Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

- htpc guy - 2012-02-27

Rummer has it that the Ubuntu PPA's are showing RC1. Looking forward to new builds!

- DDDamian - 2012-02-27

htpc guy Wrote:Rummer has it that the Ubuntu PPA's are showing RC1. Looking forward to new builds!

RC1 getting ready to roll.

- jason28 - 2012-02-27

AGunzXBMC Wrote:Well what I do is I go ahead and edit with ember. After the NFO is created I open it with notepad scroll down to where the audio codec is and change dca to dtshd_ma and now xbmc picks it up correctly.

In Ember if you go: edit -> settings -> misc and then audio and video codec mapping you can set up a map that says a_dts is really dtshd_ma. When the nfo is written it will be correct for XBMC. Unfortunately Ember will not recognize it, but that is fine for me.

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-27

I just use Yanfoe for movie editing. It recognizes all HD audio tracks correctly.

- htpc guy - 2012-02-27

DDDamian Wrote:RC1 getting ready to roll.

Thought I smelled something cookingLaugh

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-27

P-I H Wrote:@voip-ninja
OK I changed to Catalyst 12.1 and now there is no problem to change audio formats.

I'm glad the advice worked, enjoy the sweet sound of HD audio, this patch is great!

I hope we can convince Damian to do one for RC1! Nod

- DDDamian - 2012-02-27

Lol - wait till RC1 is fully rolled - they're just doing touch-ups now.

- AGunzXBMC - 2012-02-27

jason28 Wrote:In Ember if you go: edit -> settings -> misc and then audio and video codec mapping you can set up a map that says a_dts is really dtshd_ma. When the nfo is written it will be correct for XBMC. Unfortunately Ember will not recognize it, but that is fine for me.

Thanks for that info.

- HeresJohnny - 2012-02-28

I've just seen this thread... I'm sorry if this has already been said, but the thread is too huge for me to skim through: Did this patch make it into RC1?

- Philmatic - 2012-02-28

HeresJohnny Wrote:I've just seen this thread... I'm sorry if this has already been said, but the thread is too huge for me to skim through: Did this patch make it into RC1?

No and it is not planned to make it into Eden at all. It's much too late in the development process to introduce a new feature.

It likely won't make it into the nightly builds of Frodo either, no use working this solution through when AudioEngine is getting close.

- jjd-uk - 2012-02-28

Philmatic Wrote:It likely won't make it into the nightly builds of Frodo either, no use working this solution through when AudioEngine is getting close.
Guess you missed this http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=1029005&postcount=679

I've also noticed that it say's Team-XBMC Member under Daniela's username now, so looks like she's officially become one of the dev's Big Grin Well done Daniela

- Phantom_Zone - 2012-02-28

DDDamian Wrote:Lol - wait till RC1 is fully rolled - they're just doing touch-ups now.

Right Damian its out...c'mon, lets be 'aving you Laugh

Seriously though...many thanks for integrating it with B3!

- paavoris - 2012-02-28

DDDamian Wrote:Lol - wait till RC1 is fully rolled - they're just doing touch-ups now.

YEAH DDDamian! It has been HOURS and still nothing, no new RC1 build with HD-patches??!!½½ Shocked

:p Big Grin

- HeresJohnny - 2012-02-28

Btw, isn't Daniela a male italian name?

And on a different note, is there any hope that DVD-A and SACD decoding will be tackled, now that there's an audiophile on the dev team? Smile

- DDDamian - 2012-02-28

jjd-uk Wrote:Guess you missed this http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=1029005&postcount=679

I've also noticed that it say's Team-XBMC Member under Daniela's username now, so looks like she's officially become one of the dev's Big Grin Well done Daniela

+1 - She has accepted an invite to join Team XBMC with many warm welcomes Big Grin

paavor Wrote:YEAH DDDamian! It has been HOURS and still nothing, no new RC1 build with HD-patches??!!½½

Big Grin

Just wanted to monitor comments on the roll-out. Note that the Global AV patch is now part of mainline code, with a few tweaks, but there is a small bug in it which may force the user to add some advanced settings even if they don't experience the delays. Knowing some general feedback now on RC1 (and after a few requests lol) I'll go ahead and do a build for ya's, and comment in that post how to deal witht the bug.

HeresJohnny Wrote:Btw, isn't Daniela a male italian name?

And on a different note, is there any hope that DVD-A and SACD decoding will be tackled, now that there's an audiophile on the dev team? Smile

Daniela is a currently the only female member of Team XBMC and we're lucky to have her onboard!

DVD-A can easily be ripped to FLAC and played in XBMC, albeit at 16bits. With the AE branch you can enjoy 24bits. For SACD/DSD/DST/DSDiff playback see my post here. We're working on having it added via libavcodec and have submitted a request there. If it goes ahead great, if not we will look at adding it directly. There is a licensing issue with the DST-compression unpacking code.

EDIT: deleted double post Smile