Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

- mad-max - 2012-02-28

HeresJohnny Wrote:Btw, isn't Daniela a male italian name?
An "a" at the end nearly always means a female person in languages with latin roots...

Italian male would be "Danielo"...

Sorry for this bit OT...

@DDDamian: Seems as you made a double post, by accident

cheers,
mad-max

- HeresJohnny - 2012-02-28

DDDamian Wrote:DVD-A can easily be ripped to FLAC and played in XBMC, albeit at 16bits. With the AE branch you can enjoy 24bits. For SACD/DSD/DST/DSDiff playback see my post here. We're working on having it added via libavcodec and have submitted a request there. If it goes ahead great, if not we will look at adding it directly. There is a licensing issue with the DST-compression unpacking code.

Sorry, I wasn't precise enough. I was referring to inclusion of DVD-A and SACD ISO. Of course you can rip anything to anything else, but ISO playback of these like it's possible in foobar2000 would be awesome (foobar sucks at bitstreaming).

- avus m3 - 2012-02-28

How have I missed this thread?! Can't wait to give it a try tonight! Thanks Daniela and Damian!

- DDDamian - 2012-02-28

HeresJohnny Wrote:Sorry, I wasn't precise enough. I was referring to inclusion of DVD-A and SACD ISO. Of course you can rip anything to anything else, but ISO playback of these like it's possible in foobar2000 would be awesome (foobar sucks at bitstreaming).

DVD-A to FLAC is lossless, and you can then seperate out the songs and play them as part of a playlist, etc as well as tage them with metadata, so that has been my preferred route. I haven't tried AE with a DVD-A disc yet, worth a try. For SACD yes, my comments were based on the .ISO files and adding support for both them and DSDiff-ripped files, both native DSD.

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-28

Damian,

I think that if an advanced settings file example for RC1 that handles delay/sync settings could be provided that most users would not have a problem with it (I am using a -125ms settings file currently with good results).

I don't plan on upgrading to RC1 until you or Daniela have a build that includes the HD audio patch.

- HeresJohnny - 2012-02-28

DDDamian Wrote:I haven't tried AE with a DVD-A disc yet, worth a try. For SACD yes, my comments were based on the .ISO files and adding support for both them and DSDiff-ripped files, both native DSD.

The thing is, AFAIK there's no ISO parser in XBMC for these formats yet and AE is geared towards other stuff.

- DDDamian - 2012-02-28

HeresJohnny Wrote:The thing is, AFAIK there's no ISO parser in XBMC for these formats yet and AE is geared towards other stuff.

You are correct. It's a fairly major addition and differentiating between bluray/dvd/SACD iso's is part of the challange.

Eden RC1 plus HDAudio - DDDamian - 2012-02-28

Here you go:

XBMC Eden RC1 + HD Audio

Includes mainline Global AV Delay patch plus bug-fix, Portuguese (BR) language strings, German and Hungarian language strings, updated splash screen and speed optimizations.

For details on using the Global AV Delay patch see this thread.

Virus-scanned with AVG.

EDIT: build fixed and above link updated - good to go and same as appears later in thread.

- Philmatic - 2012-02-28

jjd-uk Wrote:Guess you missed this http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=1029005&postcount=679

Well, I got 0wn3d! lol

- fezster - 2012-02-28

DDDamian Wrote:Here you go:

XBMC Eden RC1 + HD Audio

Includes mainline Global AV Delay patch plus bug-fix, Portuguese (BR) language strings, German and Hungarian language strings, updated splash screen and speed optimizations.

For details on using the Global AV Delay patch see this thread.

Virus-scanned with AVG.

Thanks DDDamian.

Hopefully this will address my issues with random freezes after waking from sleep.

- DanielaE - 2012-02-28

DDDamian Wrote:Here you go: XBMC Eden RC1 + HD Audio

Great! This is about the same as I would spit out, so I don't see a good reason to publish a remix from my source tree. I rather spend my time on fixing other issues related to audio playback.

Thanks Damian!

- DanielaE - 2012-02-28

HeresJohnny Wrote:Btw, isn't Daniela a male italian name?
No, that's Daniele.

Now btt.

- DDDamian - 2012-02-28

DanielaE Wrote:Great! This is about the same as I would spit out, so I don't see a good reason to publish a remix from my source tree. I rather spend my time on fixing other issues related to audio playback.

Thanks Damian!

We'd like that too Dani Wink I'm more working on AE. See the Trac ticket with your name on it? I'd been speaking with Pike on it - will add details to it.

- DanielaE - 2012-02-28

DDDamian Wrote:See the Trac ticket with your name on it? I'd been speaking with Pike on it - will add details to it.
I'm aware of the ticket. Looking forward to your additional info on the subject!

- Wanilton - 2012-02-28

Thanks Damian, very good new build....

Wanilton