Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

- Nimo - 2012-02-22

i use the last version on a nvidia gtx570 and it works fine. just dts-ma isnt supportet by nvidia on this card so i get dts-es matrix. for me no problem. i like it.

- bluray - 2012-02-22

watanave Wrote:I give up.

I did everything you suggested and nothing solved the problem of not being able to enjoy the HD audio. I thank everyone who helped me. It only works with another TV. Not with the LG TV does not even have updates.

Thank you very much everyone.

AdiĆ³s.
It is not guarantee to work, but some people installed an hdmi/hdcp compliant switch between AVR and HDTV to fix EDID issue-Mediabridge - 3 Port Mini Smart HDMI Switch or 5X1 Enhanced 1.3b Certified HDMI Switch w/ Built-In Equalizer & Remote.

From my experiences, AnyDVD HD take care a lot of issues too. I couldn't get Directv2PC to work with my older LCD. With AnyDVD HD in the background, I was able to use my old LCD for Directv2PC on my PC. You might want to download and install their 14 days trial version. If it doesn't fix anything, you can always un-install it later. <AnyDVD HD>

- luckyaua - 2012-02-22

Quote: just dts-ma isnt supportet by nvidia on this card so i get dts-es matrix
Why? i've GTX460 and DTS-MA is supported!

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-22

meridius Wrote:It is a ccc problem because I had the same problem and disabling ccc corrected this but it createsotr problems because I noticed when not having ccc loaded up I get pulsing picture brightness on some videos. It's hard to explain but it's like when a picture was moving it was like a flashing tearing effect. I tried the same video with ccc on and off and found when ccc was loaded the problem was gone but when it was disabled it was causing problems.

So now I just use sleep mode so when I wake the pc up ixbmc is loaded.

This is another xbmc bug becasue if you launch xbmc by using a mouse it does not minimise to a window when the ccc is loaded. Try it I bet it does not minimise. It's only when u load it from the start menu it happens. It must load program's differently from a mouse to a startup folder.

I hoped it was going to be fixed in this version but I guess not.

There are about 3 serious bugs with xbmc which have been going on for years but they never seem to want to fix them. They should post a sticky for them problems if it can not be fixed within xbmc if its not a xbmc problem and could have workarounds for this eg the juddering video problem when a pc has been on a long time or in standby which is directx related and only a xbmc reset will fix it. The workaround was a script that would reset xbmc on wake up.

Things like that.

Thanks for the heads up, that doesn't sound good (the tearing video). Sleep creates its own issues so I choose not to use it (I just shut down between uses).

Looks like I might have to go back to the Intel onboard graphics if I start to experience this pulsing video problem with the Radeon, without catalyst control center loaded.

- watanave - 2012-02-22

bluray Wrote:It is not guarantee to work, but some people installed an hdmi/hdcp compliant switch between AVR and HDTV to fix EDID issue-Mediabridge - 3 Port Mini Smart HDMI Switch or 5X1 Enhanced 1.3b Certified HDMI Switch w/ Built-In Equalizer & Remote.

From my experiences, AnyDVD HD take care a lot of issues too. I couldn't get Directv2PC to work with my older LCD. With AnyDVD HD in the background, I was able to use my old LCD for Directv2PC on my PC. You might want to download and install their 14 days trial version. If it doesn't fix anything, you can always un-install it later. <AnyDVD HD>

Thanks, blueray.

I've read about those things, but none of them are available here in Chile (South America), I will look for a replacement available here.

I tried AnyDVD HD too and, as you may suppose, did not work.

I'll keep investigating until find something.

The solution is change the TV but is not going to happen soon.

Gracias.

- mad-max - 2012-02-22

luckyaua Wrote:Why? i've GTX460 and DTS-MA is supported!

Yes, for LPCM but unfortunately not for Bitstream...
So nimo is right...

mad-max

- Nimo - 2012-02-22

luckyaua Wrote:Why? i've GTX460 and DTS-MA is supported!

yes your card can dts-ma but gtx570 and 580 cant. atm i use my desktop system to test and when deliverable i will buy a zotac id80 with gt520. and these card can dts-ma Wink

- greysquirrel - 2012-02-22

DDDamian Wrote:You say the sync is good after ripping with a new program (not MakeMKV) but the video speed is too slow or too fast now? Just wondered what you used to rip. Only on TrueHD? Just want to rule out the rip program.

I used DVDfab instead of makemkv. When ripping with dvdfab the audio showed as digital+ and was cutting out, and the video was slooow, the fast. With a makemkv rip it shows at THD but the video looks like it is on fast forward.

edit: I updated the audio driver to the latest realtek and truehd now works perfectly on Kung Fu Panda 2, the file that I and others previously had a problem with. I don't know why dvdfab picks up the audio on the other file as digital+ but i can live with that!
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this awesome development.

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-22

greysquirrel Wrote:I used DVDfab instead of makemkv. When ripping with dvdfab the audio showed as digital+ and was cutting out, and the video was slooow, the fast. With a makemkv rip it shows at THD but the video looks like it is on fast forward.

Just my 1/2-assed guess is that perhaps you have filters or media packs installed that are causing some of these issues.

Are you configuring XBMC to use any external players?

As painful as it is, it would be interesting to see how this is working on a fresh Windows install that only has the video card drivers, direct-X and this XBMC build.

Previously i just disabled the AMD driver but this time i 'uninstalled it' hopefully this has done the trick.

- meridius - 2012-02-22

DDDamian Wrote:@meridius - Does CCC open to a window or to the tray? Have you tried launching XBMC with the -fs switch for fullscreen? Might prevent the minimization you see.

Hi, ccc loads into the system tray and not a window. I am sure I tried the -fs but can not remember but will try it again to see what happens.

I did try a delay in the startup but that did not stop the problem but it was ccc causing it. The funny thing is that i use mobile mouse on my iPad and i have a shortcut on it to load xbmc and it does the same from a new boot but once u open xbmc and close it down and run it again it does not minimise .

I have hard an idea if u can not get it working I suppose u could run a bat file to load xbmc then shut it down and then reload it again and maybe that will stop it from doing that. I might give that a try on the weekend and the -fs option to see if that fixes it.

- bluray - 2012-02-22

greysquirrel Wrote:I used DVDfab instead of makemkv. When ripping with dvdfab the audio showed as digital+ and was cutting out, and the video was slooow, the fast. With a makemkv rip it shows at THD but the video looks like it is on fast forward.
It shouldn't be this way. How can two popular rippers works differently with this patch? Shocked

Maybe, the third ripper might a be charm for you. You can try to rip the same movie with AnyDVD HD 14 days trial version. You can rip it to BD folder or BD ISO. Or better yet, you can simply playback using the original blu-ray disc directly on BD-ROM. You can playback with XBMC "Play Disc" option shown in my screen shot below. You can compare the playback of the original blu-ray disc and AnyDVD HD ripped file. Since both versions is playback using the same XBMC patch, you should have identical video/audio quality.

If you still have the same problem as DVDFab and MakeMKV, you might have driver issue.

- dtviewer - 2012-02-22

voip-ninja Wrote:Just my 1/2-assed guess is that perhaps you have filters or media packs installed that are causing some of these issues.

Are you configuring XBMC to use any external players?

As painful as it is, it would be interesting to see how this is working on a fresh Windows install that only has the video card drivers, direct-X and this XBMC build.

Agreed.
That would really help to narrow down the issues.

I did have dsplayer xbmc previously with a few codec packs etc installed. I have removed all of these and it seems to be working now.
I wonder how the others are getting on who also had the problem with THD and kung fu panda 2.?

- pabloh20 - 2012-02-22

watanave Wrote:Thanks, blueray.

I've read about those things, but none of them are available here in Chile (South America), I will look for a replacement available here.

I tried AnyDVD HD too and, as you may suppose, did not work.

I'll keep investigating until find something.

The solution is change the TV but is not going to happen soon.

Gracias.
I know you have probably already looked at this, but wondering if anybody in here knows of any setting on your TV that might cause this behaviour, similar in the way that the hdmi control on the denon amp does? I am struggling to think of a setting that could cause it, but just a shot in the dark, seems as you got one TV to work.