Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats (/showthread.php?tid=121877)

- DDDamian - 2012-02-28

@voip-ninja - good man - if you don't see you tag change after a week PM me.

@bluray - or for a vasectomy Laugh

- GreenEyez - 2012-02-29

DDDamian , does you build include the recent fix for the bug that slipped into Eden R1 regarding out of sync playback?

And yeah, another donation from my end by this weeks end, when i get my salary from work Big Grin

- DDDamian - 2012-02-29

GreenEyez Wrote:DDDamian , does you build include the recent fix for the bug that slipped into Eden R1 regarding out of sync playback?

And yeah, another donation from my end by this weeks end, when i get my salary from work Big Grin

Yes, all patched up - no special tricks required Big Grin

And wow - what an outpouring of love! Great to see how much everyone loves this program, what a great community.

- avus m3 - 2012-02-29

Just got home from work and read the updates...looking forward to the new build (well HD Audio through XBMC in general since I have not tried any of these builds). Once this is rolled in I will make a donation as well.

- steeve23 - 2012-02-29

htpc guy Wrote:Trying to download the build but I'm getting this error.
Invalid or Deleted File

Can we get this re-uploaded or was it taken down for a reason?

DDDamian Wrote:Yes, all patched up - no special tricks required Big Grin

And wow - what an outpouring of love! Great to see how much everyone loves this program, what a great community.

EDIT: hold the fort on downloading for about 1hr - found a build issue - updating now!!

I assume its he's just sorting the bug out. Give it a while longer.

- voip-ninja - 2012-02-29

Yes, he found a problem in the build apparently and is working on fixing it, hold your horses everyone! Nerd And who knows, maybe he is trying to eat dinner, smooch his wife, play with his dog, etc, before doing another XBMC build. Nod

- DDDamian - 2012-02-29

Lol, hold on lads - was a tricky one. I smooched the dog, ate the wife and played with dinner too Smile

- avus m3 - 2012-02-29

DDDamian Wrote:Lol, hold on lads - was a tricky one. I smooched the dog, ate the wife and played with dinner too Smile

At least she got some satisfaction from the wait :p

XBMC Eden RC1 + HDAudio - DDDamian - 2012-02-29

Okay, round two, same details as previous build today post 713:

XBMC Eden RC1 + HDAudio

Previous link updated as well. Tricky one - the earlier builds used a pull from a11599 (Istvan)'s repo. Now that it's modified and pushed to master a merge resulted in two differing versions of the patch. A quick test didn't show any issues as I don't need to use this patch for sync.

For details on using the Global AV Delay patch see this thread.

Anyways, link is open now and build is fixed.

- avus m3 - 2012-02-29

So I'm confused...did we have to still add a delay setting to our advanced settings file? DTS HD movies play perfect. Dolby True HD is a bit off still. Other then that everything looks perfect!!

- TechLife - 2012-02-29

DDDamian Wrote:Lol, hold on lads - was a tricky one. I smooched the dog, ate the wife and played with dinner too Smile

LMFAO!! Thanks for that D... I needed a good laugh tonight.

--

Damian & Daniela - I'd like to thank you guys again for all your hard work on this and making this available to us. Being able to do away with my external player, managing codecs, etc. is priceless.

Daniela - Congrats on being invited to and joining the XBMC team. That first post making this available to us was one heck of a resume! I'm sure I speak for many when I say we mere mortal users worship the new XBMC goddess. Wink

- DDDamian - 2012-02-29

avus m3 Wrote:So I'm confused...did we have to still add a delay setting to our advanced settings file? DTS HD movies play perfect. Dolby True HD is a bit off still. Other then that everything looks perfect!!

With this build you don't have to, but the option is there should you need it. If you don't need it, do nothing Smile I hope you got the fixed build, there was a hiccup on the first one I posted.

TechLife Wrote:LMFAO!! Thanks for that D... I needed a good laugh tonight.

Daniela - Congrats on being invited to and joining the XBMC team. That first post making this available to us was one heck of a resume! I'm sure I speak for many when I say we mere mortal users worship the new XBMC goddess. Wink

Lol, I should watch my tongue and my dyslexia Wink

You should see her actual resume - cripes, the whole team is pretty impressed, and welcomes her warmly as Team XBMC's only female coder. I think I said on pg 1 of this thread she'd make a lot of friends. Well, that includes the Team.

- paolov74 - 2012-02-29

I DDDamian,

thanks for your quick RC1 HD audio update!

I tried the build and I got the same problem, as your previous one, about TrueHD with "sync playback" on. If you don't mind, this is my ongoing report:

- "sync playback "off" : everything goes well, DTS-HDMA and TrueHD, but frame drop occurs

- "sync playback "on": here I got different results:
- your very first build (right after DanielaE's work) shows no 40 sec/1 min drop on trueHD movies but heavy sync issues on same HD audio format;
- your second build corrects trueHD sync issues but introduces drops every 40 sec/1min (better with WASAPI, worst with directsound)

So, the question is: may you kindly investigate what happened between your first two builds? The code you introduced broke sync to playback audio smoothness (not video smoothness, which remained safe).

I read about other guys having same hitches...so I think that the sync to playback option is endorsed by several other people.

Sorry for the long post, just my two cent on my several trials with your great builds!

- DanielaE - 2012-02-29

@paolov74:
mark I of my HD audio patch didn't go into great length of calculating the true audio frame duration. This lead to severe sync issues with certain setups. Mark II (the current patch code) tries to calculate the audio frame duration and succeeds in doing so with audio formats which exhibit non-varying frame sizes (i.e. DTS). In case of Dolby TrueHD (with varying sizes of packed frames) it can do no better than give an educated guess which is good enough to fix audio stutter on most setups. The ultimate fix - possibly mark III - is a hard one: it requires an on-the-fly fake decode of packed audio up to the point that the true number of resulting audio samples and thus the exact audio frame duration can be derived. This is nothing that will happen tomorrow (to say the least).

- paolov74 - 2012-02-29

thanks DanielaE for your answer...this one definetely clarifies me about the question.