Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

- PatrickBateman - 2012-02-24

@DDD

Could you do me a favour?
I've just noticed that for some reason my advanced settings is not being loded on any of my boxes?

Now forgoe all the obvious reasons, it previously worked as I use it mainly fr DVDs (which got created as my folders re full of them) and to disable the slash... But after updating it with some new delay settings etc it's not being read? On any of my boxes?

Can someone (or DDD) pop up a download for an actual (not copy and paste) XML of advanced settings that i can test fr the sake of testing.

I've created a new one with splash only and yet still this does not load? Could it be a beta issue? Can you guys check your log to see if yours is defo loading?

Cheers,
Pat~

edit:
here is my non functioning version?
Correct location (as it always was)
seems all correct interms of content
correct naming of file etc...

any ideas?

Code:
<advancedsettings>

<audio>
    <!-- Fix DTS stutter in MKV patch                    -->
    <!--   <enablealtsync> true = enable patch (default) -->
    <!--                   false = disable patch         -->
    <enablealtsync>true</enablealtsync>
</audio>

<video>
    <!-- DXVA Pixel Shader based HQ scalers patch                                          -->
    <!--   <preferdxvahqscalers> true = use PS based scaling when scaling set to Automatic -->
    <!--                         false = always use DXVA scaling (default)                 -->
    <preferdxvahqscalers>true</preferdxvahqscalers>

<!-- Global AV delay patch                    -->
    <!-- Delay in msecs, range between -600 - 600 -->

<globalavdelay>

<!-- Global default AV delay -->
      <delay>0</delay>

<!-- Override global AV delay for given display refresh rates -->
      <!-- You can specify multiple <refresh> entries               -->
      <!--   <refresh>                                              -->
      <!--     <min>, <max> refresh rate range, OR                  -->
      <!--     <rate> exact refresh rate                            -->
      <!--     <delay> delay                                        -->
      <!--   </refresh>                                             -->
      <!-- Example below: apply -125 msec delay for 24p playback    -->
      <refresh>
        <min>23</min>
        <max>24</max>
        <delay>-125</delay>
      </refresh>
    </globalavdelay>

</video>

<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>1000</nofliptimeout>  
</gui>

<network>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>  
</network>

<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>  
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
<splash>false</splash>

</advancedsettings>

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-24

Patrick,

There is a "stock" settings file for setting delay, etc, posted earlier in this thread, from a1165 or someone else.

I have used that one and it seems to be working, it introduces -125ms audio delay on 24P content and I have not been noticing any lip sync issues.

- DDDamian - 2012-02-24

@Patrick - structurally looks fine - use Notepad++ (Windows) formatted as XML for easy viewing of structure.

Check a11599's thread here for ins-and-outs.

I don't use it myself - no delay issues Smile (and obviously check loading in log)

- PatrickBateman - 2012-02-24

voip-ninja Wrote:Patrick,

There is a "stock" settings file for setting delay, etc, posted earlier in this thread, from a1165 or someone else.

I have used that one and it seems to be working, it introduces -125ms audio delay on 24P content and I have not been noticing any lip sync issues.

That's the one i posted with mild personal additions (dds etc) lol Smile

The thing is its not being loded in the log? Perhaps it's just my build... Nevermind.

Even a standard advances settings with only 1 thing in it is not being loded by xbmc?

Not bigge I'll wait until the next beta/rc and test it again...

- steelman1991 - 2012-02-24

Patrick - what build are you using - as I understood it DanielaE and Damians builds are slightly different - one (Damians) includes the avdelay patch - the other DanielaE's doesn't.

If you are using DanielaE's build with that advancedsetting it doesn't work at least mine didn't I had to use Damian's build.

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-25

I'm curious how many download of this there have been? Smile

- PatrickBateman - 2012-02-25

steelman1991 Wrote:Patrick - what build are you using - as I understood it DanielaE and Damians builds are slightly different - one (Damians) includes the avdelay patch - the other DanielaE's doesn't.

If you are using DanielaE's build with that advancedsetting it doesn't work at least mine didn't I had to use Damian's build.

Hi,

Yea I'm using Damian's build...

Interesting note though, I removed all the comments, all the tags (<gui> </gui> etc etc) and left only the actual commands in the XML, in a list with no separations etc..

Loaded fine?
So there must be a formatting issue in that XML somewhere...

All sorted now though, just not very friendly looking lol Smile

- steelman1991 - 2012-02-25

They are quite sensitive - happy you got it sorted Nod. I tend to tidy mine up before committing to the userdata folder

- DDDamian - 2012-02-25

voip-ninja Wrote:I'm curious how many download of this there have been? Smile

About 1600 from mine - can't say for Daniela's. I think a lot of users have missed this being in the Development forum.

PatrickBateman Wrote:So there must be a formatting issue in that XML somewhere...

Can't see it, but add comments back a few at a time and you'll spot it Smile

- Berggren - 2012-02-25

T800 Wrote:When playing a 720p video, bring up the OSD,
Video settings/
View Mode/
Make sure it is set to 'Normal' and not 'Original Size'
You Sir are nothing but a true hero Big Grin
This fixed my issue at once, and I did mark "use as default" so now all tvshows are playing as they should again!
One happy camper here :p
DDDamian Wrote:@Berggren, hopefully some of the help above will fix you up. There are no modifications to video processing in the build except any added as part of the Eden rollout, so you would see the same issues with stock Eden B3. The reason you may see changes after the upgrade is that Eden updates guisettings.xml with additional menu items etc.

If the tips above do not help can you post screenshots of what you mean? One showing the problem, one showing the problem + hitting "O" to bring up the onscreen debugging info. You can use ImgHost or any other picture hosting site. Thx.
As you can see it did help me out.
But the strange thing is that I have NEVER touched this setting before today. Never had any problems before with the picture not being shown on my whole tvscreen.
But now I know that there is a setting that can fix this problem if it ever appears again.

Thank you all for you helping me out, and doing so very quickly Smile
My Xbmc just keeps getting better and better as the weeks progresses.
When and where will it end? Big Grin

Regards Berggren from Sweden

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-25

bluray Wrote:That's good to read...it's time to enjoy the blu-ray movie w/ TrueHD audio then! Smile

I'm surprised you haven't started directing people to these builds who want HD audio in your large and well viewed thread on the subject. It's certainly superior to having to screw around with old patch builds or custom external players ... or, dare I say it, dsplayer builds.

- bluray - 2012-02-25

voip-ninja Wrote:I'm surprised you haven't started directing people to these builds who want HD audio in your large and well viewed thread on the subject. It's certainly superior to having to screw around with old patch builds or custom external players ... or, dare I say it, dsplayer builds.
If you visit the threads in my signature, you'll notice that I mentioned these patches on my threads. I informed dozen others through PM's and threads.

Regarding external player users, we're the other 1% (I still playback most of my BD ISO and Index.BDMV files using TMT5). We're using external player to enjoy the original blu-ray disc menus, chapters, previews, 3D, bitstreaming, etc, and some external player users don't even have AVR for bitstreaming! Smile

We use TMT5/PowerDVD11 as XBMC external player because we want the stuffs in the screen shots below. We still can enjoy XBMC for front-end too. To us, it's good for both worlds! Smile

- TRaSH - 2012-02-25

want to check with some people here who use this great patch/fix.
it seems i got some add-on updates:
IMDB
XBMC Libary Auto Update.
Weather Underground.

but when i want to update nothing happens.
could someone confirm if they got the same issue.
so i now if it's because of this patch or something else.

Thnx

- Martijn - 2012-02-25

TRaSH Wrote:but when i want to update nothing happens.
could someone confirm if they got the same issue.
so i now if it's because of this patch or something else.

Thnx

remove addons15.db and restart
There seem to be some random issues with it that we can't really grasp

- TRaSH - 2012-02-25

i did that but without luck,
even uninstalled the plugin and tried to install it again.
but that didn't even work.
Code:
14:05:23 T:4688   DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 1c, sym: 000d, unicode: 000d, modifier: 0
14:05:23 T:4688   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: return (f00d) pressed, action is Select
14:05:23 T:4688   DEBUG: CFileCache::Open - opening <addons/eden-pre/metadata.imdb.com/metadata.imdb.com-2.3.5.zip.md5> using cache
14:05:23 T:4688   DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(0B6FDEE8) http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden-pre/metadata.imdb.com/metadata.imdb.com-2.3.5.zip.md5
14:05:23 T:4688    INFO: XCURL::DllLibCurlGlobal::easy_aquire - Created session to http://mirrors.xbmc.org
14:05:24 T:1928   DEBUG: Thread XFILE::CFileCache start, auto delete: 0
14:05:24 T:1928    INFO: CFileCache::Process - Hit eof.
14:05:24 T:1928   DEBUG: Thread XFILE::CFileCache 1928 terminating
14:05:24 T:4412   DEBUG: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: 1
14:05:24 T:4688   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogAddonInfo.xml) ------
14:05:24 T:4412   DEBUG: FileManager: copy http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden-pre/metadata.imdb.com/metadata.imdb.com-2.3.5.zip -> special://home/addons/packages/metadata.imdb.com-2.3.5.zip
14:05:24 T:4412   DEBUG: FileCurl::Open(0B6FDEE8) http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden-pre/metadata.imdb.com/metadata.imdb.com-2.3.5.zip
14:05:24 T:4412 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
14:05:24 T:4412   ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
14:05:24 T:4688   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://all/xbmc.metadata.scraper.movies)
14:05:24 T:4688   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [addons://all/xbmc.metadata.scraper.movies]
14:05:24 T:4572   DEBUG: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: 0
when trying to download the zip file it self from a browser it works.