  AC-3    6-channel,  640k max. bit rate at 32/44/48 kHz
  DTS     7-channel, 1536k max. bit rate at 32/44/48/88/96 kHz
  SACD    6-channel                      at 44 kHz
  DD+     8-channel                      at 44/48 kHz
  DVD-A   8-channel                      at 48/96/192 kHz
  DTS-HD  8-channel, 16-bit              at 48/96/192 kHz

Yea it reports that block. totally stumped

- apgood - 2012-02-18

nikc0069 Wrote:It is an AMD fusion platform so it has the E350 APU with an on-die 6310 graphics card. It is running on an E350M1 mobo from ASRock and is capable of streaming everything else. The specs say it is capable and I have seen other people running this board with the Catalyst 12.1 drivers. Interestingly, they don't get the DTS-HDMA showing in the properties of the HDMI audio device either, but still get the output. They may be getting the DTS core but my amp will tell me if I am getting that.

Moreover, when I set to output via WASAPI to th AMD HDMI device, and set my receiver capable of Master Audio, it fails to initialize. Setting it to DTS-HD does in fact pass the core to my receiver.

Hope I don't sound like I'm complaining - I appreciate the work that you guys do and once I get this working I'm sure it will be awesome Smile

Might have already been fix further down, but might be some sort of EIDE issue that an eide override might fix (see avs forum thread by tulli).

- DDDamian - 2012-02-18

nikc0069 Wrote:No joy. Computer still says no.... Sad Fresh install, catalyst drivers only, going to onkyo amp. Would a log help?

Sending a PM to a build with some much different coding, but with much deeper log analysis. If you're game then install it to a seperate directory and back-up/rename your guisettings.xml file for the test.

Set it up for DTS-MA, exit, re-launch and play a movie with DTS-MA, then post your log. After that simply restore your guisettings.xml to go back to normal.

- DanielaE - 2012-02-18

Dixon Butz Wrote:I could not get a DTS audio CD to play from the "Play Disc" in XBMC. Is that what you mean? Or you ripped the DTS waves and played them as files in XBMC?

With 'creating DTS-CDs myself' I meant that literally: encoding multichannel wave audio into CD compatible DTS, to be burned onto CD for playback elsewhere.

- DDDamian - 2012-02-18

DanielaE Wrote:With 'creating DTS-CDs myself' I meant that literally: encoding multichannel wave audio into CD compatible DTS, to be burned onto CD for playback elsewhere.

I have many of those burned to disc. Hmmmm might resurrect a few. Right now I have ~30 DVD-A's and ~60 SACDs though, and for pure audio they're amazing. My Denon CD & Universal Players each handle DTS-CD Smile

- DDDamian - 2012-02-18

@voip-ninja - hate to think we've steered you wrong somehow - can only report what I observe. It may be that my processor is a tad more powerful. I also play with things in my personal builds that simply cannot go into binaries as a matter of policy, such as the thread priorities.

It may be that a solution appears for the TrueHD dropouts you're experiencing and that will allow you to use your preferred video settings.

- meridius - 2012-02-18

Hi all

I went into the ati cc drivers and selected smooth playback option to on but I also have the de-interlacing selected to on. I was wondering why u all turn this off. Would it not be best to leave it on for none he martial ?

Cheers

- DDDamian - 2012-02-18

Just don't enable deinterlacing in both XBMC & CCC. Frankly I let the driver handle it.

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-18

DDDamian Wrote:Just don't enable deinterlacing in both XBMC & CCC. Frankly I let the driver handle it.

If deinterlacing is turned off in both CCC and XBMC then it's probably being passed to the display interlaced and the display is deinterlacing it.

- DDDamian - 2012-02-18

voip-ninja Wrote:If deinterlacing is turned off in both CCC and XBMC then it's probably being passed to the display interlaced and the display is deinterlacing it.

Exactly - pick your processor Smile

- nikc0069 - 2012-02-18

DDDamian Wrote:Sending a PM to a build with some much different coding, but with much deeper log analysis. If you're game then install it to a seperate directory and back-up/rename your guisettings.xml file for the test.

Set it up for DTS-MA, exit, re-launch and play a movie with DTS-MA, then post your log. After that simply restore your guisettings.xml to go back to normal.

Tried it twice for good measure with different files:

Log 1:

http://pastebin.com/qD0hKMfT

Log 2:

http://kl1p.com/log2