Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

- mrhyde1969 - 2012-02-19

Would you know of a fix?

- DDDamian - 2012-02-19

mrhyde1969 Wrote:Just a little off topic here guys if you dont mind. But since installing Daniela's latest build I am getting an annoying problem with 'movie sets'. the thing is every time that I restart my computer I have to re-enable 'movie sets' within the Settings>VIDEO page. I never had this problem before. Is this related to this build only or is it a BETA 3 issue ? Huh anyone else having this issue?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=122523&highlight=movie+sets

- solidsatras - 2012-02-19

dtviewer Wrote:Good job........
Thanks Smile

bluray Wrote:7. We'll see how it turn out!
Check 1 through 7, Onkyo Firmware is up to date.
Here is a log with your suggested video playback options:
Debug Log
Unfortunately it didn´t help.

DDDamian Wrote:+1 - This is the single best request for help I've seen.

Solidsatras - can I suggest two things:

1) Rename guisettings.xml to something else like guisettings.bak.xml and re-start XBMC. There's a line in your debug suggesting the dts passthrough gui setting was not read correctly.

2) In the Windows audio device panel, go to the last tab (Advanced) and ensure that "Enable applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode applications priority" are both Checked or Enabled".

1) We tried that, here is a new Debug Log with the default guisettings.xml (only absolute necessary audio/video options were set)
2) Check

voip-ninja Wrote:Solidsatras,
From all of the discussion it would appear that every time someone gets "failed to initialize" the problem is caused by EDID handshake failure or driver issues.

The only drivers installed are the original ASRock:
AMD all in 1 driver ver:8.86RC2
Realtek high definition audio driver ver:R2.62 (also tried the new 2.67)
Realtek Lan driver ver:7.044

and the AMD Catalyst 12.1

Do you think it would help to connect a newer TV? There is a pretty new Samsung LED FullHD standing around, maybe we can test it.

For what I understand of the Monitor Asset Manager Report it should work.

Any more suggestions are more than welcome...

It´s really great of all of you to try to help us out here Nod can´t thank you enough.

- bluray - 2012-02-19

solidsatras Wrote:Thanks Smile
Check 1 through 7, Onkyo Firmware is up to date.
Here is a log with your suggested video playback options:
Debug Log
Unfortunately it didn´t help.
I understood that you checked my suggestions 1 to 7, but HTPC doesn't seem to recognize TX-NR809. If it is, you should see "TX-NR809/AMD HD" in Windows 7 control panel and "Audio output device WASAPI: TX-NR809 (AMD HD)" in XBMC audio output settings. Do you have another HDMI cable to try between your HTPC and AVR? You should see configuration similar to my screen shots below, and your system should show up as "TX-NR809/AMD HD".

solidsatras Wrote:Do you think it would help to connect a newer TV? There is a pretty new Samsung LED FullHD standing around, maybe we can test it.
Since HDTV is connected on the output side of TX-NR809, it shouldn't effect audio. You should be looking at between HTPC and TX-NR809 instead.

- solidsatras - 2012-02-19

bluray Wrote:I understood that you checked my suggestions 1 to 7, but HTPC doesn't seem to recognize TX-NR809. If it is, you should see "TX-NR809/AMD HD" in Windows 7 control panel and "Audio output device WASAPI: TX-NR809 (AMD HD)" in XBMC audio output settings. Do you have another HDMI cable to try between your HTPC and AVR? You should see configuration similar to my screen shots below, and your system should show up as "TX-NR809/AMD HD".

You are right, it only states "AMD HDMI Output" and not "TX-NR809/AMD HD"
For both connections HTPC -> AVR and AVR -> TV this cable is used.
We will try another cable tomorrow, hopefully it will solve our problem.
Thank you in advance Smile

- bluray - 2012-02-19

solidsatras Wrote:You are right, it only states "AMD HDMI Output" and not "TX-NR809/AMD HD"
For both connections HTPC -> AVR and AVR -> TV this cable is used.
We will try another cable tomorrow, hopefully it will solve our problem.
Thank you in advance Smile
That seems to be a good quality HDMI cable. Regardless of the quality of the cable, it can have bad cable w/ any brand. When you are ready to change out HDMI cable between HTPC-->AVR, please do it with both components in off stage. If switched out HDMI cable still have the same result, I'm recommending try with a different HDMI input on Onkyo. Your Onkyo should have a lot of HDMI input ports.

If after all the above still don't work with XBMC patches, can you try to playback something with TMT5 (you'll 15 days free trial). I'm just wondering if it can bitstream with a standalone media player. If it is, you have your answer!

- watanave - 2012-02-20

Hola,

First thing is to thank DalielaE for her awesome patch.

I`m getting the same problem as other people respecting HDMI formats not recognize by Windows 7.

I`ve have a i3 - 540, H55M Build with a Denon AVR-2312CI and this connected to a LG TV. The HDMI properties shows all the formats that the Denon decodes only if the TV is off.

I`ve done almost anything to make it work: override EDID, reinstall drivers, old drivers, Etc.

Any help... Please...

Adiós.

- nikc0069 - 2012-02-20

bluray Wrote:That seems to be a good quality HDMI cable. Regardless of the quality of the cable, it can have bad cable w/ any brand. When you are ready to change out HDMI cable between HTPC-->AVR, please do it with both components in off stage. If switched out HDMI cable still have the same result, I'm recommending try with a different HDMI input on Onkyo. Your Onkyo should have a lot of HDMI input ports.

If after all the above still don't work with XBMC patches, can you try to playback something with TMT5 (you'll 15 days free trial). I'm just wondering if it can bitstream with a standalone media player. If it is, you have your answer!

Have you tried the EDID override? I couldn't get this to work for love nor money (also has an ASrock mobo with an Onkyo amp) until I gave this a go.

This should be the one you want. Thread is here:

EDID override

- bluray - 2012-02-20

nikc0069 Wrote:Have you tried the EDID override? I couldn't get this to work for love nor money (also has an ASrock mobo with an Onkyo amp) until I gave this a go.

This should be the one you want. Thread is here:

EDID override
I'm not sure why you are having problem with EDID on Onkyo AVR. I own Onkyo HT-RC270 and I installed my wife uncle Denon AVR790 on his system. I don't have any problem with EDID. HTPC recognized it out of the box. I connected all type of HDTV/Monitor to these receivers HDMI output, and it seems to recognized it fine. With HDTV off, it still bitstreaming fine! Smile

Oh, I'm happen to have AsRock E350M1 mobo too. I use all type of GPU's (AMD HD5570/HD6450/HD6310, Nvidia GT430 and Intel iGPU). With all these GPU's/iGPU's and proper software's/configurations, I never have any EDID problem! Smile

- DDDamian - 2012-02-20

watanave Wrote:Hola,

I`m getting the same problem as other people respecting HDMI formats not recognize by Windows 7.

I`ve have a i3 - 540, H55M Build with a Denon AVR-2312CI and this connected to a LG TV. The HDMI properties shows all the formats that the Denon decodes only if the TV is off.

I`ve done almost anything to make it work: override EDID, reinstall drivers, old drivers, Etc.

Any help... Please...

Adiós.

Also, under Denon setup menu please try turn HDMI control off (under Manual Settings, HDMI)

- bluray - 2012-02-20

watanave Wrote:Hola,

Any help... Please...

Adiós.
Can you try it with this 15 days free trial version of TMT5? I want to see if it can bitstreaming with a standalone media player. Then, we can go from there.

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-20

bluray Wrote:Can you try it with this 15 days free trial version of TMT5? I want to see if it can bitstreaming with a standalone media player. Then, we can go from there.

There should be no reason to have to test with other players, the log file in XBMC should tell him what is going on.

- bluray - 2012-02-20

voip-ninja Wrote:There should be no reason to have to test with other players, the log file in XBMC should tell him what is going on.
Why not? It's a couple minutes test vs who know how long he have been on it. As you can see, there are several users in here with Pastebin logs. They are still fighting with it!

- mrhyde1969 - 2012-02-20

DDDamian Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=122523&highlight=movie+sets

Thats not my problem. I know how to turn on movie sets, my problem is that it wont stay checked when I shut down windows and restart.

- nikc0069 - 2012-02-20

bluray Wrote:I'm not sure why you are having problem with EDID on Onkyo AVR. I own Onkyo HT-RC270 and I installed my wife uncle Denon AVR790 on his system. I don't have any problem with EDID. HTPC recognized it out of the box. I connected all type of HDTV/Monitor to these receivers HDMI output, and it seems to recognized it fine. With HDTV off, it still bitstreaming fine! Smile

Oh, I'm happen to have AsRock E350M1 mobo too. I use all type of GPU's (AMD HD5570/HD6450/HD6310, Nvidia GT430 and Intel iGPU). With all these GPU's/iGPU's and proper software's/configurations, I never have any EDID problem! Smile

Then you are lucky Bluray Smile I guess if you don't have the issue then all is good. If you do, it is know a known fix to simply install the EDID override Smile